Car dealership manager cheated buyers of over $222,000 in deposits

BabyBlade

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Cash and carry lor .hand over cashier order or $1000 bills and transfer on the spot. 

LTA should make on the spot transfer a mandatory process 

• Praise 2

Twincharged
12 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

LTA should make on the spot transfer a mandatory process 

not tat easy sometimes. for most of the dealers some portion of their stock is funded via loans, so they need you cash for them to have the bank release the lien on the car. but you can always place a deposit to enable them to start the process earlier and have them get ready to transfer on the spot.

• Praise 2

well if such dealer cannot facilitate such monetary transaction, it also speaks of their credit rating or lack of it.

They should just pull then shuttle and goes into car wash/polishing businesses.

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

Renovation also the same. Take deposit but never complete the project, keep delaying. Give all sorts of excuses. Renovation can take more than 1 year. Knn.

Actually, why can't have a centralised trust fund where buyers put their deposits and this is managed by the govt? Only after everything is cleared, then this fund can be released to the dealer

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Actually, why can't have a centralised trust fund where buyers put their deposits and this is managed by the govt? Only after everything is cleared, then this fund can be released to the dealer

Such escrow service they earn wat? Buyer or seller willing to pay a service charge? Likewise for property transaction some lawyer run off with money.

Platform like Carousell offer something like that know as Protection but dunno the take up rate. Believe the bank charge a fee.

• Praise 3

20 hours ago, Watwheels said:

So unbelievable so many ppl fall for such lies.

Possible lah. Like how many buyers take the dealer's OT and think they actually managed to score $20-30k above market price for their trade in car....

On 10/6/2021 at 10:47 AM, BabyBlade said:

I'm surprised people think they can get away with such crimes in Singapore.

in alot of such cases i known of (not only in auto trade), the culprit know they cannot get away , its just a matter of how much they can make before caught.

'1)$222,000 in deposits

2)sentenced to two years and three months' jail

3)No restitution ( mean the $222000.00 is not recover??)

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Beregond said:

in alot of such cases i known of (not only in auto trade), the culprit know they cannot get away , its just a matter of how much they can make before caught.

'1)$222,000 in deposits

2)sentenced to two years and three months' jail

3)No restitution ( mean the $222000.00 is not recover??)

if I am the culprit, i will buy as many rolex watch as possible with the 222,000. Then I go inside sit for 2 year, come out and sell for 444,000. 🤣

But I cannot sit in prison lah. I no balls. hahaha. I will not cheat, I will not cheat. 🤣

• Haha! 1

On 10/6/2021 at 11:30 AM, mikk123 said:

when the person really really needs $$$$, he will do anything.... 

This kind of case will appear regularly in the news....why would anyone still wants to do it? 😁

Including playing squid game 😂😂

↡ Advertisement