Got Covid-19, No prejudice, Share your Experience Here

Arogab

Turbocharged

Hi Bros and Sis, I suggested many time but no one started this. Thus, I set it up so that all of you can share. Some people will think this is just flu. But as a person going thru many of these cases. I am very sure it is not like flu and I would really want all of us to share this and stay safe with it. 

For those that have someone close to you and even if you have been infected. I would really say there should not be any prejudice and hope you will share your experience. I have many people close to me got it and back to normal life. But we also have people with Long Covid and unknow as to what is the seriousness. Please share. Stay safe, keep well protected nd good habits......Cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 14
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Hi Bros and Sis, I suggested many time but no one started this. Thus, I set it up so that all of you can share. Some people will think this is just flu. But as a person going thru many of these cases. I am very sure it is not like flu and I would really want all of us to share this and stay safe with it. 

For those that have someone close to you and even if you have been infected. I would really say there should not be any prejudice and hope you will share your experience. I have many people close to me got it and back to normal life. But we also have people with Long Covid and unknow as to what is the seriousness. Please share. Stay safe, keep well protected nd good habits......Cheers

is there an anonymous poll function in mcf?

you can start a series of polls

• Haha! 5

Turbocharged
32 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

is there an anonymous poll function in mcf?

you can start a series of polls

I am not trying to poll for anything. I am just trying to have people who are infected, close contacts to share their experiences. I come very close shave with these people. I share that I have encounter one death (underlying HBP), this guy only 39 years old. I also have one case who always have chest pain after recovery. There are several of them no trouble and back to work as per normal

• Praise 5

You might need to do this anonymously. Pseudonyms may not suffice as quite a few of us know the members here IRL. And apart from embarrassment etc, there could be implications to insurance, employment etc. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

You might need to do this anonymously. Pseudonyms may not suffice as quite a few of us know the members here IRL. And apart from embarrassment etc, there could be implications to insurance, employment etc. 

Well, I got your point, if there is sensitivity in sharing, then probably ask the mod to close it. I come face to face with these people. I also don't think they should loose their job if they get infected. IRL, I also will not avoid someone who is positive and recovered knowing he got anti-bodies already

Heard from a friend whose SIL kena in the earlier days. Was hospitalised and on oxygen support. 

A description shared which is still vivid in my memory was how her SIL described that each time she breathe, it felt as if a piece of jagged glass was cutting up/down her throat. Sibei painful. 

Till now, she is still unable to taste her food. Hopefully she will fully recover from this. I can't imagine eating without taste at all. Will definitely feel very down. 

Its unique for every case, not everyone has same effects during and after recovery. But frankly, just stay safe and dun risk how well your body may bounce back. 

Cheers 

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

Haven't got it and none of family members or extended, relatives too. Although some have had to quarantine; this is far more common.

Ironically, instead have ill-effect from vaccination (not acknowledged, naturally) and requires hospitalisation and further recovery at home till now. Another had a bad case of rash, but thankfully did not recur with the 2nd jab.

I do know a friend who got covid and recovered. Had mild symptoms which were like a bout of flu, with headache and body ache. Then those without symptoms at all, you wouldn't know, right?

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 6

14 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Heard from a friend whose SIL kena in the earlier days. Was hospitalised and on oxygen support. 

A description shared which is still vivid in my memory was how her SIL described that each time she breathe, it felt as if a piece of jagged glass was cutting up/down her throat. Sibei painful. 

Till now, she is still unable to taste her food. Hopefully she will fully recover from this. I can't imagine eating without taste at all. Will definitely feel very down. 

Its unique for every case, not everyone has same effects during and after recovery. But frankly, just stay safe and dun risk how well your body may bounce back. 

Cheers 

Heard that it was that much worse in the early days before vaccination.

after recovery many long covid symptoms.

foggy brain, general weakness, lose smell and taste, shivers, diabetes.

some instead no more hbp. 

scientists hypothesize something to do with change in cell function.. i dont really understand what it is but if i let my imagination run wild, maybe what used to be a smell receptor is now functioning differently. 

imagine any food you eat all just taste like cardboard.  

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

19 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I should think so as in the early days, oxygen is pretty much the basic "medication" given. 

Friend shared that the bill of  2 weeks plus stay was  close to $13k. Her SIL is obviously thankful that she need not pay and even more so to be alive. 

None of my family and me *touch wood* kena and regardless if eventually one day, some day, such a day, will be flu like. 😅 Surely, one can hope. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Turbocharged
20 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I also have people who are vaccinated and got infected. At first they say they got no symptoms but we detected them positive with ART on regular testing basis. But after some days of isolation, they also develop symptoms and go hospital. 

Noted that vaccination will reduce the seriousness but it is still all on individual. Poor Thai people got no medical care when they are infected actually

• Praise 2

20 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

after recovery many long covid symptoms.

foggy brain, general weakness, lose smell and taste, shivers, diabetes.

some instead no more hbp. 

scientists hypothesize something to do with change in cell function.. i dont really understand what it is but if i let my imagination run wild, maybe what used to be a smell receptor is now functioning differently. 

imagine any food you eat all just taste like cardboard.  

Definitely possible but it really depends on individual's own state of health.

Sometimes, ppl are in denial, hence, disregarded the need for vaccination cos they may feel since old liao, mati-mata near door steps or vaccinated already, mati faster. 😅

But to eat "cardboard" daily is very sad. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I also have people who are vaccinated and got infected. At first they say they got no symptoms but we detected them positive with ART on regular testing basis. But after some days of isolation, they also develop symptoms and go hospital. 

Noted that vaccination will reduce the seriousness but it is still all on individual. Poor Thai people got no medical care when they are infected actually

I feel a lot of how things develop will depend on individual's state of health and fitness. Just like a flu lah. If healthy and fit, the symptoms may not even surface.

In the early days of covid, chinese belief is to drink "cooling" stuffs to stave off sore throat and fever, i.e. if these do not take hold, then not likely to catch covid.

But now the symptoms are more like nasal congestion - I thought if drink "cooling" stuff then it becomes worse? [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I feel a lot of how things develop will depend on individual's state of health and fitness. Just like a flu lah. If healthy and fit, the symptoms may not even surface.

In the early days of covid, chinese belief is to drink "cooling" stuffs to stave off sore throat and fever, i.e. if these do not take hold, then not likely to catch covid.

But now the symptoms are more like nasal congestion - I thought if drink "cooling" stuff then it becomes worse? [laugh]

Look at CR7, he got covid and test positive and then scold people say the testing is bulls**t cos he got no 😄

If I got Covid I won't be shy to say, I will be pissed.

I only shy to say about my rash down there in @Philipkee anything ask a nurse so I wrote "my flen" asking so no one knows it was me.

:D

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Arogab said:

You wanna start an ask jamie help group ah? hahahahaha.

https://mustsharenews.com/chatbot-safe-sex-advice/

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3