Kicks as L plater!

Axela525

46 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Need to ask @Jamesc

Maybe he got buy for his MIL before. hahaha 🤣

Heard that the used car he bought for his MIL had both brake pedals removed. Something about car being lighter, bo jiak yu. Very caring 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

How come if learn using Kicks, next time when drive a sedan would have issues in parking le? Thought if you have got used in driving a bigger car and then go drive a smaller car, it would be much easier?

When you look out of the back window of hatchback, what you see is pretty much in line with the back of the car. For sedan there is still the boot sticking out which need to account for. Something like that imo.

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

Still have older Jazz/Fit (SL* plate) series running about. Dont recall seeing them using new Fit model.

I see, so now they change back using city again. Remember they are using city last time, then change to jazz.

8 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

When you look out of the back window of hatchback, what you see is pretty much in line with the back of the car. For sedan there is still the boot sticking out which need to account for. Something like that imo.

True, i remember when i got used in driving a hatchback, then when drive a sedan, not used to it during parking, esp in tight parking due to the boot area and more blind spot as compared to a hatchback. Lol.

4 hours ago, Axela525 said:

Is this car too big to be a learner car, saw them hit kerb during narrow courses...dunno why they buy this type of car. 

20210904_094149~2.jpg

The footprint is about size of Toyota Vios or Honda City or so should be passable as a learning car.

4 hours ago, Mustank said:

My first licence is m113 :grin:

Anyone here first licence Leopard  😂😂

Edited by Tohto
  • Haha! 2

41 minutes ago, Soya said:

Heard that the used car he bought for his MIL had both brake pedals removed. Something about car being lighter, bo jiak yu. Very caring 

That's not true.

I removed the brake pads AND made the throttle stuck to only wide open.

Help my MIL arrive faster.

• Haha! 3

4 hours ago, Axela525 said:

Is this car too big to be a learner car, saw them hit kerb during narrow courses...dunno why they buy this type of car. 

20210904_094149~2.jpg

Why is this even consider big.. a quick check and only almost 4.3m

Dimensions (L x W x H)(4290 x 1760 x 1615) mm

A Honda City is even bigger.

Dimensions (L x W x H)(4553 x 1748 x 1467

With the Kick sitting higher it is actually easier to drive for learner as it has better view out.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Suzuki carry quite a small van le, how come need so big mirror?

you ask suzuki lor. hahahaha. Comes with it one leh. I never mod that van at all. 🤣

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Beregond said:

alot of ppl even if they learn manual now

but drive auto for 10 year. suddenly u give them a manual, they dun dare to drive already 😅

I dare to drive. I just don't know if will die car or not after stopping at the traffic junction. 😂

I think all of us old timers should be able to get back the feel quite easily within 5 to 10 min of city driving. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Tohto said:

Why is this even consider big.. a quick check and only almost 4.3m

Dimensions (L x W x H)(4290 x 1760 x 1615) mm

A Honda City is even bigger.

Dimensions (L x W x H)(4553 x 1748 x 1467

With the Kick sitting higher it is actually easier to drive for learner as it has better view out.

this may be a better learner's car b because it provides  better visibility all round due to its height.

7 hours ago, Kxbc said:

I dare to drive. I just don't know if will die car or not after stopping at the traffic junction. 😂

I think all of us old timers should be able to get back the feel quite easily within 5 to 10 min of city driving. 

Every manual car the clutch biting point would feel difference, so need a bit of time to get the feel, but guess quite fast should be ok liao. Not say difficult to drive a manual car lo.

4 hours ago, Dafansu said:

I saw a volvo SUV used as L plate in Ubi circuit 2 weeks back. Kind of rare. 

Volvo SUV used as L plate car? Could be XC40? 

22 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

Still have older Jazz/Fit (SL* plate) series running about. Dont recall seeing them using new Fit model.

This is why no new Fits

:D

image.png.82705f5b5d7261fca025ef6475f439c0.png

image.png.bc07514a76be73bfb8b499f54786fb46.png

• Haha! 2

I have an idea! [idea]

With more rich people driving luxury cars in Singapore, when their kids start to learn driving, they will want the best for their kids naturally. @Jamesc want to join me start a driving school using Audi A3 / Q3, BMW 1 series / X1, Mercedes A Class / GLA?

Just need to charge a higher rate of say $120 per session of 100 mins, bao tan one, and can drive Audi / BMW / Mercedes after work some more, better than PHV tio bo? [flowerface][flowerface]

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

On 10/8/2021 at 7:38 PM, Dafansu said:

I saw a volvo SUV used as L plate in Ubi circuit 2 weeks back. Kind of rare. 

The tuition fees must be double!:mellow:

↡ Advertisement