πŸ˜‚ Still Dare Complain About Living in Singapore?

steveluv

1 minute ago, Voodooman said:

Ah Singh says it best. Β 

Β 

Id say the day politicians gave themselves gold quality of living... they lost the right to demand people accept the mere quality of justΒ existing.Β 

3 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Ah Singh says it best. Β 

Β 

This fela also dam one kind... he clearly knows things are wrong and had been wrong for a long time... but , dieΒ die still pap loyalist.Β 

To me he really serves no purpose this way. Just supporting the flaws .

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Playtime said:

Made me wonder wtf is buying in Malaysia

Plenty of young people in the establishment, blissfully spending their parents' hard-earned......

51 minutes ago, Playtime said:

This fela also dam one kind... he clearly knows things are wrong and had been wrong for a long time... but , dieΒ die still pap loyalist.Β 

To me he really serves no purpose this way. Just supporting the flaws .

Well, he left.Β 

3 hours ago, Arogab said:

Question :What is Singaporeans' favorite past time?

Answer : Complain

Question: Confirm?

Answer: Double Confirm!!πŸ˜„

I onli comprain gotta kena nostril violated b4, during and after travel

Β 

• Praise 1

Whats wrong with complaining? lol

Does it mean if we score 70/100 now. we cannot chase to score 80/100?

We pay for the best. i would expect to have the best also ? Fair and square??

I alway ask this question. Is this the best we can do?? Or we can do better??

• Praise 4

I used to go MY quite regularly.Β 

Cost of living for locals are considered very high.Β 

Most of locally produced MNC products are also having regional pricing. So if a tin of biscuits in SG cost $7, MY will be RM$21.

The raw ingredient are also imported, so majority of a, product value chain are affected by global supply and demand.Β 

Only fresh produce and fisheries can they have a more competitive pricing.Β 

Their high cost of living tags to their low wages in the country.Β 

Only those working in large MNC get similar pay package to SG. Though still possibly lower.... same level job in SG get 10k in MY maybe get RM25k.Β 

It's the entry level job that's have the biggest disparity.Β 

There was a report about a cleaner in SG earns same value as Medical intern in MY.Β 

MY seemed not badly affected in AFC, but their economy hasn't really changed as much as other badly affected countries since 1997.

Their exchange rate is a big factor of to their high cost of living too.Β 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 1

52 minutes ago, Soya said:

I onli comprain gotta kena nostril violated b4, during and after travel

Β 

Haha, I also kena poke many many many times liao.Β 

26 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Whats wrong with complaining? lol

Does it mean if we score 70/100 now. we cannot chase to score 80/100?

We pay for the best. i would expect to have the best also ? Fair and square??

I alway ask this question. Is this the best we can do?? Or we can do better??

🀣🀣🀣🀣... that's THE conversations parents have with school  kids ALL the time. 

Parents: "Why score 70? Why not 80?"

Kids: " why must 80? 70 is good enough!"

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Playtime said:

🀣🀣🀣🀣... that's THE conversations parents have with school  kids ALL the time. 

Parents: "Why score 70? Why not 80?"

Kids: " why must 80? 70 is good enough!"

my parents give me $50/ week during poly time only. they only request i min pass and get my cert.

If i give my kids 500sgd/week and they only give me a 50/100 just pass onlyΒ 

i will give them same same 50sgd/week also as what i receive.  because that is what they deserve. 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Most of locally produced MNC products are also having regional pricing. So if a tin of biscuits in SG cost $7, MY will be RM$21.

The raw ingredient are also imported, so majority of a, product value chain are affected by global supply and demand.Β 

Only those working in large MNC get similar pay package to SG. Though still possibly lower.... same level job in SG get 10k in MY maybe get RM25k.Β 

There was a report about a cleaner in SG earns same value as Medical intern in MY.Β 

MY seemed not badly affected in AFC, but their economy hasn't really changed as much as other badly affected countries since 1997.

Had a very knowledgeable Malaysian colleague when I just started out working in the industry...learned quite a bit despite a short period of less than 3 months he was there...he'd only eat the $2 fried rice every meal in the canteen...IΒ  asked him was it becos he found it very tasty...he said that's the only thing he could afford on a regular basis becos one big chunk of his salary went to his rental for a bed in a room where he shared with 3 others...returned to Malaysia shortly after...

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Atonchia said:

30 million people with so much natural resources but a lot of their smartest and hardest working peopleΒ are here.Β 

9 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

30 million people with so much natural resources but a lot of their smartest and hardest working peopleΒ are here.Β 

Policy issue + unfair access to resourcesΒ 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Some of my younger boh tak chek cousins...started out as blue collar......stayed in rented room in jb... worked hard here...motor in and out everyday...got promoted still did the same till one day decided to rent a room here...continued to work hard...saved enough to buy a house in jb but still stayed in the rented room here...only bought a resale after settling down here while he bought more "eat wind houses" in bolehland...other cousins also have a few properties in various cities...

haizz...T2 would say sad life for Singaporeans...😁

Not all jiak hong chu areΒ equal, especially when they’re on opposite sides of the Causeway - buy many many but if cannot rent out, end up let thieves come in and steal everything that isn’t cemented (not just nailed)Β down….. what’s the point? If it’s not earning you passive income then it’s probably a liability.

25 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Not all jiak hong chu areΒ equal, especially when they’re on opposite sides of the Causeway - buy many many but if cannot rent out, end up let thieves come in and steal everything that isn’t cemented (not just nailed)Β down….. what’s the point? If it’s not earning you passive income then it’s probably a liability.

That's true...not all apples are equal...

I was however surprised about the take up rate at some individually owned "chalet" style houses in a small town centre where some of my uncles are living... Singaporeans and locals rent them for a few days as getaway...

A cousin whom is business minded converted part of an old house into a childcare centre...business so good until she bought a few more houses...one for ownstay and the others converted into a childcare chain...

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Voodooman said:

And they don't really find SG the best option available to them these days, those smartest, hardest working people... that should tell us something. We no longer get the cream of the crop from foreign lands, now we only get their 2nd, 3rd tier so-called "talent" [laugh]

Β 

↑ Advertisement
  • Praise 3