😂 Still Dare Complain About Living in Singapore?

steveluv

8 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Some of my younger boh tak chek cousins...started out as blue collar......stayed in rented room in jb... worked hard here...motor in and out everyday...got promoted still did the same till one day decided to rent a room here...continued to work hard...saved enough to buy a house in jb but still stayed in the rented room here...only bought a resale after settling down here while he bought more "eat wind houses" in bolehland...other cousins also have a few properties in various cities...

haizz...T2 would say sad life for Singaporeans...😁

Actually those malaysians working here, if they are PR, should have bought re-sale flat here the moment they qualified. I know one who die die rented rooms till the day he chose to give it up and retire (or 2nd career) back to malaysia. He could've saved a lot of rental, and cashed-in his re-sale HDB flat the moment he decided not to work here anymore and surrender his PR. That would be really really huat huat retirement fund based on how HDB flat re-sale prices have appreciated.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Actually those malaysians working here, if they are PR, should have bought re-sale flat here the moment they qualified. I know one who die die rented rooms till the day he chose to give it up and retire (or 2nd career) back to malaysia. He could've saved a lot of rental, and cashed-in his re-sale HDB flat the moment he decided not to work here anymore and surrender his PR. That would be really really huat huat retirement fund based on how HDB flat re-sale prices have appreciated.

A friend rented for 25 years in SG but bought a few properties in KL and Penang over the same period. Now happily retired in KL

In RM terms, he also made some money. He admitted that he should have diversified. 

• Praise 1

On 10/11/2021 at 11:37 AM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Stay in condo complaint it cost $1.5 million you know, can any how park, shout at security guards and have guests partied till 2.30 am.....  :we-all-gonna-die:

And still kao beh over $10 parking? :grin:

• Haha! 3

Best is to earn and save money in Singapore and then happily buy properties, cars and enjoy life in Malaysia.

My Malaysian friends are not converting to Sgp citizenships after many years of PRs here.

Turbocharged

to compare prices from both sides, just visit any of the valued shops here 😏

u can get similar things at 20% cheaper

well, cos even NTUC has to be profit driven nowadays

• Praise 1

On 10/11/2021 at 3:59 PM, Beregond said:

my parents give me $50/ week during poly time only. they only request i min pass and get my cert.

If i give my kids 500sgd/week and they only give me a 50/100 just pass only 

i will give them same same 50sgd/week also as what i receive.  because that is what they deserve. 😁

Wow, you good leh. I work to pay my school fees. Usually borrow from my buddy's elder brother then pay back during the school holidays work as weekend work is for my expenses. My parents have never know what I study.

• Haha! 1

On 10/11/2021 at 4:17 PM, mersaylee said:

Had a very knowledgeable Malaysian colleague when I just started out working in the industry...learned quite a bit despite a short period of less than 3 months he was there...he'd only eat the $2 fried rice every meal in the canteen...I  asked him was it becos he found it very tasty...he said that's the only thing he could afford on a regular basis becos one big chunk of his salary went to his rental for a bed in a room where he shared with 3 others...returned to Malaysia shortly after...

2010, all my MY colleagues live in JB and goes back daily. They cannot do much OT and cannot even stand out in the work leh. I donno what happens to those guys anymore. No more contact, cos once they reach out to you, they asking you for jobs only

• Praise 2

I wonder how much of your money goes to what this guy has shared? 60% then if you need a roof over your head, you just got to live 365 days a year like every other day to survive. 

On 10/11/2021 at 11:05 AM, steveluv said:

Still complaining about PAP and living in Singapore? Better go Malaysia? 😂😂

On 10/11/2021 at 2:47 PM, mersaylee said:

Some of my younger boh tak chek cousins...started out as blue collar......stayed in rented room in jb... worked hard here...motor in and out everyday...got promoted still did the same till one day decided to rent a room here...continued to work hard...saved enough to buy a house in jb but still stayed in the rented room here...only bought a resale after settling down here while he bought more "eat wind houses" in bolehland...other cousins also have a few properties in various cities...

haizz...T2 would say sad life for Singaporeans...😁

confirm sad life for Singaporeans.

we got no eject button.

malaysians work here earn sgd , buy house build homes in malaysia, after that they press eject button go back and retire.

can we? 

No, we cannot, we got no eject button.  We gotta to swallow the high cost of every shit thing that is left here in little red dot.

why do they think that Sinkies are always complaining.   We better wake up and build a better country for ourselves.  Dont chase the wrong things

😩🥺😔

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/youth-tiktok-backflip-stunt-rhino-enclosure-charged-consuming-cannabis-while-out-bail?cid=emarsys-today_TODAY's new morning briefing for Oct 14, 2021 (ACTIVE)_newsletter_14102021_today

this is the kind of youngsters we breed ?  Repeated offences of such nature , better go straight to jail and reform since the outside world is not good enough..

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

confirm sad life for Singaporeans.

we got no eject button.

malaysians work here earn sgd , buy house build homes in malaysia, after that they press eject button go back and retire.

can we? 

No, we cannot, we got no eject button.  We gotta to swallow the high cost of every shit thing that is left here in little red dot.

why do they think that Sinkies are always complaining.   We better wake up and build a better country for ourselves.  Dont chase the wrong things

😩🥺😔

I thought you said Singapore is the best. No need ejection button.

Edited by inlinesix

12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I thought you said Singapore is the best. No need ejection button.

Nope, never said that in that context.

I said i can use Singapore as base, travel every month as i wish and come back as i wish.   But thats becos i can.  Can the average guy?  
To be able to financially do that is already my own “eject” button

• Praise 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:38 PM, Albeniz said:

Best is to earn and save money in Singapore and then happily buy properties, cars and enjoy life in Malaysia.

My Malaysian friends are not converting to Sgp citizenships after many years of PRs here.

I can agree with you on earning money and converting to ringgit to spend over there but to buy property is something I am puzzled. You want to lock up your money in JB and see it depreciate not only on the asset but ringgit? Moreover, instead of enjoying your hard earned income, you throw it away? 

i dislike Sillyporeans telling us if unhappy abt living conditions, can pack our bags and leave the country, i'd give him a piece of my mind really, since when nobody make noise on our RED DoT policies and MRT breakdown, and electricity bills increasing etc ??

If we don't, Our G 'd perceive that we accept the increases & such, that would be abnormal, i won't care if my friend is for the G or against them. We are democratic society and we deserve answer and we deserve more than respect living here as A Citizen.

Edited by Meanmachine
  • Haha! 1

@Arogab by reading your post reveals fewQs, many malaysian bros and sisters are chasing Singapore's dream pay check, they had come from afar like Sabah and Sarawak, since thy really ' chiong ' and hardworking fellow.

yes thy often save on foods for lunches and cooked diner at home , say a decent meal of bf and lunch can be $3.00 and $4.00 lunch plus $3.00 coffee break. Total $10.00 per day can do wonder for them, some even skip meals & rushing hope after 5/6pm.

It can be quite a saving if one work for 5 yrs, excluding CPF contributions and medi-safe, We welcome malaysians here coz as our neighbouring country looking for job more than 5/6 decades ago... it helps them on their living cost / expenses.

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/international-school-teacher-fined-swearing-police-officers-while-drunk-outside-jurong?cid=Webmobile_readnext_internal_09032021_tdy

other people want to come and live in Singapore leh.

want to be teacher, please act like teacher, dont get drunk in public and be a bloody nuisance.

its a hardship posting.. he cant drink and swear like back home and get off easy.. we have a dictatorship regime they say...🤣

↡ Advertisement