Storytime: Hit-and-run edition

unicornfloof

So I wrote a post about this hit-and-run incident recently, and it got me thinking about how other drivers would handle a hit-and-run situation.

Of course, I have never gotten into a hit-and-run before as a driver (and I don't intend to for a long long time) but I do have an iconic experience that I would never forget.

Note: This happened when I was in secondary school.

My dad was driving me home from school one day (I was in the passenger seat) when we stopped at a junction along Bukit Timah Road (because it was a red light). All of a sudden, we were rear-ended by a rental car and the impact was strong enough that I jerked forward in my seat.

giphy.gif

Anyways, the junction was near a petrol station so my dad signalled for the guy to stop ahead to settle the damages and everything. We thought things would go smoothly bUT IT DIDN'T BECAUSE THE GUY IMMEDIATELY SWITCHED LANES AND DROVE OFF. 😠

I don't remember exactly what had happened afterwards but I do remember sitting at the side of the petrol station and waiting for a tow truck to come and bring my dad's car to the repair shop. 

giphy.gif

At the end of the day, my dad had to pay off a large repair fee since the back was mostly smooshed in but I never got to know if we caught the guy or not (or if he even got to make an insurance claim for this incident). Nevertheless, it was pretty memorable for me. 

Do you have an iconic hit-and-run story? I would love to hear it! ☺️

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator

At today's era, I think most of the car already comes with a dashcam, like most of us alrd vaccinated. 😂 So this scenario of hit and run in today context is asking for a heavier penalty.

Throughout so many years of driving, most of the time, I am the one making mistake one. 🤣

But i never run lah. Guilty liao, cannot run le. hahaha. Just face the music, pay for the repair and move on with life.

I still want my peaceful sleep at night one.

• Praise 3

8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

At today's era, I think most of the car already comes with a dashcam, like most of us alrd vaccinated. 😂 So this scenario of hit and run in today context is asking for a heavier penalty.

Throughout so many years of driving, most of the time, I am the one making mistake one. 🤣

But i never run lah. Guilty liao, cannot run le. hahaha. Just face the music, pay for the repair and move on with life.

Ahhh…I see why le…you rather pay the price to bang and sleep well at night than to bang then have to pay the price every night…😁

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Ahhh…I see why le…you rather pay the price to bang and sleep well at night than to bang then have to pay the price every night…😁

well-said. 😁 With you all around, I have no reputation one. 🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Just now, kobayashiGT said:

well-said. 😁 With you all around, I have no reputation one. 🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

That's hit and run for you...one hit one run...平平安安😁

• Haha! 1

It is unusual recent hit & runs are luxury cars. That includes the Porsche Macan.

Running away could only mean they are guilty of smth like drink driving or high on drugs.

Internal Moderator
17 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

It is unusual recent hit & runs are luxury cars. That includes the Porsche Macan.

Running away could only mean they are guilty of smth like drink driving or high on drugs.

what a chase. 😂

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

what a chase. 😂

He could have privately settle for a few hundred dollars. Hit & run will involve lawyer, now involve police investigation. Crazy to run.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

If guilty but still managed to run away, can also have peaceful sleep at night.image.png.3ce256d869f4476cfb11602afd715e82.pngimage.png.9d0e62f8600a78fe887fce9d65a7391c.png

• Haha! 1

16 hours ago, Watwheels said:

He could have privately settle for a few hundred dollars. Hit & run will involve lawyer, now involve police investigation. Crazy to run.

some maybe drunk (2nd time) or got drugs, then to them is got run, got chance. If no run, then bye bye already lor...

↡ Advertisement