Help choose SUV tyres!

Butterss

52 minutes ago, Butterss said:

This tyre is ok but with my vouchers expiring within next few months and my tyres have clocked 20k+ km mileage, I was thinking to change them.

20k is so low mileage do the tyres even need to be replaced? 

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

When I first use Alenza it is very noisy. Back then these are stock tires that came with the car. I tried to vary the tire pressure but still noisy.

I ask my tire supplier he said have to wait for it to "run in"  then it will quiet down. I was like why tire need to run in. Shouldnt new tires be quiet to run? True enough after a while of using the tires quiet down.

Then I should probably go with Yokohama RV02...

1 hour ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I find it ironic that some ADs don't carry or stock-up the exact brand and model of tyres that are factory-fitted to their vehicles, 

If let say my vehicle is involved in an accident and sent to AD workshop for repairs, and a tyre needs to be replaced. Then the AD workshop will have to replace at least both tyres on that axle with another brand and model.

That's my first question to AD when I heard that they don't bring in the stock tyres.

But then again, it seems like it's quite common? For my previous Toyota car that came with stock Good Year (made in Japan) tyres, Borneo Motors told me they don't bring that in too.

• Praise 1

32 minutes ago, shawn207 said:

20k is so low mileage do the tyres even need to be replaced? 

Actually no need but my vouchers are going to expire in 6 months time so I thought I should do some research now.

AD could be expensive as they usually supply OE spec tire. 

For BMW, they had a Star mark on the sidewall of the factory tires. And for Mercedes, there's a MO mark. Usually most premium makers had such a mark on the sidewall to denote OE spec tires. Usually on OE spec tires the QC are better, and rubber compounds are different. 

In short, Alenza you buy from outside, is different from Alenza from factory with OE mark on the sidewall of tires. 

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, Butterss said:

Actually no need but my vouchers are going to expire in 6 months time so I thought I should do some research now.

I think the vouchers can also be used to buy servicing package.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Hmmm. Is the Stock Alenza 001? Could it be Alenza Sport?

https://thetirelab.com/bridgestone-alenza-sport-all-season/

Cause my understanding is that the Alenza 001 is a replacement tyre for car owners looking for an upgrade from the stock tyre.

but the reasoning is lame lah. You buy new tyre, the tyre experience is instant one. Just the grip need to run in. cause usually the rubber have a layer of protection that will make it slippery. That's to prolong the shelf life of uninstalled tyres.

Saw in Bridgestone SG website that the Alenza model in Singapore is Alenza 001.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Saw in Bridgestone SG website that the Alenza model in Singapore is Alenza 001.

yeah. it is 001.

I am a Bridgestone fan. So I more bias when come to recommendation for tyres. But there is also a reason why I am biased, because they are good! 

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

yeah. it is 001.

I am a Bridgestone fan. So I more bias when come to recommendation for tyres. But there is also a reason why I am biased, because they are good! 

Which Bridgestone tyre models have you used?

5 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I am currently on RE004. Previously on S007.

Hearsay best is the T brand leh 😬😬😬

SG to JB...some say Batam Bali too 🤪🤪🤪

So many car stick their decals on windows 😜😜😜

• Haha! 5

40 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

Hearsay best is the T brand leh 😬😬😬

SG to JB...some say Batam Bali too 🤪🤪🤪

So many car stick their decals on windows 😜😜😜

Haizzz...So many cars to siam far far nowadays 😁

• Haha! 3

8 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I think the vouchers can also be used to buy servicing package.

Yes, it can be used to offset servicing but my car comes with free 5 years servicing including parts and labour.

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

The first sentence I read, summer touring tyre, I sian half already. 

Better to spend more on white fat man

What does summer touring tyre means?

2 hours ago, Butterss said:

Yes, it can be used to offset servicing but my car comes with free 5 years servicing including parts and labour.

I urge you to check with the SA on this. Same thing was told by the sales, free servicing at zero cost for 5 yrs . 

Until you need to change brake pad and disc rotor, or any wear and tear parts.