Man in India using snakes to kill wife

Fitvip

From CNA.

image.png.f50bd20d04cfebf15f462c17f3f4c36c.png

A cobra moves inside its enclosure at a snake farm. (Photo: AFP/Tony Karumba)

Man in India gets life sentence for using snakes to kill wife

New Delhi: An Indian man who used a cobra and a viper to murder his wife was sentenced to life in jail on Wednesday (Oct 13) in what prosecutors called the "rarest of rare" cases.

Sooraj Kumar set loose a highly venomous Russell's viper snake on his wife Uthra that left her in hospital for almost two months, prosecutors said.

While she recovered at her parents' house, the 28-year-old husband obtained a cobra from a snake handler and threw it at his sleeping wife.

Its poisonous bite killed the 25-year-old woman.

Sooraj pleaded not guilty but police said his phone records showed he was in touch with snake handlers and had watched snake videos on the internet before the killing in March last year in Kollam in the southern state of Kerala.

Sooraj stayed in the room with Uthra after the cobra bit her and went about his morning routine the next day when alerted by the woman's mother, said prosecutors.

"The mode of execution and the diabolic plan of the accused to murder Uthra, his wife who was bedridden, makes it (the case) fall into the category of rarest of rare," said the public prosecutor, who had sought the death penalty.

Snake handler Vava Suresh said it was possible that Sooraj had "inflicted pain on the reptile to provoke it to bite", the Hindustan Times newspaper quoted him as saying.

Uthra was from an affluent family but her husband, a bank worker, was not well off.

The dead woman's parents became suspicious after Sooraj tried to take control of her property after the death.

Their marriage involved a big dowry including a new car and 500,000 rupees (about US$20,000).

According to media reports, Sooraj's family was charged with conspiracy after some of Uthra's gold was found buried near Sooraj's home days after the murder.

Edited by Fitvip
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 3

yes i have a handicap snake. it has no eye. i use it every time it looks alive to assault my wife. the poor thing spits venom until it goes limp. but my wife is not dead... she giggles every time i bring the snake. maybe this snake not fierce looking. 🤨

Spoiler

atretochoana-eiselti.jpg

Edited by Nolicense
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 9

India's arranged marriages bring about so many tragedies. 

The poor woman suffer 2 months in the hospital before dying. The guy did it for what...money. A country filled with rapists, scammers and monsters.

If I get a new car and US$20K just for marrying her I hold on to her and dont want to let go. 

Edited by Watwheels
  • Haha! 1

Very evil husband, and should be severely punished!

"Their marriage involved a big dowry including a new car and 500,000 rupees (about US$20,000)."

Since this is a car forum, I am going to ask a car-related question.

What is the brand and model of that new car?

• Haha! 7

15 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

India's arranged marriages bring about so many tragedies. 

The poor woman suffer 2 months in the hospital before dying. The guy did it for what...money. A country filled with rapists, scammers and monsters.

If I get a new car and US$20K just for marrying her I hold on to her and dont want to let go. 

That's why he probably wanted to do it all over again for another 20K and another new car.  by getting rid of the first wife.

• Praise 3

20 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

That's why he probably wanted to do it all over again for another 20K and another new car.  by getting rid of the first wife.

Idea abit chui. Obviously not sustainable. Cant even get past the first wife.

• Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Very evil husband, and should be severely punished!

"Their marriage involved a big dowry including a new car and 500,000 rupees (about US$20,000)."

Since this is a car forum, I am going to ask a car-related question.

What is the brand and model of that new car?

Chiong red light ah!!! 😁

847434-49807-dryyvpursn-1484981708.jpg

this is a lesson on persistence and not giving up

when u fail the first time, try again 😀

on a serious note, RIP to the wife 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Fitvip said:

From CNA.

image.png.f50bd20d04cfebf15f462c17f3f4c36c.png

A cobra moves inside its enclosure at a snake farm. (Photo: AFP/Tony Karumba)

Man in India gets life sentence for using snakes to kill wife

New Delhi: An Indian man who used a cobra and a viper to murder his wife was sentenced to life in jail on Wednesday (Oct 13) in what prosecutors called the "rarest of rare" cases.

Sooraj Kumar set loose a highly venomous Russell's viper snake on his wife Uthra that left her in hospital for almost two months, prosecutors said.

While she recovered at her parents' house, the 28-year-old husband obtained a cobra from a snake handler and threw it at his sleeping wife.

Its poisonous bite killed the 25-year-old woman.

Sooraj pleaded not guilty but police said his phone records showed he was in touch with snake handlers and had watched snake videos on the internet before the killing in March last year in Kollam in the southern state of Kerala.

Sooraj stayed in the room with Uthra after the cobra bit her and went about his morning routine the next day when alerted by the woman's mother, said prosecutors.

"The mode of execution and the diabolic plan of the accused to murder Uthra, his wife who was bedridden, makes it (the case) fall into the category of rarest of rare," said the public prosecutor, who had sought the death penalty.

Snake handler Vava Suresh said it was possible that Sooraj had "inflicted pain on the reptile to provoke it to bite", the Hindustan Times newspaper quoted him as saying.

Uthra was from an affluent family but her husband, a bank worker, was not well off.

The dead woman's parents became suspicious after Sooraj tried to take control of her property after the death.

Their marriage involved a big dowry including a new car and 500,000 rupees (about US$20,000).

According to media reports, Sooraj's family was charged with conspiracy after some of Uthra's gold was found buried near Sooraj's home days after the murder.

Thank You for the valuable info !^_^

2 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

What is the purpose of slapping a cobra snake's head? Taming the cobra?[rolleyes]:D

Wake up his idea on whose the boss

if not wait abnn catch and sell :grin:

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

18 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

What is the purpose of slapping a cobra snake's head? Taming the cobra?[rolleyes]:D

To prove that 蛇形刁手 no match for 如来神掌 😁

• Haha! 4