Consignment car dealers 2021

Davidklt

Do you guys find any value in using their services?

On the occasions I was selling my car, I got a lot of "spam" SMS from them offering to sell on consignment for me.

↡ Advertisement

9 hours ago, Davidklt said:

On the occasions I was selling my car, I got a lot of "spam" SMS from them offering to sell on consignment for me.

Use them if you don't have the time to do it yourself. Just go with 1 (best with good reviews or referrals). Got mine sold this way without any problems.

However must set the rules outright on everything first - viewing, hand over date, FEEs (most important) etc.

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Soya said:

2 words: Waste time

If you had a bad experience I think it's beneficial for all here if you perhaps mention why it's a waste of time, what happened, what went wrong, etc. Because I do have friends in the consignment business who are doing quite a good job in helping customers to sell and buy cars. It's a targeted pool of customers that the consignment business model caters to. 

I don't have experience dealing with car consignment dealers for my car purchase, but I did use a consignment dealer to sell off my Ducati 899 Panigale. The experience wasn't the best because there was quite a bit of price negotiating etc but the Ducati was a tough bike to sell and they did eventually helped me to offload it without the hassle of dealing with viewers directly. 

Traditionally Ducati has a niche market and the shop that I consigned my bike to had the ideal demographic of customers looking out for Ducs/conti bikes.

• Praise 3

No need la. If one thinks consignment is great, go for it lor. Choice is theirs. Dunno abt selling motorbike but for me, I tried selling car twice thru consignment n wouldn't waste time for the 3rd time. Advertising on Sgcarmart or selling thru Quotz more effective without a no value add middleman. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Soya said:

No need la. If one thinks consignment is great, go for it lor. Choice is theirs. Dunno abt selling motorbike but for me, I tried selling car twice thru consignment n wouldn't waste time for the 3rd time. Advertising on Sgcarmart or selling thru Quotz more effective without a no value add middleman. 

Because u sell through consignment your pool of buyers become very limited

- buyers want to pay full cash

-buyers want to take own insurance

- buyers want to take shorter loan or less amt

and all these buyers wont buy consignment because agent force them to take long and high loan plus in insurance

• Praise 6

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Soya said:

Advertising on Sgcarmart or selling thru Quotz more effective without a no value add middleman. 

Good enough. I accept this! Hahahahaha.

• Haha! 2

Just now, Thaiyotakamli said:

and all these buyers wont buy consignment because agent force them to take long and high loan plus in insurance

Bingo! Plus slap on 'admin fee'. Maciam buying from any used car dealer but without any lemon law protection. Dunno how that makes buying from a 'private seller' attractive....

But hey, if one still think it's a great idea, go for it!

• Praise 3

I have owned probably more cars and bikes than the average guy.

no problem in selling them myself.

nowadays online transfer even easier.

last time need to meet and queue up at LTA…..dang

• Praise 3

Tried once...zero simi sai bola sepak fee, kopi fee, giam chai char roti...

Then, dealer said his boss will buy the carvat my reserved price if no taker by end of one month...macam a great deal for me...

Then middleman disappeared from earth...so did the boss and company...

I paid my school fee...with my precious time 😂

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

T

22 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

These consignment agents could also use your car to add to their advertised 'inventory' and if buyer bites goes down to the car yard, they will try n sell them their own inventory which is more profitable

• Praise 4

6 minutes ago, Soya said:

T

These consignment agents could also use your car to add to their advertised 'inventory' and if buyer bites goes down to the car yard, they will try n sell them their own inventory which is more profitable

Not only that alot consignment agents act like gangster or always black face. Imagine would u buy a car if the SE is rude and not interested to sell 

• Praise 2

45 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Not only that alot consignment agents act like gangster or always black face. Imagine would u buy a car if the SE is rude and not interested to sell 

LOL....ur experience w them lagi worse than mine 

13 hours ago, Davidklt said:

no.. i submitted my details thru the consignment page in sgcarmart... immediately a lot of car dealers will call u offering their services.. but after 2 months, there was only 1 viewing.

at the end of the day i sold my car thru quotz instead... much more efficient  

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Tried once...zero simi sai bola sepak fee, kopi fee, giam chai char roti...

Then, dealer said his boss will buy the carvat my reserved price if no taker by end of one month...macam a great deal for me...

Then middleman disappeared from earth...so did the boss and company...

I paid my school fee...with my precious time 😂

LOL....yours lagi more smelly BS, offer guaranteed buy in n all sia

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Robin said:

no.. i submitted my details thru the consignment page in sgcarmart... immediately a lot of car dealers will call u offering their services.. but after 2 months, there was only 1 viewing.

at the end of the day i sold my car thru quotz instead... much more efficient  

I heard that Quotz modus operandi has it that they will request seller to rectify any issue on the car they pick up during the inspection before they put it up for sale, is that correct? 

Ok..thanks guys..

It verified my assumption they do not add much value.

They hinder in my own sales process of my car where I would like to talk more to directly to car buyers. But instead, I need to spend time to ask if they are a dealer or buyer.

Also, for some cars I have been looking at, I also feel its much easier to ask, to talk to the seller directly on car condition and price rather than thru a third party. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3