Is a mirror cover really that expensive?

unicornfloof

I'm sure by now, most of you would have read my article on the Audi driver jamming up the SLE just to retrieve his mirror cover (and if you haven't, do check it out :D). And honestly, I just can't wrap my head around the fact that the driver actually would rather risk his life and the life of others for a measly mirror cover.

giphy.gif

So I googled the cost of mirror covers for an Audi A3, and it averages around $30-$50 on most online stores. Given the costs required to fix it back onto your car, I would estimate that getting a new mirror cover would cost around $150-ish? 

Unless there's something I'm missing out on, I seriously doubt that $150 is too expensive for an Audi A3 owner to pay for a new mirror cover. So what are your thoughts on this incident? Is buying a new mirror cover more expensive than my estimates or is this driver just a cheapo? 

Also, as a new driver, if this were to ever happen to me, what am I supposed to do? 😮 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Not as expensive as the flying wing mirror cover hitting a motorcyclist, causing him/her to be injured/react adversely, leading to an accident or a chain collision because the driver behind didnt react in time for whatever reasons.

Perhaps TP should be made known to the video to let the Audi driver know that the fine or implications arising from his actions, is more costly and expensive then the wing mirror cover (which could jolly well be an after market add on which is not even securely mounted).

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, mikk123 said:

you can't wrap your head around it? haha...normal lah.... a lot of people don't know how other's  life in Singapore one. Two different world lah. 

You must be living in a better world and have 2 or 3 cars in the front yard? No worries, family's big mah, must buy one for Husband, one for wife and one for father in law lah. 😁

You probably don't need to worry about car loan....and to pay off the car loan, you don't have to cut back on other expenses like food. 

Our dear Audi rider is drinking tap water and eat maggie every night to keep his Audi😁 

HAHAHAHA 🙂 It's true that I don't have to worry about food or shelter over my head but I do understand what it's like to be paying off a huge loan (I have a big study loan haiz) 😂 Even so, I don't think retrieving a broken mirror cover will do much good, especially if it's already broken off right? Unless you can just pop it right back like that?

4 hours ago, Ahtea said:

Not as expensive as the flying wing mirror cover hitting a motorcyclist, causing him/her to be injured/react adversely, leading to an accident or a chain collision because the driver behind didnt react in time for whatever reasons.

Perhaps TP should be made known to the video to let the Audi driver know that the fine or implications arising from his actions, is more costly and expensive then the wing mirror cover (which could jolly well be an after market add on which is not even securely mounted).

I'm sure the TP has been alerted with this video! 

Actually do you see TP on the road? Chances are you will hardly see them around until after accident or got incident happen then they will appear. In the mean time, Business as usual on our free for all driving on the highways breaking all sorts of rules, who cares when nobody enforces the law. 😏