Dunlop SP Sport FM800

Eric79

Internal Moderator

med-fm800.png

A next generation pattern incorporating the latest in design and technology to provide a tyre with all-round performance improvements

• 4 wide, longitudinal grooves and deep lateral grooves for remarkable wet weather handling, braking and hydroplaning resistance
  • New profile design to reduce deformation stress and hence energy consumption for improved rolling resistance leading to better fuel efficiency and safety due to increased traction and braking response
  • New compound with silica loading increases wet grip
  • Integrated profile bars on outer shoulder ensures even tread wear for longer tyre life and a quieter ride
  • High rigidity outer shoulders enhance stability and all-round handling

https://www.mycarforum.com/marketplace/info-163260/

image.png.42b6f180e49458ece01445206cd11327.png

225/45/17 for $110, it is quite a value for money tyres. I would like to know how this tyres fared too.

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

med-fm800.png

A next generation pattern incorporating the latest in design and technology to provide a tyre with all-round performance improvements

• 4 wide, longitudinal grooves and deep lateral grooves for remarkable wet weather handling, braking and hydroplaning resistance
  • New profile design to reduce deformation stress and hence energy consumption for improved rolling resistance leading to better fuel efficiency and safety due to increased traction and braking response
  • New compound with silica loading increases wet grip
  • Integrated profile bars on outer shoulder ensures even tread wear for longer tyre life and a quieter ride
  • High rigidity outer shoulders enhance stability and all-round handling

https://www.mycarforum.com/marketplace/info-163260/

image.png.42b6f180e49458ece01445206cd11327.png

225/45/17 for $110, it is quite a value for money tyres. I would like to know how this tyres fared too.

actually i would top up abit for A5.  

365 got 1 of the best price in SG. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Trusty said:

Anyone experience side pulling with sport max

If u are talking about after u install new tyres, your car keep pulling to 1 side( which mean once u let go the steering wheel your car pull to 1 side, u need to constantly hold on to the steering wheel )

u can do a simple test to see if its really tyres problem.

make sure all 4 tyres are pump same psi.

switch front tyres left >> right , test drive on the same route.

switch rear tyres left >> right , test  again 

13 minutes ago, Trusty said:

Have swop the front and it is still the same. Tyres are used for awhile but thread still quite thick

if u swop the tyres, u still experience the same pulling effect. then confirm plus chop it got nothing to do with the tyres liao. 

need alot of troubleshoot to  fix this.

u can do a alignment ( its not going to help,) but a proper alignment shop can see your front caster and camber . if those are out alot. it will cause pulling effect also. rear alignment out will also cause it. the shop need to judge if its serious. 

damage driveshaft. loose undercarriage etc etc, unbalance absorber? ......endless stuff to troubleshoot. 

Edited by Beregond

Im leaning towards the idea that it is a TA unit than parts going bad. Many issues surrounding the undercarriage is still a mystery at this point 

Installed 4pcs of Fm800 last week by 365 Automotive to replace T005A

the price at $140 per piece for 225/55/17, which is easy for the pocket.

Dry grip and noise is better than T005A and that likely may be is due to new rubber. Can only tell after 1+year or 10000 Km if the rubber still feel the same.

Wet grip supposed to be better performance than dry according to marketing information. 

Personally I like this tyre, feel premium over this Premium touring tyre and recommended.

• Praise 1

On 8/23/2022 at 3:39 AM, hairymonster said:

Installed 4pcs of Fm800 last week by 365 Automotive to replace T005A

the price at $140 per piece for 225/55/17, which is easy for the pocket.

Dry grip and noise is better than T005A and that likely may be is due to new rubber. Can only tell after 1+year or 10000 Km if the rubber still feel the same.

Wet grip supposed to be better performance than dry according to marketing information. 

Personally I like this tyre, feel premium over this Premium touring tyre and recommended.

Nice to hear this. I'm veering towards this instead of the P7 Cinturato 2, though the difference between both is only $8 per tyre. Thanks for the review.

My T005 is almost done @ 69k km. Wondering how the longevity of the FM800 is.

@shutterbox 

10 minutes ago, shutterbox said:

@coolfire77 69K!

you drive much as part of job or what?

covid times I hardly clock more than 10k over 2 years..

Nice! My Turanza T005 is at 70k now, so I reckon longevity on the Dunlops should be about the same.

Thank you!

↡ Advertisement