From Jan. 1, 2022: Max. length of 5 bicycles per cycling group on S'pore roads, S$150 fine for errant cyclists

kobayashiGT

6 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Yalor. If bicycles dont have a license plate means cannot bao toh or report and the cyclists can get away with it easily.

Its not only about video, baotoh and report.

Its all about deterrent also.  If u know u can be identified easily for breaking a law. U not going to break the law anyhow .

Edited by Beregond
↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Hmmm. what do you all think of the new rules for the cyclist?

- I think by limiting cyclists to a group of 5 is a decent size. at least it will not cause major obstruction to the road.

- they are taking action(fine) against errant cyclist which I think they are the more harmless group of cyclist. First, they don't cycle fast, some uncle is using old bike like flying pigeon to buy their grandkids breakfast only. And secondly, they are only travelling in a short distance.

- And I am glad that they never intro a licensing thing for the cyclist. There is this youtuber who have fully narrated this but his topic is about mandating to wear a helmet anot.

And then hor, who is govt agency to issue the fine ah? LTA ah? 🤣

I think the “fine” is not harsh enough. It should be confiscated / impound of the bicycle and a fine with the collection of the bicycle upon the fine paid together with the impounded fee

Repeat offender face the risk of one day jail.

else we will continue to speak of the situation like a Taiwanese drama show of 1000 episode and nothing would change for the vast part of the 998 episode 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Now the allow group of 10 cyclist? Shouldnt be group of 2? 

Now if there are  more than 5,  cycle in abreast  to occupy 1 lane to improve their visibility . Not I say one.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

i still think cyclists should only be allowed to ride abreast in roads with 3 or more lanes

for roads with 2 lanes only, the cars will all have to filter to that one lane to avoid the cyclists

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1

6 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I think the “fine” is not harsh enough. It should be confiscated / impound of the bicycle and a fine with the collection of the bicycle upon the fine paid together with the impounded fee

Why return? Just crush the bikes. Like the way they crush illegal DVDs. With a steamroller. 

I sure like to see a big piles of real/fake Canyon etc from the offenders crushed together. 

Do it once, the rest will guai guai fall in line. In group of five of course. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

image.png.6283e054ba35d8cdc73668a534dbb5bf.png

Hahaha. the enforcement officer just keep aiming this kind of super bike on the road can le. Can help nation-building liao. 🤣

• Haha! 1

OK, group of 10 cyclist at 5 x 2 abreast is the max. 

That is if it's 2 or more lanes. 

So Single lane, cyclist can only be group of 5 single line. 

Then second group must be 30m away. 

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

OK, group of 10 cyclist at 5 x 2 abreast is the max. 

That is if it's 2 or more lanes. 

So Single lane, cyclist can only be group of 5 single line. 

Then second group must be 30m away. 

How to measure the distance between groups? Agar agar…kena fine also can pay with agar agar issit? Or enforcer will use measuring tape…😅

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, mersaylee said:

How to measure the distance between groups? Agar agar…kena fine also can pay with agar agar issit? Or enforcer will use measuring tape…😅

The previous report say 30m is 1 lamp post. 

I had always thought the lamp posts were 50m apart. 😅

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

The previous report say 30m is 1 lamp post. 

I had always thought the lamp posts were 50m apart. 😅

Not all streets here have lamp post one 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

43 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Why return? Just crush the bikes. Like the way they crush illegal DVDs. With a steamroller. 

I sure like to see a big piles of real/fake Canyon etc from the offenders crushed together. 

Do it once, the rest will guai guai fall in line. In group of five of course. 

Must be baby steps .. if today we don’t crush illegal mods of cars n lorries - like the US, then we should not have aspersions to do like wise.

22 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Not all streets here have lamp post one 😂

I think all public roads in SG have lamp post but whether they are always lighted at night I can't really tell 😅

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Robin said:

i think its a good start. some may ask why 5 not 6 or 7 pax... but i guess there's no magic number 

then its also about enforcement... like drivers, TP cant be everywhere, but at least now there is something official now 

I read someone mentioning that if u dont return your tray, the fine is $300. and if u can caught breaking the cycling rule.. the fine is $150.

so to be fair, i think the fine should be relooked in order to be in line with the offence.   

https://www.mot.gov.sg/docs/default-source/news-centre/transport-news/20oct_amap_annex.pdf

"In more serious cases (e.g. where the cyclist caused harm), the cyclist may be brought to Court, where s/he may face a fine of up to $1,000 and/or a jail term of up to 3 months, if convicted for the first offence. If convicted for the second or subsequent offence, the cyclist may face a fine of up to $2,000 and/or a jail term of up to 6 months."

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Not to worry. With the new rules, some bozo leotard will soon make himself the next social media villain n self pawn like the MBS badge ah pui or the sovereign clowns 

Just get your Garrett popcorn ready. Almond caramel crisp pls

2 minutes ago, Soya said:

Not to worry. With the new rules, some bozo leotard will soon make himself the next social media villain n self pawn like the MBS badge ah pui or the sovereign clowns 

Just get your Garrett popcorn ready. Almond caramel crisp pls

I tink Netflix can do a mini series on bozo leotard in Singapore...The self pawn games...😁

• Haha! 1

Simi sai also agree with AMAP.. It was AMAP's recommendation  that cause much distress with pedestrain on the pathway with PMD, until the casualties is too high that gahment finally do away with the rules and banned them from pedestrain path..

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Must be baby steps .. if today we don’t crush illegal mods of cars n lorries - like the US, then we should not have aspersions to do like wise.

Crush them too and recycle the COE.... 

Good for the economy. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 3

Aiya,  I gave up long ago,  now I just give way to them and overtake when I can.  After that out of sight, out of mind.... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5