Car price without coe and some noobie questions

Fitz4i

Hi bros here. Some noobie question to ask about car price after the 80k coe yesterday

Sgcarmart updated skoda price to price without coe. Coincidentally I have noticed some other dealers list car prices without coe as well. May I know how does this work and wads the rationale behind this? High coe so hide the coe? Means buyer bid for own coe? Or dun want list price with coe to frighten off buyers?

Not lookin to buy a car at this crazy amount but am puzzled how this works and appreciate if you can help a noob out

Screenshot_2021-10-21-13-07-56-562_com.sgcarmart_app.thumb.jpg.bd2dac186f43fef02dc5ca1ff5395d98.jpgScreenshot_2021-10-21-13-08-05-011_com.sgcarmart_app.thumb.jpg.2be81b11dd2c41bc6a473cb41601bc8e.jpgScreenshot_2021-10-21-13-09-21-294_com.sgcarmart_app.thumb.jpg.4ce88572385a99efe21dda3e880750df.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Screenshot_2021-10-21-13-08-52-324_com.sgcarmart_app.thumb.jpg.e43b683e68266c1e8ddf904fd968fbad.jpgScreenshot_2021-10-21-13-08-59-802_com.sgcarmart_app.thumb.jpg.d9d409d20a19313b88a83b73c8c13d20.jpg

Screenshot_2021-10-21-13-10-17-685_com.sgcarmart_app.thumb.jpg.0596de092bf452dac949d07cf60b32df.jpg

And there is a skoda vrs selling for $191,900 (pi). I know this is different segment happened to chance upon it while searching skoda. It's hard to swallow how anyone would buy an accord priced at 192k when there are many other choices (u can ignore my unequal comparison of the vrs). 

4 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Put no COE..to attract your Attention.

This is the part I dun understand leh. U can't Siam the coe also. 

Price without COE is to attract noob buyers to enquire, go down ask or clickbait. Nothing to do with hiding the COE or what. Just a sales tactic. Same as shops in mall or supermarket, print the discounted price big big. Shopperholics see the big red font with low price will automatically walk into the shop and become bait liao. 

P.S. I always see FaceBook dealers' posts (e.g. Vezel for $66,888 price font big big), yet still got people comment and ask "is it with COE?" I dunno want to laugh or cry. 🤣

Edited by Wormee
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged

sales guys and office admins tired of updating the prices every two weeks

if GST fluctuates fortnightly

they will quote the prices excluding GST too

3 hours ago, Fitz4i said:

Screenshot_2021-10-21-13-08-52-324_com.sgcarmart_app.thumb.jpg.e43b683e68266c1e8ddf904fd968fbad.jpgScreenshot_2021-10-21-13-08-59-802_com.sgcarmart_app.thumb.jpg.d9d409d20a19313b88a83b73c8c13d20.jpg

Screenshot_2021-10-21-13-10-17-685_com.sgcarmart_app.thumb.jpg.0596de092bf452dac949d07cf60b32df.jpg

And there is a skoda vrs selling for $191,900 (pi). I know this is different segment happened to chance upon it while searching skoda. It's hard to swallow how anyone would buy an accord priced at 192k when there are many other choices (u can ignore my unequal comparison of the vrs). 

When the COE goes north, usually its the premium cars that will sell better. The COE becomes a majority component of the car price and branded cars cost a smaller percentage more than BnB cars of the same category. When COE is low, the BnB cars will do better.

Witness how the W124 E200 became the best selling car in SG back in 1994 when COE was above $100K!

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Fitz4i said:

Hi bros here. Some noobie question to ask about car price after the 80k coe yesterday

Sgcarmart updated skoda price to price without coe. Coincidentally I have noticed some other dealers list car prices without coe as well. May I know how does this work and wads the rationale behind this? High coe so hide the coe? Means buyer bid for own coe? Or dun want list price with coe to frighten off buyers?

Not lookin to buy a car at this crazy amount but am puzzled how this works and appreciate if you can help a noob out

Screenshot_2021-10-21-13-07-56-562_com.sgcarmart_app.thumb.jpg.bd2dac186f43fef02dc5ca1ff5395d98.jpgScreenshot_2021-10-21-13-08-05-011_com.sgcarmart_app.thumb.jpg.2be81b11dd2c41bc6a473cb41601bc8e.jpgScreenshot_2021-10-21-13-09-21-294_com.sgcarmart_app.thumb.jpg.4ce88572385a99efe21dda3e880750df.jpg

Skoda is so fast. Yesterday after results out, I checked Skoda and still show total price and today already shown without coe. 
not sure how it’s going to work

Without  COE is better. When COE is included, a car dealer will give a total package price which includes buffer for COE fluctuation ,  when COE turns out to be lower,   the  COE buffer  will become additional profit of the  dealer. Now if they sell without COE,  what they make will be from the profit of the car itself, no more profit from COE fluctuation. Any lower than expected COE price will be saving of the buyer .

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

5 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

When the COE goes north, usually its the premium cars that will sell better. The COE becomes a majority component of the car price and branded cars cost a smaller percentage more than BnB cars of the same category. When COE is low, the BnB cars will do better.

Witness how the W124 E200 became the best selling car in SG back in 1994 when COE was above $100K!

I vaguely recalled that the best selling brands were the 3 big Germans during the last COE peak

39 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Without  COE is better. When COE is included, a car dealer will give a total package price which includes buffer for COE fluctuation ,  when COE turns out to be lower,   the  COE buffer  will become additional profit of the  dealer. Now if they sell without COE,  what they make will be from the profit of the car itself, no more profit from COE fluctuation. Any lower than expected COE price will be saving of the buyer .

So meaning if car is priced without coe, Skoda will bid coe for buyer at next bidding exercise. Then buyer just top for the bidded premium?

1 hour ago, may_dream said:

Skoda is so fast. Yesterday after results out, I checked Skoda and still show total price and today already shown without coe. 
not sure how it’s going to work

Sister company Volkswagen never put without coe thou

7 hours ago, Wormee said:

Price without COE is to attract noob buyers to enquire, go down ask or clickbait. Nothing to do with hiding the COE or what. Just a sales tactic. Same as shops in mall or supermarket, print the discounted price big big. Shopperholics see the big red font with low price will automatically walk into the shop and become bait liao. 

P.S. I always see FaceBook dealers' posts (e.g. Vezel for $66,888 price font big big), yet still got people comment and ask "is it with COE?" I dunno want to laugh or cry. 🤣

How to click bait when COE alr big big 80k. Amount so big also, even if u click bait successfully to enquire,how to swallow the 80k? 😶

Faint ar

(edited)
5 hours ago, Phang said:

sales guys and office admins tired of updating the prices every two weeks

if GST fluctuates fortnightly

they will quote the prices excluding GST too

Like the super luxury brands all the way no coe 

Coe no kick

Edited by Fitz4i
  • Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Fitz4i said:

So meaning if car is priced without coe, Skoda will bid coe for buyer at next bidding exercise. Then buyer just top for the bidded premium?

It depends on the arrangement, for example:

1. Both parties agree on a max COE price, buyer pay $10k, dealer do the bidding. No refund if coe drops lower than agreed price.

2. Both parties agree on a max COE price, buyer pay $10k, dealer do the bidding. Buyer pays for actual COE price.

3. Buyer bid for own COE but in this case,  most buyers would not be able to secure  COE  because their hands are soft , they  consciously knowing that they are bidding bye bye to their own money.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

It depends on the arrangement, for example:

1. Both parties agree on a max COE price, buyer pay $10k, dealer do the bidding. No refund if coe drops lower than agreed price.

2. Both parties agree on a max COE price, buyer pay $10k, dealer do the bidding. Buyer pays for actual COE price.

3. Buyer bid for own COE but in this case,  most buyers would not be able to secure  COE  because their hands are soft , they  consciously knowing that they are bidding bye bye to their own money.

I think likely case would be choice 2. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1