Car price without coe and some noobie questions

Fitz4i

19 hours ago, Fitz4i said:

Hi bros here. Some noobie question to ask about car price after the 80k coe yesterday

Sgcarmart updated skoda price to price without coe. Coincidentally I have noticed some other dealers list car prices without coe as well. May I know how does this work and wads the rationale behind this? High coe so hide the coe? Means buyer bid for own coe? Or dun want list price with coe to frighten off buyers?

Not lookin to buy a car at this crazy amount but am puzzled how this works and appreciate if you can help a noob out

Screenshot_2021-10-21-13-07-56-562_com.sgcarmart_app.thumb.jpg.bd2dac186f43fef02dc5ca1ff5395d98.jpgScreenshot_2021-10-21-13-08-05-011_com.sgcarmart_app.thumb.jpg.2be81b11dd2c41bc6a473cb41601bc8e.jpgScreenshot_2021-10-21-13-09-21-294_com.sgcarmart_app.thumb.jpg.4ce88572385a99efe21dda3e880750df.jpg

I think if they advertise without COE, they would welcome you to bid for own if you like. Also to be “transparent” with buyers who might be interested in their cars about the actual car price and telling you they don’t want to profit by over buffering for COE.

↡ Advertisement

10 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

It depends on the arrangement, for example:

1. Both parties agree on a max COE price, buyer pay $10k, dealer do the bidding. No refund if coe drops lower than agreed price.

2. Both parties agree on a max COE price, buyer pay $10k, dealer do the bidding. Buyer pays for actual COE price.

3. Buyer bid for own COE but in this case,  most buyers would not be able to secure  COE  because their hands are soft , they  consciously knowing that they are bidding bye bye to their own money.

True that bro. I remembered one of the car I bought from a PI was under no.2 agreement. But the good thing is that the PI checked with me at 3:50pm and asked if I am willing to bust my reserved COE price by a bit. I gave the green light and got it. 

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 1

36 minutes ago, Wormee said:

True that bro. I remembered one of the car I bought from a PI was under no.2 agreement. But the good thing is that the PI checked with me at 3:50pm and asked if I am willing to bust my reserved COE price by a bit. I gave the green light and got it. 

you made a good move by buying from a PI  that allowed you to do that. Almost all the ADs wont do that, they will name a price with COE buffer, end up the buffer will go to their profit. I hope Tesla's practice could change the industry practice of the mainstream dealers moving forward.  Not that it will benefit me , i have not bought a new car since 2006 😂

16 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

When the COE goes north, usually its the premium cars that will sell better. The COE becomes a majority component of the car price and branded cars cost a smaller percentage more than BnB cars of the same category. When COE is low, the BnB cars will do better.

Witness how the W124 E200 became the best selling car in SG back in 1994 when COE was above $100K!

About 10years back when coe was high. We got toyota avanza and Honda mobilio. Wonder if we will see such cars coming back soon. 

they follow tesla - quote without coe.  buyer should decide the coe and not dealers.  better if an the coe can switch/replace car  - not need to bid for coe again.

↡ Advertisement