He did it before, and he'll do it again (Mahathir)

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

mahathir-facebook.png.70e662fdbc82ab7efeed1aaf8a5d7837.png

He did it before, and he WILL do it again! Mahathir strikes again! Mahathir on his decision to withdraw his appeal on the ownership of Pedra Branca after the International Court of Justice granted Singapore sovereignty over the island in 2008. He then decided to talk about well, water cost again lol. 😂

Go to mothership to read the full information. As Mothership rightfully puts it on their Facebook caption, "Just Mahathir being Mahathir." I'll highlight his key comments about Singapore below.

Singapore has become "a foreign country"

Mahathir also commented further on Singapore in his lengthy Facebook post.

He said that Malaysia has a "liberal policy" on land ownership, which makes it vulnerable to losing its rights over lands owned by foreigners.

"If foreigners own a large part of the land, then the country, physically, is not owned by the citizens," he wrote.

"That's what happened to Singapore."

He added that Singapore was a Malay land, but today, it has apparently become a "foreign country".

Malaysia "sold" parts of the country to Singapore

Another point that Mahathir raised in the post was that one of the ways to lose a country is to sell its sand or water to others.

"If the sand that was sold off to other countries was used for their reclamation and expansion, then it's the same as selling off parts of our country to others," he wrote.

"We sold Singapore," he said, referring to the two countries' past history. He also said the land and water sold to Singapore made the island bigger, and it is now owned by Singaporeans, developed under the Singapore government.

"This is the reason why Malaysia prohibits the selling of our land, and disputed the selling of water to other nations."

Unfortunately, he said, "some administrations of the Malaysian government" are willing to sell raw water for three cents per 1,000 gallons to foreign countries "because they are lazy or scared to demand their rights".

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 9

15 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

mahathir-facebook.png.70e662fdbc82ab7efeed1aaf8a5d7837.png

He did it before, and he WILL do it again! Mahathir strikes again! Mahathir on his decision to withdraw his appeal on the ownership of Pedra Branca after the International Court of Justice granted Singapore sovereignty over the island in 2008. He then decided to talk about well, water cost again lol. 😂

Go to mothership to read the full information. As Mothership rightfully puts it on their Facebook caption, "Just Mahathir being Mahathir." I'll highlight his key comments about Singapore below.

Singapore has become "a foreign country"

Mahathir also commented further on Singapore in his lengthy Facebook post.

He said that Malaysia has a "liberal policy" on land ownership, which makes it vulnerable to losing its rights over lands owned by foreigners.

"If foreigners own a large part of the land, then the country, physically, is not owned by the citizens," he wrote.

"That's what happened to Singapore."

He added that Singapore was a Malay land, but today, it has apparently become a "foreign country".

Malaysia "sold" parts of the country to Singapore

Another point that Mahathir raised in the post was that one of the ways to lose a country is to sell its sand or water to others.

"If the sand that was sold off to other countries was used for their reclamation and expansion, then it's the same as selling off parts of our country to others," he wrote.

"We sold Singapore," he said, referring to the two countries' past history. He also said the land and water sold to Singapore made the island bigger, and it is now owned by Singaporeans, developed under the Singapore government.

"This is the reason why Malaysia prohibits the selling of our land, and disputed the selling of water to other nations."

Unfortunately, he said, "some administrations of the Malaysian government" are willing to sell raw water for three cents per 1,000 gallons to foreign countries "because they are lazy or scared to demand their rights".

Thanks for the effort to highlight the article. gotta love his leaps in logic.

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Watwheels said:

DrM has changed his job. He is a comedian now. He looks the part.😂

I'm surprised though, at his age he still have the strength to update his social media pages. Who is handling it for him? Obviously, he's not doing the typing himself haha.

• Haha! 6

2 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

I'm surprised though, at his age he still have the strength to update his social media pages. Who is handling it for him? Obviously, he's not doing the typing himself haha.

He is so free to come up with so many jokes I think he update it himself. LoL...

• Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

He is so free to come up with so many jokes I think he update it himself. LoL...

Especially these parts... I needed a double take...from a horse mouth no less 😂

-------

The nonagenarian said on his Facebook that "a dignified nation must uphold its promise. Only a nation with no dignity will break promises"

-------

"What is final is final. If a nation does not uphold its promises, no country would want to make agreements with that nation. It would be a pariah state," he added.

• Haha! 2

When you are old and nobody takes notice of you, you tends to create nuisances lah. Actually he can go down history for being Malaysia longest PM, now he will be remembered for the wrong things. Maybe as prata king? So sad for him, his wife couldn't keep him busy har?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

-------

The nonagenarian said on his Facebook that "a dignified nation must uphold its promise. Only a nation with no dignity will break promises"

-------

"What is final is final. If a nation does not uphold its promises, no country would want to make agreements with that nation. It would be a pariah state," he added.

All along he buay song with sgp wan. What he said about sgp is expected.

7 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

-------

-------

talking about malaysia is it?

6 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

All along he buay song with sgp wan. What he said about sgp is expected.

he is 1 person i will be happy and sad when he goes. happy is obvious. sad is because no more jokes.

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

he is 1 person i will be happy and sad when he goes. happy is obvious. sad is because no more jokes.

this guy will be a thorn between sg and my till the day he say byebye

4 minutes ago, Beregond said:

he need to check his history,

malaysia is the 1 that kick singapore out in the first place,

arigatou. thank you😁

i recall some made up second brother of the johor sultan signed to "rent" singapore to the VOC. and the rest is history 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

this guy will be a thorn between sg and my till the day he say byebye

dont forget his sons. anyway others will recognise how successful his strategy to use sgp as whipping boy. sure adopt it to get elected. there will be others

Edited by Nolicense
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Scare what Jib-kor now in Singapore hor. he is the economic adviser minister right? He will make our relationship better again! 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 8