Fitnessbuff

“Need” to travel got many choices aside from a Sienta:

- walk or jog 

- bicycle or ebike 

- motorbike 

- bus

- MRT

- PHV

When did a private vehicle become a need, unless you added your own wants into the mix? And if the delta of ~$2,000 prevents your car ownership plans then save up or work harder.

Sorry but hard truths.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Fitnessbuff said:

2nd hand car dealer always increases their price after COE released.

Example Sienta standard increase from $8k plus yearly to $9200 then best, after COE release become $9800 up. 

Now at this type of situation, some of us need vehicle for work purpose to earn a living and they do such things. 

Dont you think it is despicable and inhumane of them. 

Nothing new. 

Ignore some of the silly comments. 

Like some said try those near end coe ride. Alternatively do your sum see whether leasing able to get you a ride. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Some people say there is 

no such thing as a stupid question.

:D

Oh yes there is! 

Gib chant lah. 

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
34 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Everytime COE gets to this level, we get many such kpkb posts, another $10k more and we will be reading many "innovative" schemes and or proposed improvement to the no longer working for me system in ST's forum.  

Why people never learn, we are not 神, don't wait to catch the bottom or maybe car is like house, the more expensive and higher the taxes (COE is a bloody tax), the more people cheong to buy.

We have many kpkb threads on covid and government so I think a kpkb thread for COE is justifiable. This is a car forum afterall. I rather read kpkb car threads than kpkb covid threads which is spreading like a disease to all threads. 😎

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 9

Internal Moderator
4 hours ago, Fitnessbuff said:

2nd hand car dealer always increases their price after COE released.

Example Sienta standard increase from $8k plus yearly to $9200 then best, after COE release become $9800 up. 

Now at this type of situation, some of us need vehicle for work purpose to earn a living and they do such things. 

Dont you think it is despicable and inhumane of them. 

This is to be expected after all. My colleague just placed a deposit for a Cerato from a dealer after panicking because many of the used cars listed on sgCarMart have increased by a few thousand dollars. That Cerato happened to be one of the few yet to increase in price. So one can either buy now, or buy at an even higher price later on. 

• Praise 5

6 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

We have many kpkb threads on covid and government so I think a kpkb thread for COE is justifiable. This is a car forum afterall. I rather read kpkb car threads than kpkb covid threads which is spreading like a disease to all threads. 😎

Yes, the Covid thread has turned toxic. I have avoided the main thread for a while, don't need so much negativity in my life. 

• Praise 4

15 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Yes, the Covid thread has turned toxic. I have avoided the main thread for a while, don't need so much negativity in my life. 

Heng I never go read :D

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Young people these days

got good education, got access to internet and all the news channels in the world,

got expensive tuition, got opportunity to travel and see different countries

and still don't know how to think

and ask questions like this!

Is it the parents or the teachers that failed them?

Aiyah James, even if coe drop and car price drop TS will still have reasons to find it expensive to buy one lah..

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Young people these days

got good education, got access to internet and all the news channels in the world,

got expensive tuition, got opportunity to travel and see different countries

and still don't know how to think

and ask questions like this!

Is it the parents or the teachers that failed them?

Parents la. Only taught them to KPKB. 🤣

• Haha! 4

Cannot afford either give up or get a COE car lor kpkb the price won’t come down. They already say will last till 2025. 2011-2015 not many cars register. Less cars scrap = less COE. My 2014 Jazz COE was 63K, 2018 A class 38k. 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

dun like that lah, people have freedom to complain

i also always complain of expensive COEs, petrol, parking, electricity, but during kopi talk with friends

🤣

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
34 minutes ago, Scion said:

dun like that lah, people have freedom to complain

i also always complain of expensive COEs, petrol, parking, electricity, but during kopi talk with friends

🤣

80k COE, you have every right to complain. If one is happily paying for 80K COE, then there's something very wrong up there (in one's head). Lol.

23 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

80k COE, you have every right to complain. If one is happily paying for 80K COE, then there's something very wrong up there (in one's head). Lol.

Errrr many are still buying ley. Bidding always more than quota. If one parts with their money to buy a car, I assume it’s a happy event? Haha. 

49 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Errrr many are still buying ley. Bidding always more than quota. If one parts with their money to buy a car, I assume it’s a happy event? Haha. 

Money, if not spent,  is not yours. 

By the way, just buy what  one can afford. To play safe, buy one that will last till around 2025,  COE price by then should have been soften (if no major change in quota or COE system), then one might  have a chance to change to a lower COE car. If one will to buy a 9 year old used car at current price, he will likely to be stuck with the car for a long time when COE drops or he will have to suffer a bigger loss when he changes car. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, BabyBlade said:

In fact,  there is nothing to complain about. One has many options, buy a cheaper car, buy a used car, buy a COE car, take grab, take taxi take MRT, take bus....it is like we have a HDB option, do we complain  about bungalow being too expensive ? 😃😃😃

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Cancerous already 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2