Tesla Model 3 gets T-boned

Jamesc

On 10/24/2021 at 8:00 PM, Mkl22 said:

Drive an older clunker and just bang! get a free paint job as a result. 🤣

Eh boss, don't bust my act leh. 

I did that before when I needed a new front bumper once... And as luck would have it, someone came by and reversed into my front bumper... So I did the natural thing and claimed for a full repaint of my front bumper. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

16 hours ago, Beregond said:

What  i heard was that car was driven by tesla own staff.

then minus salary and tio pok liao....🤣

• Haha! 1

Tesla, supposed to be intelligent car, can do auto-pilot, etc.

So why didn't it accelerate out of the right turn (barring idiot driver) when it could have dictated that the approaching car is not slowing down ?

Just now, Kb27 said:

So why didn't it accelerate out of the right turn (barring idiot driver) when it could have dictated that the approaching car is not slowing down ?

Autopilot is not Full Self-Driving.

Most car safety uses brake rather than accelerator like Rear Cross Traffic Alert

9 minutes ago, happy_man said:

I have a contrarian view - The Balestia road accident is a good publicity to Telsa, not a bad one. 

So Telsa should promote the alleged staff who drove the Model 3 for giving the brand a free media demo about how safe it is when comes to side impact, while risking his life and limb ! 😝

The side/curtain airbags never even activate?

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

16 minutes ago, happy_man said:

Probably the collision wasn't considered as serious for the Model 3 safety system. 🤣

Or maybe there was no one in the passenger seat so no point wasting 1 or 2 airbags....hahaha.

• Haha! 3

Please revoke licence of the Tesla driver for reckless driving, failing to check oncoming traffic before making turn.

What car was the one hitting the Tesla?  Whole camera fell off upon impact, owner saying, ahhhh…shit….

Edited by Throttle2

2 minutes ago, happy_man said:

Or I could be wrong - This accident may hv put Telsa's airbag problem back into public concern.

2019 - Tesla airbags didn't inflate when a family's Model 3 crashed into a guardrail,

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-model-3-airbags-did-not-deploy-crash-company-unresponsive-2019-9

The family suffered severe injuries in this Model 3 when NO airbag was deployed.

5d7bf6152e22af2cd57b95e6?width=2000&form

Wow, thats really quite horrible

1 hour ago, happy_man said:

Or I could be wrong - This accident may hv put Telsa's airbag problem back into public concern.

2019 - Tesla airbags didn't inflate when a family's Model 3 crashed into a guardrail,

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-model-3-airbags-did-not-deploy-crash-company-unresponsive-2019-9

The family suffered severe injuries in this Model 3 when NO airbag was deployed.

5d7bf6152e22af2cd57b95e6?width=2000&form

At this point I won't trust Tesla to put a car together properly. Maybe another 5 years then consider. 

If BMW i4 can be priced competitively against Model 3, then choice for me will be obvious. 

3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

At this point I won't trust Tesla to put a car together properly. Maybe another 5 years then consider. 

If BMW i4 can be priced competitively against Model 3, then choice for me will be obvious. 

Yeah. Second that, although it seems i will just be burning fossil for a long time still

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

23 hours ago, Kb27 said:

I think auto collision avoidance should only stop it self and not propel itself.. can you imagine if the car AI and sensors goes haywire and the car suddenly speed off to "avoid collision", we won't know when the car will get possessed if it works this way hah.. and also have to take into account you won't know if anything will dash in front of the car itself, thereby causing even more serious accident..

↡ Advertisement