Tesla Model 3 gets T-boned

Jamesc

12 minutes ago, kelaihoyin said:

Got to say really Impressed with the structural integrity of the Tesla.

I guess another benefit of having the batteries as massive weight at the floor of the car preventing it topping over.💪

Recent case of Vezel being T-bone the car immediately flipped.

If an electric car like Tesla ever got stuck in that flood at pasir ris, what will happen actually?

↡ Advertisement

5 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

If an electric car like Tesla ever got stuck in that flood at pasir ris, what will happen actually?

I not sure if you are trolling but I'm referring to accidents due impact. Not sure what flood has to do with anything. 

But then again since you asked. Here is the link. . Considering how an EV works, I would think is highly possible. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-drives-in-flood-waters-china-video-2021-7

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, kelaihoyin said:

I not sure if you are trolling but I'm referring to accidents due impact. Not sure what flood has to do with anything. 

But then again since you asked. Here is the link. . Considering how an EV works, I would think is highly possible. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-drives-in-flood-waters-china-video-2021-7

Nope, it was a genuine question since you mentioned the batteries are at the floor of the car. Thanks for the link, informative. 

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

40 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

How cum tesla curtain airbag not deployed? It was a direct hit on the B pillar 😅

I already said🤫 

Elon Musk is only selecting some people that can have self-control, self-preservation and not rely on AI and machinery...... to populate Mars. 

Like the Squid Game.. 

Eliminated. 

• Haha! 3

I am definitely not saying Tesla is right, in fact turning without check clear is wrong. 

But hor, I watched the video a few times and read the comments too. Many commented too little time for cam car to react and video is different from what the driver of the cam car saw.

I am not disputing anyone but from what I observed, I felt that if cam car were to slow down (looking at the “SLOW” painting on the floor) and anticipated if Tesla were to suddenly turn in, he could have brake earlier. It seems like he was slow to react and made no attempt to brake or wait till the very last bit then brake wor. Maybe had the mentality that “I have the right-of-way”, just whack la. Some more PHV, can claim gao gao lost of income and shake leg at home. 🤣

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

30 minutes ago, Wormee said:

I am definitely not saying Tesla is right, in fact turning without check clear is wrong. 

But hor, I watched the video a few times and read the comments too. Many commented too little time for cam car to react and video is different from what the driver of the cam car saw.

I am not disputing anyone but from what I observed, I felt that if cam car were to slow down (looking at the “SLOW” painting on the floor) and anticipated if Tesla were to suddenly turn in, he could have brake earlier. It seems like he was slow to react and made no attempt to brake or wait till the very last bit then brake wor. Maybe had the mentality that “I have the right-of-way”, just whack la. Some more PHV, can claim gao gao lost of income and shake leg at home. 🤣

Probably using the HP.

Could also be a ex-taxi lao and saw the opportunity and shout HUAT AH!!

753998C2-B28C-4348-AD4A-648BBB858AB7.jpeg

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

How cum tesla curtain airbag not deployed? It was a direct hit on the B pillar 😅

Noticed that too.

No wonder selling cheap - Chinese Tealas maybe bo side air bags. 

At least didn't catch fire this time.

Was it on auto pilot? 

2 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Probably using the HP.

Could also be a ex-taxi lao and saw the opportunity and shout HUAT AH!!

The Tesla machiam kanna “Homing” missile😂😂

• Haha! 5

Was the telsa doing an u turn?  The cam car overtook a bus,  and there was no vehicle in front of the bus.  

Usually this type of turn,  the telsa body would not be straight at the point of contact,  and should have cleared quite fast.  

Maybe the driver wanted to U turn but could not finish in one turn. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

I recall a recent thread (flooding thread?) - someone posted that you can drive through, or at least the electric motor won't electrocute you if it's still intact... but I'll still wait till the flood waters subside and I'll definitely wear rubber soles before I approach a Tesla trapped in such conditions.. 

• Haha! 2

40 minutes ago, Wormee said:

It was 23 metres from where the cam car was at the point the Tesla began clearly changing direction and 16 metres when the Tesla crossed the median line without stopping. I estimate it was around 14 frames which is about half a second to travel that 7 metres and some simple math will give you 50kph, before the driver realized that the Tesla wasn't going to respect right of way. 

image.png.f03f72694c712dab766d017365163152.png

• Praise 5

Cam car going too fast? And Tesla car never check clearly before turning? Anyway, have to drive slowly and extra careful along Balestier rd la, since this road traffic quite heavy and road design find quite hazardous.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Cam car going too fast? And Tesla car never check clearly before turning? Anyway, have to drive slowly and extra careful along Balestier rd la, since this road traffic quite heavy and road design find quite hazardous.

Cam car doesn't look fast. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wormee said:

That's the reason why there was the imperial edict to apprehend both culprit.... 

Spank them and hang them. 😂

Both work on their ASSumption.......... 

Edited by Atonchia

2 hours ago, mersaylee said:

I saw this video recently

apparently tesla got system to calculate if airbags are necessary

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 2

5 minutes ago, wlalala said:

I saw this video recently

apparently tesla got system to calculate if airbags are necessary

I tink they better engage @Turboflat4 for some serious recalculation 😁

very-complicated-math-formula-on-blackboard-illustration-id536754333.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3