Tesla Model 3 gets T-boned

Jamesc

8 hours ago, mersaylee said:

How cum tesla curtain airbag not deployed? It was a direct hit on the B pillar 😅

Chinese Made Tesla...maybe forget to git the Side Airbags..or Wires not Plug in.🤣

• Haha! 3

This turn to Shan Road is problematic because the balestier road (near balestier hotel) is curved, can't see the incoming traffic and car could travel very fast here  if traffic is light.

Anyway it's freaking Tesla never stop and check traffic before proceed with right turning. 

Edited by Knighthunter
  • Praise 3

9 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

It was 23 metres from where the cam car was at the point the Tesla began clearly changing direction and 16 metres when the Tesla crossed the median line without stopping. I estimate it was around 14 frames which is about half a second to travel that 7 metres and some simple math will give you 50kph, before the driver realized that the Tesla wasn't going to respect right of way. 

image.png.f03f72694c712dab766d017365163152.png

That explains it. Thanks for the details. It takes someone with meticulous calculations and analysis to correctly guess what happened actually. Rather than some people who uses naked eyes to see and commented straightaway “cam car is speeding”. Machiam that guy has laser eyes to measure speed like that. 

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Cam driver likely not familiar with Balastier Road.

Before that junction need to slow down

Road sign says SLOW.

Idiot cam driver step on the pedal.

Just like you see amber light, you must step on the pedal.

Regardless if you are right or entitled, approaching a junction should always slow down. I see many drivers don't.

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

It was 23 metres from where the cam car was at the point the Tesla began clearly changing direction and 16 metres when the Tesla crossed the median line without stopping. I estimate it was around 14 frames which is about half a second to travel that 7 metres and some simple math will give you 50kph, before the driver realized that the Tesla wasn't going to respect right of way. 

Exactly. Everyone always claims can stop and people refuse to stop.

watching a recording is very different. Everything looks smaller and further away that it really is. 

Cam driver should get a nice settlement. Repaired car plus a nice medical compensation. Maybe can even buy a new car now. Haha. Idiots like that Tesla driver should have been rammed by a dump truck. 

• Praise 3

37 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Road sign says SLOW.

Regardless if you are right or entitled, approaching a junction should always slow down. I see many drivers don't.

Actually my driving instructor taught me how react to the sequence of three arrows as you approach a junction (assuming you are at the speed limit) in response to an amber light:

1st arrow: Guard the brake pedal

2nd arrow: Foot move to accelerator

3rd arrow: Accelerate

It works well for me, of course one must still keep alert for any cocksters

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Knighthunter said:

This turn to Shan Road is problematic because the balestier road (near balestier hotel) is curved, can't see the incoming traffic and car could travel very fast here  if traffic is light.

Anyway it's freaking Tesla never stop and check traffic before proceed with right turning. 

I live in the area. Yes, the right turn across 3 lanes with a bend to hide oncoming cars is risky. If i needed to go ttsh i would rather loop the long way round and go along Thomson Road and Sinaran Drive, to the consternation of my passengers (if any). 

But risky or not, these 2 bird heads are responsible. Broad daylight, cannot see each other. Cam car's reaction was unbelivably slow, Tesla was unbelivably reckless. 

Tesla driver and passenger can now get chaffeured to ttsh, song boh

Edited by Ganwb79
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

Road sign says SLOW.

Nowadays no one follow what the road sign display, most drivers anyhow drive de, and even when they approach a junction or slow traffic ahead, they still step on the pedal. Notice many cars dont like to slow down on the road, very dangerous.

The other day near missed accident. One van was driving on left lane and infront one bus stopped at the bus stop, and this van just signal and drive out even there is one car which is already very near to the van, and the car needs to jam brake to give way to the van. If the car drives faster a bit or reaction too slow, would have bang onto the van. In this case, the van should have stop behind the bus and not perform such stunt.

Agreed that many drivers ignore the slow when approaching junctions. Many drivers have the mentality to insist right-of-way and proceed. If one were to slow down approaching junctions, kept a safe distance from the car in front, my guess there would be lesser accidents at junctions cos drivers will be able to brake in time and no rear end collision as well since got safety distance. 

@Macrosszero my instructor taught me that too. You will be able to brake in time when it turns amber at 1st arrow, or clear the junction after the 2nd. 

I just feel more and more drivers on the road don't drive defensively. Sad thing. Dunno who is the a**hole who said, 'follow all rules when learning to drive and during TP test. Pass liao get license can do whatever you want." 

11 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/safety/road-safety/driving-safely/stopping-distances

to stop within 23m, maybe only driving at 30kmh can do it. Anyone here drives at 30kmh along this stretch? 🤣
or at 50kmh, unless ones reaction time is 0.6s vs the typical 1.5s

• Praise 3

Can get a test drive car involved in such an accident really speak volume of the driver skill. 

For the future safety of all driver is better for him to have the accident now than after he has gotten the car. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 1

58 minutes ago, Wormee said:

Agreed that many drivers ignore the slow when approaching junctions. Many drivers have the mentality to insist right-of-way and proceed. If one were to slow down approaching junctions, kept a safe distance from the car in front, my guess there would be lesser accidents at junctions cos drivers will be able to brake in time and no rear end collision as well since got safety distance. 

@Macrosszero my instructor taught me that too. You will be able to brake in time when it turns amber at 1st arrow, or clear the junction after the 2nd. 

I just feel more and more drivers on the road don't drive defensively. Sad thing. Dunno who is the a**hole who said, 'follow all rules when learning to drive and during TP test. Pass liao get license can do whatever you want." 

Slowing down encourages other idiots to try to turn recklessly in front of approaching cars. So how? 

• Haha! 2