Gong Li giving up Sg citizenship?

yishunite

Cant help but think they are here to siam being taxed by the Chinese govt. They as in, Gong Li, Zhao Wei and Jet Li.

Her marriage is even more questionable. Who here has seen she and her husband have dinner here in Sgp? LoL...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, yishunite said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/actress-gong-li-reportedly-renouncing-singapore-citizenship

So fast give up ah... the kind of FT that gahmen open backside for only take Sg citizenship for transactional benefits, when will they wake up

she married a singaporean to become one, not because of talent and of course she is rich.

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

she married a singaporean to become one, not because of talent and of course she is rich.

this is singapore.... rich means talent 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

They were married in 1996.

She got her Citizenship in 2008.

They divorced in 2010.

From 1996 till 2008 was her prime year.

If she wants to avoid tax, she would have got her citizenship in the 90s.

• Praise 6
  • Shocked 1

17 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

They were married in 1996.

She got her Citizenship in 2008.

They divorced in 2010.

From 1996 till 2008 was her prime year.

If she wants to avoid tax, she would have got her citizenship in the 90s.

Dont need to be citizen to park or invest money here. Just need to open a bank account with someone/husband here. LoL...

As long as her "husband" is citizen she can get things done here. It is when she wants to go solo then she will want to get citizenship. Divorce isnt immediate here in sgp. Take a couple of years to finalize. 

Edited by Watwheels

11 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Dont need to be citizen to park or invest money here. Just need to open a bank account with someone/husband here. LoL...

As long as her "husband" is citizen she can get things done here. It is when she wants to go solo then she will want to get citizenship. Divorce isnt immediate here in sgp. Take a couple of years to finalize. 

China implements Global Income Tax Regime.  What you said is useless especially she is a high profile actress.

That's why Eduardo Severin also gave up US Passport.

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

China implements Global Income Tax Regime.  What you said is useless especially she is a high profile actress.

That's why Eduardo Severin also gave up US Passport.

So when did China implemented this GITR?

Among foreigners leaving, every day also got true-blue Singaporean give up their citizenship for greener pastures or other reasons. Its more to the point that China is "persuading" their internationally-mobile stars to return to the Motherland's embrace. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/singapore-population-shrink-citizen-pr-foreign-employment-ageing-2207136

image.thumb.png.0a4f13521adb222eaa919ce99b2e0157.png

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Err.....I don't know what is the comment like. In 1996, I have a guy from Beijing in our company. He is so smart, he works and also part time as an insurance agent, get his PR, then buy his HDB, then sell and buy Condo. When I last heard of him, he told me it is not worth living here. He is going to Canada for good with all the money he make in SG. 

I did not comment in those days, but I did guess he did come and make his money in the right timing

Turbocharged

no loss. if anybody wanna go back to have the screws applied to them, it's their choice mah.

just as those who choose to stay and live with headless chickens flapping ard.

• Haha! 2

Got money you are citizen of most countries lah. Citizen or not also not important to them. They couldn't care about voting, just pick where they can lead a carefree life mah. What is the different of being a citizen or not? If I am them, same thinking what. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

please go, no one misses her....As a Singaporean, I have never seen her here in NTUC or Sheng siong. Like that she is not a Singaporean. 😁

Aiyoh ! she buy on Lazada and Red Mart lah 🤣🤣....... she must have contributed for COE....... oops wait ...... she takes Uber (back then) and Grab now ........ Makan ??? she also on line with Grab/DeliverRoo.........  

You are uhnw individual want to be citizen or pr, most countries will open leg to bring you in lah. 

Unless there's politics or dirty money involved. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1