I love Audi and my 2 cents worth

neoki_29

I love Audi! But am disappointed with the way they are approaching the market in terms of sales of their new cars.

Last month I headed to their showroom to test drive their A5 SB, love the way the car looks, the luxurious feel of the interior, I was quite sold on it before I even took it for a test drive. However, the car felt okay only with the FWD, not as responsive as another German competitor though, the handling didn’t feel as good too when I compared the two, seems slightly underpowered which I believe had to do with the VES policy thus causing the suppressed tuning of the engine. Then we talked numbers and my eyes grew larger as I was pleasantly surprised with the high OT offer until we spoke about the add-ons which included having to purchase a package for servicing but what was a deal breaker was that I found out the car does not include front collision prevention system and some other stuff which I feel should be quite standard these days especially for $220K+ car. Almost everything can be included as an option which when calculated in, it is higher than the competition. I guess it’s dangle the carrot with lower list price first and let the customer decide (or got shocked) what they want to include.

No wonder why their showroom is so much more quiet as compared to their 2 newest German competitors.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

What you are saying is that the Audi A5 sportback is an overpriced FWD car?

.........deal breaker was that I found out the car does not include front collision prevention system.....🤣

Edited by Ct3833

2 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Go buy skoda, cheaper version of audi😂

Ppl talking about German cars yo. You mention Czech brand. Not many ppl will know the brand.😂

It is all about the brand. Even when overtrade is utilized that extra loan interest is nothing.

• Haha! 2

37 minutes ago, neoki_29 said:

I love Audi! But am disappointed with the way they are approaching the market in terms of sales of their new cars.

Last month I headed to their showroom to test drive their A5 SB, love the way the car looks, the luxurious feel of the interior, I was quite sold on it before I even took it for a test drive. However, the car felt okay only with the FWD, not as responsive as another German competitor though, the handling didn’t feel as good too when I compared the two, seems slightly underpowered which I believe had to do with the VES policy thus causing the suppressed tuning of the engine. Then we talked numbers and my eyes grew larger as I was pleasantly surprised with the high OT offer until we spoke about the add-ons which included having to purchase a package for servicing but what was a deal breaker was that I found out the car does not include front collision prevention system and some other stuff which I feel should be quite standard these days especially for $220K+ car. Almost everything can be included as an option which when calculated in, it is higher than the competition. I guess it’s dangle the carrot with lower list price first and let the customer decide (or got shocked) what they want to include.

No wonder why their showroom is so much more quiet as compared to their 2 newest German competitors.

A5 SB is usually selling around 160-170k leh.... you got quoted 220k?

No wonder your OT is high lah.

Please read the other A4 thread on 4 yo car already need to major repair on leaking engine seal. Please cater more workshop money for it.

For Audi, they do so many warehouse sale, mgmt sale, 9.11 sale, 10.10 sale that their cars are all lelong feel. Those who buy during non-sale period will probably feel like carrothead when they see the new MEGA audi sale whatsapp fwded by their friends.

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Please read the other A4 thread on 4 yo car already need to major repair on leaking engine seal. Please cater more workshop money for it.

For Audi, they do so many warehouse sale, mgmt sale, 9.11 sale, 10.10 sale that their cars are all lelong feel. Those who buy during non-sale period will probably feel like carrothead when they see the new MEGA audi sale whatsapp fwded by their friends.

Now COE is so high it is close to $250K

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=12688

The overtrade should be quite ridiculous. Anyway it is just paying loads of high interest, nobody will pay attention to it.

Actually looking at any car the price is at very high price cos of the high coe price. Close your eyes for a while. 😂

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, neoki_29 said:

I found their sales team very disappointing before. And I was looking at an RS6 too. If I go for an Audi, it'll be through a PI most likely. 

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator

Woah. I should think of changing my car now. I am driving a FWD car that have no front collision prevention system. In fact, it is still on manual gear and hand brake. 🤣

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 8

49 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Ppl talking about German cars yo. You mention Czech brand. Not many ppl will know the brand.😂

It is all about the brand. Even when overtrade is utilized that extra loan interest is nothing.

But does Skoda have a A5 equivalent ? 

18 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Woah. I should think of changing my car now. I am driving a FWD car that have no front collision prevention system. In fact, it is still on manual gear and hand brake. 🤣

yours belong to the honda museum. 

😆

mine got front collision prevention system. It is also called the right leg. 

• Haha! 10

1 hour ago, neoki_29 said:

no point getting  upset about it . If front collision is a key consideration for you, then consider other brands . For 220k affordability , you should have quite good options among the other two German brands and be able to find one with a collision prevention option. At this price point, any car like BM or Merce should look as good as Audi if not better. 

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

A pussy is just like any pussy. Same for a car....

2 hours ago, neoki_29 said:

2 cents worth alright!

@neoki_29  If you love it go for it...the traction n performance is better than the other 2.  If you are gen x, then probably you dont drive so fast too (so underpower is ok la, just let the power slowly pickup) unless you are a racer.  😁

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

But does Skoda have a A5 equivalent ? 

not skoda....go vw arteon instead

but the vw badge lose to 4 rings lah

😬😅

3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

If u open the bonnet, see the chassis, see the gearbox

Then you realise what you paid for audi is similar what you get in skoda

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 5

3 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

160-170k is when coe ard 30-40k le

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1