I love Audi and my 2 cents worth

neoki_29

11 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

If u open the bonnet, see the chassis, see the gearbox

Then you realise what you paid for audi is similar what you get in skoda

I turn my head when i see skoda. I dun bother about audi 

I dun  want say all. But those audi owner a4 i know are youth. Got money buy car no money buy tyres type🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

10 minutes ago, Beregond said:

I turn my head when i see skoda. I dun bother about audi 

I dun  want say all. But those audi owner a4 i know are youth. Got money buy car no money buy tyres type🤣

I drove A8 before and 7 series and e class. I can tell u that i got more stares or head turn on my superb 

• Praise 4

Same story when comparing A4 to it's German rivals. Lacking all the safety features and no free servicing package at the same price..

Edited by Conan86
  • Praise 1

1 minute ago, Conan86 said:

Same story when comparing A4 to it's German rivals. Lacking all the safety features and at the same price..

I like a8 alot. But somehow it cannot match the sales of 7 series.

A4 is a sad case. It became  the new 3 series.  Youth that got a little bit of money but want own conti go for them now.

Zeng till swee swee. Sport rim warp fancy colour. But no money to maintain 

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Beregond said:

A4 was going at <140k in its lowest.... was priced lelong cheaper than camry.

confirm will snag many young hearts who not aware of the after-purchase $$ required of conti TLC

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Conan86 said:

Same story when comparing A4 to it's German rivals. Lacking all the safety features and no free servicing package at the same price..

This is exactly my point. Not sure why PA thinks this type of marketing will attract buyers? Lower list price and ala carte what you think you want but when all add up, more expensive than the competition.

4 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I found their sales team very disappointing before. And I was looking at an RS6 too. If I go for an Audi, it'll be through a PI most likely. 

Audi sales team sucks +1

When I was at a road show at Vivo city (of course that was before my Impreza and definitely pre covid), I was interested in the A3 saloon.

A female SA came over, and she asked what car am I looking out for. 

I told her that I'm looking for the a3, and she asked me what car I was driving.

I said I drove a Japanese car.

She gave me the looks and walked away.

But then, on another occasion, it was much better.

It was a male SA and I was at Causeway Point.

While he wasn't stratospherically impressive, he brought me through the A4 without any complain or any kind of scorn, especially after he knew I drove a Japanese car. (well, he asked)

But because of the former, I'm reluctant to buy an Audi anytime soon.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I drove A8 before and 7 series and e class. I can tell u that i got more stares or head turn on my superb 

Time to import Dacia Sandero.

Confirm eye turner.

Very swee also, definitely better than Attrage.

I hope Dacia starts selling in SG so as to take us out of the misery of the Attrage.

IMG_20211025_201638.jpg

IMG_20211025_201654.jpg

IMG_20211025_201623.jpg

IMG_20211025_201559.jpg

IMG_20211025_201449.jpg

IMG_20211025_201509.jpg

IMG_20211025_201532.jpg

Edited by Brass
  • Praise 1

9 minutes ago, neoki_29 said:

This is exactly my point. Not sure why PA thinks this type of marketing will attract buyers? Lower list price and ala carte what you think you want but when all add up, more expensive than the competition.

TLDR:
IMO, it's a sharp marketing move.

Price it to cater to the consumer who is interested.

Audi is considered one of the three major German luxury marques. It builds on the perceived reliability of VW, and tries to add the extra hint of luxury. There are many cool looking cars based on more prosaic chassis, think of the Audi TT, which has Golf underpinnings or the Scirocco, which is a two door hatch of the Golf but carries a significant price premium.

So if it is priced like a Merc, then it may be in danger of going head to head with the market leader of mid to high tier luxury, and it will also clash with their entry level offerings from the C Class up.

BMW has the ultimate driving machine moniker, and buyers will forgive the lower reliability compared to the Merc, and focus on the driving experience. 

So Audi has decided to go for the VFM niche amongst the three brands. But you can't go cheaper without some compromise. 

Audi has realised that SG buyers will pay handsomely for a badge, and the right materials used in the car and some select features, and yet be very ready to compromise on others. 
Look at the two airbag offerings that are selling well in SG. The cars with less safety features that don't faze buyers so long as the price is right.

Not longer ago, we have a bro here who had a nice long section in the A3 thread on why he chose the A3 over the Toyota Corolla, despite the size difference and legroom. For the money, the A3 offers a solid ride, a brisk progress with a decent shove and the right materials in the cabin. I must admit I almost committed to one as well at a warehouse sale years back.. I called a friend and he told me in no uncertain terms to avoid the dry clutch and that was the end of my A3 dreams. but the allure of the materials, the ride and the badge was very tempting. It didn't seem to matter that it was a truly bare bones car that didn't even have a single USB port... 

I did look at the A4 as well, and similarly, the price was right. Lots of power, the cabin materials were really nice, the smell of real leather was intoxicating and yes, I was in a Luxury Marque...  when I began my journey, I knew little about safety features, having driven a two airbag car with the barest of safety features for ten years. So it didn't seem to be important compared to the lovely steering wheel, that turbo kick and yes did I mention that badge?

I know, I know I'm shameless, but hey, why not when it's within your budget. Just like why the Honda Accord, and the Toyota Camry aren't moving off the shelves like their predecessors, people can give up space, reliability and features for the right car, and yes the A4 can still be a family sedan, even if it's basically sized with the legroom of a Corolla or Civic. It's meant to let you feel the joy of the C Class at a price that you can bring to the banker without bankrupting yourself. 

And how many people peer with critical eyes at the spec sheet for auto collision warning, and other features like that? Or ask the reps for the price of servicing? Or know about the history of the gearboxes and engines? Not everyone, after all it's based on the workhorse of the Germans, the VW cars. And Skoda, no no, it's a poorer cousin that doesn't get you that prized lot at work, or makes the sales rep at that condo launch smile. No, for that you'll need one of the three German Marques, no less.

As shallow as it seems, IMHO, that is a reality we face in a country where cars cost more than a house in Germany, and whilst that house will last decades, our cars only last for one. 

• Praise 11

14 minutes ago, Brass said:

Audi sales team sucks +1

When I was at a road show at Vivo city (of course that was before my Impreza and definitely pre covid), I was interested in the A3 saloon.

A female SA came over, and she asked what car am I looking out for. 

I told her that I'm looking for the a3, and she asked me what car I was driving.

I said I drove a Japanese car.

She gave me the looks and walked away.

But then, on another occasion, it was much better.

It was a male SA and I was at Causeway Point.

While he wasn't stratospherically impressive, he brought me through the A4 without any complain or any kind of scorn, especially after he knew I drove a Japanese car. (well, he asked)

But because of the former, I'm reluctant to buy an Audi anytime soon.

When I went to Premium Autos, I had the misfortune of getting a female SE too. She was late, passed the parcel to another female SE after keeping me waiting 15 min (and only when I was on the verge of leaving), and had failed to secure the model I was interested in for a test drive.

Female SE for me and you. Maybe there's a pattern here?

• Haha! 3

Just now, Turboflat4 said:

When I went to Premium Autos, I had the misfortune of getting a female SE too. She was late, passed the parcel to another female SE after keeping me waiting 15 min (and only when I was on the verge of leaving), and had failed to secure the model I was interested in for a test drive.

Female SE for me and you. Maybe there's a pattern here?

I dunno ah, maybe ah.

At least you reached the stage of test drive. I was ghosted within minutes.

But the politically correct answer is no there isn't, lest AWARE come and skin me alive. 😅

• Haha! 2

Just now, Brass said:

I dunno ah, maybe ah.

At least you reached the stage of test drive. I was ghosted within minutes.

But the politically correct answer is no there isn't, lest AWARE come and skin me alive. 😅

No bro. My AMG sales person was ok and it was a she. I bought my AMG GT from her. 

Then again, others in the community told me their male SEs gave them better over trade and more freebies so who knows. Lol. 

If u open the bonnet, see the chassis, see the gearbox

Then you realise what you paid for audi is similar what you get in skoda

Sorry for a bit OT, but I was quite impressed with the Skoda RS 245. Sales lady very nice and helpful too. Definitely would consider that before an Audi from AD. 

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Brass said:

Time to import Dacia Sandero.

Confirm eye turner.

Very swee also, definitely better than Attrage.

I hope Dacia starts selling in SG so as to take us out of the misery of the Attrage.

IMG_20211025_201638.jpg

IMG_20211025_201654.jpg

IMG_20211025_201623.jpg

IMG_20211025_201559.jpg

IMG_20211025_201449.jpg

IMG_20211025_201509.jpg

IMG_20211025_201532.jpg

f10.gif

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Skodas definitely look more unconventional. Actually I quite like the look.

17 minutes ago, therock said:

TLDR:
IMO, it's a sharp marketing move.

Price it to cater to the consumer who is interested.

Audi is considered one of the three major German luxury marques. It builds on the perceived reliability of VW, and tries to add the extra hint of luxury. There are many cool looking cars based on more prosaic chassis, think of the Audi TT, which has Golf underpinnings or the Scirocco, which is a two door hatch of the Golf but carries a significant price premium.

So if it is priced like a Merc, then it may be in danger of going head to head with the market leader of mid to high tier luxury, and it will also clash with their entry level offerings from the C Class up.

BMW has the ultimate driving machine moniker, and buyers will forgive the lower reliability compared to the Merc, and focus on the driving experience. 

So Audi has decided to go for the VFM niche amongst the three brands. But you can't go cheaper without some compromise. 

Audi has realised that SG buyers will pay handsomely for a badge, and the right materials used in the car and some select features, and yet be very ready to compromise on others. 
Look at the two airbag offerings that are selling well in SG. The cars with less safety features that don't faze buyers so long as the price is right.

Not longer ago, we have a bro here who had a nice long section in the A3 thread on why he chose the A3 over the Toyota Corolla, despite the size difference and legroom. For the money, the A3 offers a solid ride, a brisk progress with a decent shove and the right materials in the cabin. I must admit I almost committed to one as well at a warehouse sale years back.. I called a friend and he told me in no uncertain terms to avoid the dry clutch and that was the end of my A3 dreams. but the allure of the materials, the ride and the badge was very tempting. It didn't seem to matter that it was a truly bare bones car that didn't even have a single USB port... 

I did look at the A4 as well, and similarly, the price was right. Lots of power, the cabin materials were really nice, the smell of real leather was intoxicating and yes, I was in a Luxury Marque...  when I began my journey, I knew little about safety features, having driven a two airbag car with the barest of safety features for ten years. So it didn't seem to be important compared to the lovely steering wheel, that turbo kick and yes did I mention that badge?

I know, I know I'm shameless, but hey, why not when it's within your budget. Just like why the Honda Accord, and the Toyota Camry aren't moving off the shelves like their predecessors, people can give up space, reliability and features for the right car, and yes the A4 can still be a family sedan, even if it's basically sized with the legroom of a Corolla or Civic. It's meant to let you feel the joy of the C Class at a price that you can bring to the banker without bankrupting yourself. 

And how many people peer with critical eyes at the spec sheet for auto collision warning, and other features like that? Or ask the reps for the price of servicing? Or know about the history of the gearboxes and engines? Not everyone, after all it's based on the workhorse of the Germans, the VW cars. And Skoda, no no, it's a poorer cousin that doesn't get you that prized lot at work, or makes the sales rep at that condo launch smile. No, for that you'll need one of the three German Marques, no less.

As shallow as it seems, IMHO, that is a reality we face in a country where cars cost more than a house in Germany, and whilst that house will last decades, our cars only last for one. 

On that note, I have to comment that I'm not impressed by the X1.

Although the 1.5L 3 cylinder engine seems powerful as compared to my 1.6NA, when I was a passenger in the X1, I hated it so much because it seemed so urgent such that it isnt really surefooted.

Moreover, the interior seemed pretty aged and unappealing (even the new BMW 1, 2 dashboard look better, if not more radical) and the seatbelt so thin that it felt worse than the Elantra's seatbelts, which are already thinner than mine. 

For the A class saloon, I think they didn't even put in much effort in design for the rear door card. It looks like it was out of place and plain like white bread.

I'm pretty unthrilled by premium entry level models, though the new A3 looks great. Haven't gotten a chance to molest it yet.

I will seriously consider a Camry (hybrid) over a premium entry level, because they are overrated.

Accord can rot and die with that pricing. It's for boyfans only, given that new Camry:Accord = 20:1

Edited by Brass

6 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

.........deal breaker was that I found out the car does not include front collision prevention system.....🤣

safety features shouldn't be part of the option. option should use comfort and luxury add on.

not everyone fancy Lexus as they associate Lexus as High class Toyota, but Lexus different trim all have the same Lexus full safety system, the different trim are different in engine technology , comfort and luxury.

maybe they value their customers life 🤣🤣🤣 Audi does not 😝

↡ Advertisement