I love Audi and my 2 cents worth

neoki_29

27 minutes ago, Porche said:

@Thaiyotakamli how you lift the front wiper for your car? I just found this morning the bonnet block the wiper from lifting up 

After off engine, flick the wiper stick down like how you activate the wiper to do one wipe. This will move the wiper to service position, then you can lift it up.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

On 10/27/2021 at 9:52 AM, Conan86 said:

So with your ownership experience, is BMW ownership really that much higher than Audi and less reliable? Always hear say owner's past experience saying BMW ownership is guaranteed to cost more in this department

Cant really comment on this as my last 4 cars were bought brand new (with 5 years maintenance package) and sold before 3 years. I do find that Audi had more minor issues when compared to BMW though.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

17 minutes ago, Phelan said:

Cant really comment on this as my last 4 cars were bought brand new (with 5 years maintenance package) and sold before 3 years. I do find that Audi had more minor issues when compared to BMW though.

Do you lose more in depreciation with this strategy?

24 minutes ago, therock said:

Do you lose more in depreciation with this strategy?

My depreciation for the 4 cars were within the range of $9,000 to $17,000 per year but COE price and VES banding (at the point of purchase) plays a part as well. The highest depreciation was for the Audi due to their constant sales which depressed the used car value as mentioned previously.

• Praise 3

Thanks for sharing 

I asked because we often calculate depreciation based on the Ten years of the COE but depreciation is uneven and what I understand is if we sell early, the annual depreciation is higher in the first few years ? 

4 minutes ago, therock said:

Thanks for sharing 

I asked because we often calculate depreciation based on the Ten years of the COE but depreciation is uneven and what I understand is if we sell early, the annual depreciation is higher in the first few years ? 

That is often true but despite saying that my ex 420i had the lowest depreciation after selling it after 2 years ownership

50 minutes ago, Phelan said:

That is often true but despite saying that my ex 420i had the lowest depreciation after selling it after 2 years ownership

Did the dealer offer u a good amount above paper value?

19 hours ago, Phelan said:

There is most likely also a full cash upfront "penalty" if no loan involved or an early loan redemption fee if there's still an outstanding loan at the point of selling after 2-3 years to factor in the overall depre 

I won't be able to experience that route...i boh lui...only can afford full cash on preloved...😅

Oops...paiseh...i quoted the wrong one...should be your next post...

Edited by mersaylee
  • Haha! 1

On 10/25/2021 at 2:04 PM, Ct3833 said:

.........deal breaker was that I found out the car does not include front collision prevention system.....🤣

My friend just bought a Yaris for his wife, it comes with front collision prevention, dynamic cruise control and even lane assist. 

I agree with TS, it should be standard these days on a supposedly premium brand like Audi. 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 3

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

My friend just bought a Yaris for his wife, it comes with front collision prevention, dynamic cruise control and even lane assist. 

I agree with TS, it should be standard these days on a supposedly premium brand like Audi. 

If it was standard, then Audi won't be VFM anymore... the price gap between the A4 and the C Class may narrow so much that buyers will gravitate towards the latter.. South African origins not withstanding... 

C&C also offer around 5k worth of service credits, more if your nego skills are good. And that should be good enough to cover service costs for 3-5 years...

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, therock said:

If it was standard, then Audi won't be VFM anymore... the price gap between the A4 and the C Class may narrow so much that buyers will gravitate towards the latter.. South African origins not withstanding... 

C&C also offer around 5k worth of service credits, more if your nego skills are good. And that should be good enough to cover service costs for 3-5 years...

I got $7k credit on my last car

4 hours ago, therock said:

Lol I had 8k service credits for my C&C Merc didn't even last me 4 years 

5 hours ago, therock said:

My 5k lasted 3.5 years, IIRC.

Edited by Voodooman

The other problem with the current high COE is the 想当年 syndrome..

once upon a time it costs 140k… now it costs more and it’s the COE… but that’s the beauty of Merc and BMW to a lesser extent… they can squeeze their margins more, and drop a couple more features to keep the price tag more palatable… the typical Asian car doesn’t have such an ability and even the entry level Audi can’t because they’ve already removed quite a few features..you can’t cut the steering wheel or skip the wipers right…

but with a civic breaching 130k, many will consider the A3 for a bit more $$….

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1