Drivers Be Warned - Avoid Using Your Vehicle in Dispute with Pedestrian

welik72

5 minutes ago, Didu said:

This lady probably feels that when she stands next to a zebra crossing, all approaching vehicles need to freeze.  😁....like in the Squid game

image.png.f7e2a8be258f2d9c16f5c753bb6576a0.png

↡ Advertisement

45 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I was thinking otherwise. Never mind.

5d2e1f642e4e34001a63d9e3.jpeg

well this is no good... i was hoping it was the photo of the siao char bo.. then can avoid far far

Supercharged
23 minutes ago, flat6 said:

read again.

best to know facts before making comments.

"The court heard that the victim was about to cross a zebra crossing in Jurong West at 9.50pm on Apr 6, 2019, when she saw the accused driving his van.

As he was approaching the crossing, she did not cross, but noted that he did not stop at the zebra crossing."

Erm....@flat6, did I miss anything beside the above?

2 minutes ago, Didu said:

"The court heard that the victim was about to cross a zebra crossing in Jurong West at 9.50pm on Apr 6, 2019, when she saw the accused driving his van.

As he was approaching the crossing, she did not cross, but noted that he did not stop at the zebra crossing."

Erm....@flat6, did I miss anything beside the above?

when you are about to cross, you see a car approaching.

would you continue to cross regardless, or would you stand/wait at the zebra crossing to determine the driver's reaction?

as far as this part of the incident is concerned, what has the woman done wrong to invite ridicule?

• Praise 4

Supercharged
2 hours ago, flat6 said:

would you continue to cross regardless, or would you stand/wait at the zebra crossing to determine the driver's reaction?

as far as this part of the incident is concerned, what has the woman done wrong to invite ridicule?

She did nothing wrong under the law. But the number of distracted drivers on the road is not getting less. To get the driver's attention, I'd not only have eye contact with the driver, I'd also wave to indicate my intention to cross. If the vehicle stops, I'll cross. Otherwise, just a few more seconds wait. No big deal. 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Vinxuen said:

It says she stood at the zebra crossing with no intention to cross? Den go after the driver for not stopping at the zebra crosing to confirm that she is not crossing? This type of pedestrain remind me of those gals in the club...go brush against guy den blackmail 

Unfortunately, when pedestrian standing right at the edge of zebra crossing, better to stop and make sure. Usually if they had no intention of crossing, they'll just wave an apology and signal for you to go ahead. Unfortunately this van driver encounter siao char boh, but of all things that he could've done, he chose the worst option.

• Praise 1

That bloke could have saved a month in jail by just saying sorry and moving on, but nah, pride and all that. 

May not be great for your ego but sometimes de-escalation is the way to go. Once a food delivery rider on a narrow street chose to overtake some parked cars when it was my right of way and he circled back to confront me that I "nearly made him crash". 

I could have said, it was my right of way and you chose to squeeze, but I said, Oh, sorry lah, I'm sorry you nearly crashed. He repeated, you nearly made me crash, I said I'm sorry you nearly crashed, so what do you want? His mind was ready for a confrontation but he wasn't getting his bait. In the end he LL turned around back to his bike and moved on. Wasted his time only. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, flat6 said:

read again.

best to know facts before making comments.

I tink thats the purpose here. Got some senile chief editors and journalists here.

Oops i did it again. 😉

The Cha bor Jiak ba Liao still follow the driver, the driver just say sorry close the case but then again the Cha bor might push it further 

3 hours ago, Porche said:

The Cha bor Jiak ba Liao still follow the driver, the driver just say sorry close the case but then again the Cha bor might push it further 

Should be a Lao cha bor. really wonder the profile of such a char bor

54 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Just avoid such LCB if you can

I always avoid Lao CBs. 😂

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, flat6 said:

She was described to have followed the driver and van. The description then follows that she placed herself in front of the van as well as intentionally obstructing a moving vehicle.

Note how the article describes the driver by name and gender but fail to describe the woman other than her gender in any other meaningful way....

Tricks and skills to direct the reader to a meaningful conclusion. 自作聪明。

9 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

That bloke could have saved a month in jail by just saying sorry and moving on, but nah, pride and all that. 

May not be great for your ego but sometimes de-escalation is the way to go. Once a food delivery rider on a narrow street chose to overtake some parked cars when it was my right of way and he circled back to confront me that I "nearly made him crash". 

I could have said, it was my right of way and you chose to squeeze, but I said, Oh, sorry lah, I'm sorry you nearly crashed. He repeated, you nearly made me crash, I said I'm sorry you nearly crashed, so what do you want? His mind was ready for a confrontation but he wasn't getting his bait. In the end he LL turned around back to his bike and moved on. Wasted his time only. 

No he is like my MIL.

They can never say sorry and they ask you why say sorry they never wrong what?

:D