COE Bidding – November 2021

Carbon82

57 minutes ago, Old-driver said:

Since everyone say up, I say it'll drop marginally. COE, like stocks, don't move in straight line. Longer term is up but there'll be some aberration along the way.... 

I tend to agree with you. I think Cat A will drop marginally while Cat B will rise to maybe $5K more. Can’t wait lol

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, ChongLiu said:

yesterday talked to a dealer he says price will not come down before 2025😥

Sure he will tell you that to hopefully trigger you to buy (from him) now 😀

8 hours ago, sg100179 said:

when I went to showroom to buy in July 2nd 2020, the 1st day of CB, I was told by SA that COE will crash to $25K. Then I was worried whether to commit new car or renew COE. Still I decided to take the risk than renewing my 10-yr car which is having constant oil leak. After one year, I am glad being decisive proven right. Got COE then $32K but car was priced at $25K COE (and the new car was under "fire" sale with 5-yr free servicing including free consumable parts and labor...). Today COE is astonishing....

looking back, best time to buy was during CB, once in a life time opportunity. But that needs a brave heart and mind in the sea of pandemic and job losses....

I have also booked during CB  with AD saying the COE will be $26k NG, but wasted 8 bid also didn't get. Basically they didn't bid aggressively, 3 bid never bid and wasted my time.CB period doesn't mean you will sure get and the COE went north as well. Take back my deposit after a month and waited for a year then booked another car brand, on the 1st bid get it. 

Edited by james1055

41 minutes ago, james1055 said:

I have also booked during CB  with AD saying the COE will be $26k NG, but wasted 8 bid also didn't get. Basically they didn't bid aggressively, 3 bid never bid and wasted my time.CB period doesn't mean you will sure get and the COE went north as well. Take back my deposit after a month and waited for a year then booked another car brand, on the 1st bid get it. 

If it's Non-G COE, if it went too much north unlikely AD will bid for you. It's all about the bottom line ultimately. Which is why I feel it's important to only buy from AD that has G COE. If it's G COE and reputable AD, how much North it went they will still need to give it to you. Just few days before the previous COE bidding, I went to a Japanese AD to make a purchase, the price given was pretty attractive, and I'm ready to commit. During the final negotiation, manage to negotiate another deal. Either another $2K discount or $1K discount but with G COE. Ultimately I went for $1K discount with G-COE. Before that I went the 2 Korean AD and both are Non-G COE, so I didn't even want to consider at all, as most people know that the last bidding COE price will increase and placing order with them for Non-G COE most likely will turn out to be a waste of time.

17 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

Totally agreed with you. That was a once in a lifetime sale. I remember not too long after CB started in April, I saw this fantastic promotion too and I placed the deposit for the car without viewing or test drive. Though the agent did say after CB can test drive and if really don't want can refund but a lot of paperwork. They priced the car at $20K COE and it's G-COE package. Subsequently got the COE at more than $40K.

I will say that really was a once in a lifetime kind of sale. 

To put it into context, I took my car in Sep 2020. The same model registered in Feb 2020 is now listed for sale $10K above my purchase price then.  

What car is that?

8 minutes ago, aprilfool22 said:

What happen to those who booked their cars with guaranteed COE ? Will the PI run road with the fast rising COE

If it's AD I think you don't have to worry especially those big ones. If it's PI the bigger players should be fine. Not sure about small players though. But my opinion is that AD definitely more reliable than PI on the G-COE if prices goes up a lot

14 hours ago, neoki_29 said:

I tend to agree with you. I think Cat A will drop marginally while Cat B will rise to maybe $5K more. Can’t wait lol

Both Cat A and B has about 400+ to 500 failed bid last round. these bids are about 85% of the current quota and many dealer both AD and PI marketing they will sell their car based on previous bid which i believe many will still book a car and result in the increase for this round of bidding.

15 hours ago, ChongLiu said:

yesterday talked to a dealer he says price will not come down before 2025😥

This is a cycle, if you check the past 20 yrs record. High COE will be between year XXX1 - XXX5. 

14 minutes ago, Tohto said:

This is a cycle, if you check the past 20 yrs record. High COE will be between year XXX1 - XXX5. 

but then the first batch of coe renewed 5 years cars from 2007-2011 will return to the ecosystem. 

11 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

If it's Non-G COE, if it went too much north unlikely AD will bid for you. It's all about the bottom line ultimately. Which is why I feel it's important to only buy from AD that has G COE. If it's G COE and reputable AD, how much North it went they will still need to give it to you. Just few days before the previous COE bidding, I went to a Japanese AD to make a purchase, the price given was pretty attractive, and I'm ready to commit. During the final negotiation, manage to negotiate another deal. Either another $2K discount or $1K discount but with G COE. Ultimately I went for $1K discount with G-COE. Before that I went the 2 Korean AD and both are Non-G COE, so I didn't even want to consider at all, as most people know that the last bidding COE price will increase and placing order with them for Non-G COE most likely will turn out to be a waste of time.

well of course it also depends on the margin they make. same for any other business out there.

• Praise 1