Raeesah Khan lied!

RadX

18 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

This is not about which political party the MP is from.

It impacts society's perception of the SPF and may alter future sex crime victims' post-event decision making and actions. 

So the parliamentary privilege should be removed or limited. Focus is to prevent future.   

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

At least PS came out clean, rather than telling u nothing to see here, honest mistake, let's move on, what's the point of your question (and further questioning).

Now to wait for the news splashing to run it's course, as if there's no other news in the world, well, maybe not to some.

• Praise 7

Supercharged

In spite of Ms Khan's resignation, I think there'll still be repercussion to WP. PAP likely to dig deep deep.

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

So the parliamentary privilege should be removed or limited. Focus is to prevent future.   

That doesn’t seems Govt is doing anything to catch this sjw

What is happening is just natural fallout

16 minutes ago, Didu said:

In spite of Ms Khan's resignation, I think there'll still be repercussion to WP. PAP likely to dig deep deep.

Yah.. I think the inquiry will question why the other WP members kept silent in Oct knowing that Raeesah repeated the lie in parliament.. 

• Praise 1

Personally i think PS did the right thing by getting her to admit her own mistakes and resolve this on her own. If she did that, it will show better integrity within the party rather than him coming out pointing finger at her. But who knew Khan threw that trust down the drain by continuing to lie. 

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

Why was she chosen in the first place? Is it any tom dick harry interested can join ? What a lesson for importance of leadership and decision making! It should be the case study part of our MBA classes Uni. 

I just want to address your question on why WP choose this candidate. I am also sure you and all members here know why.

GRC and the mix. Then the who want to be opposition and open up to be scrutinized inside out? Any members here willing? WP can try their best, even PAP with a queue from Tuas to Changi also cannot guarantee. So what happen a wrong choice was made? Close shop? 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

32 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I just want to address your question on why WP choose this candidate. I am also sure you and all members here know why.

GRC and the mix. Then the who want to be opposition and open up to be scrutinized inside out? Any members here willing? WP can try their best, even PAP with a queue from Tuas to Changi also cannot guarantee. So what happen a wrong choice was made? Close shop? 

once  you join WP and run for MP ... whole singapore know ... every company know ... who want to friend you? [sly] 

but if you are MP for another party ... ho say liao ... all SME wants to friend you and open door for Board of Director or even Chairman position 

hearsay, no company even want to tender for TC run by oppo? [sly] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

once  you join WP and run for MP ... whole singapore know ... every company know ... who want to friend you? [sly] 

but if you are MP for another party ... ho say liao ... all SME wants to friend you and open door for Board of Director or even Chairman position 

this is the sad truth.

if u are in business. some might even avoid u . they dun want to be seen as mixing with the 'wrong company'

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, Beregond said:

this is the sad truth.

if u are in business. some might even avoid u . they dun want to be seen as mixing with the 'wrong company'

this is the sad truth ... we can be as open as transparent as "bo tai ji" in the surface .... 

but deep down ... we still have a bit of judgement right ... like is this guy for real or what hidden agenda

so to be safe ... better keep a distance ... even not for ownself ... but for business, colleague, family or just associates .... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Otherwise all the BBM, PBM and Grassroots, CCC, RC walking the streets on weekends for what? Sorry 1 broom sweep the entire boat but a few are really for the community lah.

Very sad but it is getting very serious. Anyone of you visit one of the meet the MP session? Is MP always there and are there high and low level volunteers? So want to volunteer also must see which level lor

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

hearsay, no company even want to tender for TC run by oppo? [sly] 

This is not true, but your own belief.  I know Sylvia Lim, she is somehow related.  And top CEO of big organisation in Singapore are still very much friends with her.  We attend gatherings together.

• Praise 5

24 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

This is not true, but your own belief.  I know Sylvia Lim, she is somehow related.  And top CEO of big organisation in Singapore are still very much friends with her.  We attend gatherings together.

i am generalizing as 80/20 ...

in a way ... 80% of people and company will react "the norm" and 20% will embrace ... like who cares ... 

of course nothing is 100% left or right ... even in any case there would be exception and outlier too ...

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

55 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

I am sure you are making reference to only a handful. Even top CEO of MNC once step down, see how many people know you. This is a very realistic world. Tan Cheng Bock can share more with you when he was MP and now

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, mikk123 said:

understand. I am not saying no mistake allowed. For her, the way she lies, she is more like a 4 yrs kids, Telling lies after lies... There was no red flags when she spent time with the WP team before MP role and no one sensed something was not right?  When we all reach certain age with experience, we should be able to judge a person after spending time together. 

WP should know the person they put up is for a major opposition party, use one of the brother words here ' that person has to be whiter than white'.  

There could be one possible explanation - WP lacks quality candidate. They had to use her. 

I am not sure you have benn involved in interviewing and selection of candidates for your organisation. That hour or even after a few rounds of interviews, reference checks, etc. Nothing like you experience working with that person. 

Yes, I am very sure WP is not able to attract people like what LHL and even LKY claim they can't into politics. The key here is, then how should we handle it once this happen? Action taken and move on or keep hammering?

I don't really care about WP selection of candidates. Cos we all know that it's hard to identify character flaws in someone who's good at faking. And these leaders must have met and interacted with thousands of thousands of people, high and low, their gut feel so bad?

After i read she lied, i was expecting her resignation or sacking the next day or within 2-3 days. But no...

What I'm unhappy about is their lame excuse that give time to reveal to family etc etc and the delay in rectifying the mistake. 
Hell, if there is something so serious staining the entire party, heck I'll give the person until the next day to tell her family.
That's it. What simi crap about giving 1 person 1 month + to get over some personal hurt etc.

This is not about being a blow hard talking cock at a party. This is a defamation against the police, an important govt institution. 

I reiterate, it's a very poor showing. Whether you are oppo or PAP supporter, this is management FAIL.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 13

Just now, mikk123 said:

Agree. you won't know a candidate after one interview. But over time, the person's true color will show. 

Well, if you believe that WP is not able to attract good people like the ruling party. Then...........

Action taken? Do you think how PS handled this issue like a leader? Do we think he has the quality to lead Singapore one day? In politics, we don't just need a great speaker. We need a LEADER. 

I standby it. WP will have more challengers than PAP in attracting the right and qualified candidates. In Singapore, everything is about acemdemic qualifications right? 

PS handling right or wrong. There is always 2 sides to it. If those who feel his leadership is not good, don't vote for him till they change leader. My complain is, this subject is taking too much valuable time from our multi million $ cabinet and public funds.chit chatting here ok, it is free. Main media need to focus on national issues please.

1 minute ago, mikk123 said:

Brother, this is national matter. If this is not found out now, she could have been a minister one day in the future you know. What a scary thought! 

Fully agreed. So it is found out Liao. Tomorrow also can happen to another Minister. There is a need for a system to prevent a repeat, no question about that.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3