Raeesah Khan lied!

RadX

Say too much of "ownself check ownself" is not a good thing. R Karma can be a b!tch.😂

I think wp have little to worry. Ppl might come and go but the party's manifesto and core values are here to stay. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Not taking sides but I think the WP Leaders handled this incident pretty bad. They had a chance to clear this up the minute that RK owns up to them. If they have taken action to clear the air then, it would have added creditability to WP's ranks and put them in good stead for future elections. I am sure if LTK is still in charge, he would have done so. Now that RK has confessed that she lied and have since resigned from her MP position as well as WP membership, she will try to cover up her mistakes at all costs, including saying things in front of the COP panel that may be construed to her benefit. Worst if she can provide evidence showing the panel that the party leadership has asked her to stick to her original statement and put the issue to sleep! 

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, Daryllim1969 said:

Not taking sides but I think the WP Leaders handled this incident pretty bad. They had a chance to clear this up the minute that RK owns up to them. If they have taken action to clear the air then, it would have added creditability to WP's ranks and put them in good stead for future elections. I am sure if LTK is still in charge, he would have done so. Now that RK has confessed that she lied and have since resigned from her MP position as well as WP membership, she will try to cover up her mistakes at all costs, including saying things in front of the COP panel that may be construed to her benefit. Worst if she can provide evidence showing the panel that the party leadership has asked her to stick to her original statement and put the issue to sleep! 

Mai kan cheong leh. Ppl havent been given a chance to tell their side of the story you already pass judgement. Sigh.

Go out buy some popcorn, sit back, relac and watch show.

• Haha! 4

14 minutes ago, Daryllim1969 said:

Looking at WP's leadership. In the past, under LTK, I strongly believed he will step out and faced the public on the exact truth. But with PS and SL, I doubt so. 

PAP know the people want more credible opposition representation. I am not sure they are interested in the truths but they will control the narrative.  Don't think WP wants to get into a long debate with PAP on who says what.  Is WP using the same AHTC playbook?

This case is built around someone who is a habitual liar and has very little integrity, so many here also don't believe a word of what she said, so saying less might not be a bad thing for once.

• Praise 3

8 minutes ago, happy_man said:

I used to share similar though also - that WP leadership had screwed up...after COP released the testimony video on late on last Fri (3 Dec). But I could be wrong too...

AFTER having watched WP's press statement on Thu (2 Dec) when PS explained the backgnd and made apologies....My faith with PS and WP"s leadership remains. (Pls watch before making judgement call.)

With the benefit of this hindsight, my question now fails on the COP - Why did they rushed to release their "interim report" along with COP video session with Khan late on  Friday night without completing the process which PS has volunteered to appear before the COP ?

To showcase openness, transparency...to allow others an oppo to help cook up a good dish or spoil a bad dish or vice versa...😁

2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Won’t la. This auntie make sense, rational thinking.

01664C10-DCF7-403D-BE0E-A8CF099A7679.png

B20F0F14-48DA-4643-8F90-3E7A2575A2B3.png

auntie has wisdom.. yet some how we have to waste everybody's time to do a cop on tv.

if only there are more aunties like her.

• Praise 3

37 minutes ago, Daryllim1969 said:

My feel as well...it would even add credibility to the party..unfortunately, I think they didn't do the right thing! 

Well let's see what happens now...

9 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

auntie has wisdom.. yet some how we have to waste everybody's time to do a cop on tv.

if only there are more aunties like her.

Only if that auntie willing to run for election...to create a better Awareness... 😁

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
46 minutes ago, happy_man said:

Lying in theParliament is a big no no  - That goes beyond just B&B issues.

you see, that's you. but it might not apply the same to everyone else.

Not everyone feels the same. Hardcore supporters of either camp will not be swayed by such incidents happening to their favorite party.

Such incidents might swing those sitting on the fence. 

it just depends if your views are in the majority camp and if it will swing overall voting % to the one you desire.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

I don't totally understand where you are coming from. From what i read, the 2 of them were called up to be questioned (not prosecuted) as witnesses to get more information which i think is normal as part of any normal investigative process, they are not being prosecuted as "accused" persons. RK didn't name them in her testimony as people who contributed to her lying to parliament. They are just witnesses.

To recap, Jellandross' post was "...why....didn't invite all the accused (emphasis my own) for questioning...", i.e. PS was not given opportunity to defend himself with respect to RK's "accusations". My reply was to say that there is only 1 person that is being COPed. And even if PS/WP had indeed done something wrong, it happened outside of Parliament and the investigation might have to taken by a different panel/body.authority separately. The COP was convened based on something that happened in Parliament. It would be odd for Leader of the House (IR) to to lodge a complaint to COP for something that happened outside of Parliament. 

In any case, these 2 there are not party leaders and if any advice were given, it is their own advice/opinion. I doubt authorities would prosecute this. It is very different when the party leader(s) asked RK to "continue the narrative" (lie) cos it can be easily construed as instruction from the top.  

Your three paragraphs seems to contradict each other isn't it?

You said witnesses need to be called up to get more info. We see two low-level volunteers who are important enough to be called up but not the three WP leadership who are supposedly masterminds behind RK perpetuating lie?

You said that WP leadership are not called up because their interaction with RK happened outside Parliament. But didn't the two witnesses also interacted with RK outside Parliament? So again is locale pertinent to whether a person qualifies as a witness?  In fact, PS was inside Parliament at the time of RK lying so based on your logic of locale why PS wasn't called up?

You concluded that "It is very different when the party leader(s) asked RK to "continue the narrative" (lie) cos it can be easily construed as instruction from the top." Again, why are the party leadership not called up for clarification since they are very likely the masterminds behind this incident?

• Praise 4

59 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

@Jellandross On the contrary is it not the same when the COP investigation is on-going, PS and team have a press conference?

Yes they're the same - never forget that both sides are politicians and political maneuvering is their game. Trusting a politician is akin to believing that pigs can fly to the moon. 

My take.

COP need to call up WP's leadership team to run through the events that happened. Hear their side of the story.

My concern would be that unless there are hard evident (recording, papers, etc) it may becomes "she said he said".

I heard on radio people who speak in COP fact finding sessions is like attending court of law, they sworn in and lying will be an offence. However, when all they have is "she said he said" then it will be hard to make any determination.

Edited by Rm2s

Just now, Jellandross said:

Your three paragraphs seems to contradict each other isn't it?

You said witnesses need to be called up to get more info. We see two low-level volunteers who are important enough to be called up but not the three WP leadership who are supposedly masterminds behind RK perpetuating lie?

You said that WP leadership are not called up because their interaction with RK happened outside Parliament. But didn't the two witnesses also interacted with RK outside Parliament? So again is locale pertinent to whether a person qualifies as a witness?  In fact, PS was inside Parliament at the time of RK lying so based on your logic of locale why PS wasn't called up?

You concluded that "It is very different when the party leader(s) asked RK to "continue the narrative" (lie) cos it can be easily construed as instruction from the top." Again, why are the party leadership not called up for clarification since they are very likely the masterminds behind this incident?

U are getting the timelines mixed up. These are not all happening at the same time. There is a sequence of events here... when RK first told the 2 cadres of her childhood trauma to when RK revealed to the COP that actually PS and WP knew about her lie sometime back (Aug)....

Anyway nevermind, politics, like many things, is such that no one will change their minds....

@Rm2s The setup is already wrong in the first place. It is so intimidating. The panelists are not seated at level ground. The same setup as in hearing of POFMA deliberation. 

4 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

@Rm2s The setup is already wrong in the first place. It is so intimidating. The panelists are not seated at level ground. The same setup as in hearing of POFMA deliberation. 

i feel for Loh Pei Ying ... so much stress .... so much like "if you answered wrongly, ho say liao" ... [sweatdrop] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3