Raeesah Khan lied!

RadX

Turbocharged
7 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

I suspect the COP report will still somehow twist the facts to suit their narratives and conclude that WP leaders are complicit in RK lying. 

This gonna be like what they did for the presidential election so that their candidate win, even though knowing there will be political costs.

was there any doubt that this will be the conclusion in the first place? This is politics.

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Becos of the DP notes submitted as evidence. But it amounted to the same basis and result.

At the end of the day, making inferences from words alone without full context is just so duh……….

wonder why they didnt ask RK, “ is it not unreasonable to think that you have carried on the narrative on your own accord becos you were unprepared and too stressed to face the music especially having not addressed it with your loved ones yet?”  

“Is it not unreasonable for this panel to think that the instructions purportedly given to you by PS to take the narrative to the grave could be a figment of your imagination due to the PTSD and dissociation, you admittedly suffer from?”  

anyway, now that basically all witnessess hv been called to give thier evidence, we can only sit back and see.   
lets see

Such questions will never be asked!

They are waiting for the three WP leaders to submit the documents of their correspondence by Monday. I think they have already arrived at the conclusions. 

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Tkseah said:

I suspect the COP report will still somehow twist the facts to suit their narratives and conclude that WP leaders are complicit in RK lying. 

This gonna be like what they did for the presidential election so that their candidate win, even though knowing there will be political costs.

Resemblance the hougang aljunied town council fiasco. 

• Angry 1

12 hours ago, Kopites said:

Resemblance the hougang aljunied town council fiasco. 

Actually history has shown the tc fiasco is a mistake for pap as wp won even more seats next election.

I am surprised pap make the same blunder again. I actually thought they had hard evidence hidden somewhere… but that does not make sense too as they cannot introduce those evidence after wasting so many people time with the inquiry ….

• Haha! 3

I said that my verdict was clear at the early part of this thread.  I stand uncorrected after all the COP sessions and in fact clearer than before. 

People need to know that the era of knuckledusters and hatchets in Singapore Politics is over. it may well be more exciting, fast paced and furious , i certainly felt the rush back in the 80s 90s.  But it is over.  

with a much more learned and opinionated People, experience and skills needs to be acknowledged and feedback needs to be gathered. 
In other words, the winner is the one who can cooperate, combine forces, make allies out of foes and still triumph for the Nation.  

• Praise 3

9 hours ago, Voodooman said:

You can “get away” from a criminal offence aspect but you cant get away from the huge loss of credibility and political standing.  

So as a politician , its not worthwhile to lie in parliament but i guess desperate people still do.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Ender said:

Can the COP revoke that priviledge or immunity after this finding?

i dun think can?

There shall be freedom of speech and debate and proceedings in Parliament, and such freedom of speech and debate and proceedings shall not be liable to be impeached or questioned in any court, commission of inquiry, committee of inquiry, tribunal or any other place whatsoever out of Parliament

Parliamentary statements are exempted from police investigation, that what the section 217 of parliamentary privilege is all about

If this 2 point is true, there wont be any punishment to any of the WP  member at all??

At most the cop conclude that : ok wp ppl are lousy liar. Then i think in this case most ppl will have their own judgement, 

While Parliament is not a court of law, it has the power to take action against MPs who engage in "dishonourable conduct, abuse of privilege or contempt".

The punishments include a jail term not extending beyond the current session of Parliament; a fine of up to $50,000; suspension; a reprimand from the Speaker; or any combination of the above.

MPs can also have their privileges and immunities suspended, which means they can be liable to civil proceedings for anything they said in Parliament.

The last MP to be taken to task by the committee for breach of privilege was former WP leader J.B. Jeyaretnam.

Four complaints involving Mr Jeyaretnam were referred to the committee during his term of office as MP for Anson - one in 1982 and three in 1986.

He was reprimanded in 1982 for failing to declare a direct personal pecuniary or financial interest in a matter he had raised involving a person for whom he was acting as a lawyer.

In 1986, he accused the Government of tampering with the judiciary on multiple occasions, and the police of abusing their powers of detention. He was fined $1,000 for each of these breaches of parliamentary privilege, the maximum sum at the time.

The same year, he was fined another $1,000 for not declaring a pecuniary interest in a question he had raised.

He was also fined $25,000 for contempt of Parliament after publishing distorted reports of the committee's proceedings in a series of newsletters to Anson residents.

Source: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/askst-what-is-parliamentary-privilege-and-what-can-the-committee-of-privileges-do

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Rm2s said:

RK should admit her mistakes, get diagnosed and treated for her mental state which is the probable cause of all these erratic behavior and then move out of politics and get on with her life as she is still young.  

With dissociation and PTSD,  at least there is a medical reason and it wont wilfully be dishonorable, abusive nor in contempt.  

lastly she can engage someone like ET to defend her in court.

i am giving her the benefit of doubt that her claim of mental state due to her past experiences is not the amalgamation of two lies..

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

RK should admit her mistakes, get diagnosed and treated for her mental state which is the probable cause of all these erratic behavior and then move out of politics and get on with her life as she is still young.  

With dissociation and PTSD,  at least there is a medical reason and it wont wilfully be dishonorable, abusive nor in contempt.  

lastly she can engage someone like ET to defend her in court.

i am giving her the benefit of doubt that her claim of mental state due to her past experiences is not the amalgamation of two lies..

Personally I would agree that would be the right outcome if she is found to be sick when the lie was told.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I am quite certain she is safe from from recent performance. 

This COP is never about her anyway…haha.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 4