Pops & Bangs - Scourge of Car Community?

Theoldjaffa

just wanna share this FB post by a Mr Aaron Ichijyo.

I largely agree with his opinions. Pops and bangs are very loud, they startle everyone around them, and they cause many people to misunderstand us car enthusiasts.

Personally I've been startled by these before and i tell you for an old man like me, it's not a pleasant experience.

therefore I feel for those who stay at the East Coast area and had to endure the irritating noise pollution.

I don't mind loud exhausts but they should sound nice and not like those empty tin can sounds or these pops and bangs.

if yours is a supercar or performance car that inherently produces such sounds.. I've got nothing to say since it comes from the factory and passed LTA homo before being allowed in SG.

But if you're one of those who purposely go and (mis)tune your car to achieve that effect.. please consider to revert it back.

pop.thumb.jpg.901ab307d9f4eb03f6e6d37de529d1c1.jpgst

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9
  • Haha! 2

When I started out driving there were many car communities pop-ups but within around 5 years they fizzle out and disappeared. Let's face the reality of COE only last 10 years. Ppl maybe change car in the 5th year mark then they are out of whatever car cummunity they have joined earlier. I would say dont waste your time. These ppl come and go. Simi community wont last for long. I dont really bother with what they say.

• Praise 6

27 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Personally I've been startled by these before and i tell you for an old man like me, it's not a pleasant experience.

And damn those supercar owners who suddenly rev their engines for no reason while stationary at traffic lights.

I have encountered a couple of times (both times are Lambo V12s with lurid colour schemes) and I tell you, its louder and nastier than claps of thunder. If I were driving a manual car and had 1st gear engaged, I am sure I would have dropped the clutch and crashed into the car ahead. 😬

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

22 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

And damn those supercar owners who suddenly rev their engines for no reason while stationary at traffic lights.

I have encountered a couple of times (both times are Lambo V12s with lurid colour schemes) and I tell you, its louder and nastier than claps of thunder. If I were driving a manual car and had 1st gear engaged, I am sure I would have dropped the clutch and crashed into the car ahead. 😬

yeah i agree that amongst the supercar community, lambo seem to be the most outlandish (both car colours and the way the car is being driven)

14 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Heng all these funny car people always come out at night one :XD:

i sleeping Liao :XD:

old peepur like me are light sleepers. sometimes i get startled at 1+ by these pops and bangs. 

• Haha! 6

more than this bangs and pops by cars ...... those small fart bikes is even worse ... the din created ... though of late its lesser maybe LTA is on the job

Wah! U got Merdeka or Pioneer Kad ?? 🤣 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Ride road bicycles on the roads kanna kan. 

Modify cars with louder exhausts also kanna kan. 

Live in Singapore sibeh cham 😁

bound to happen in a sardine packed can of 6 million 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Instead of going rounding this , one particular a-hole chose to show off his “toon” at 4am at a multi storey carpark near me. For a good 5 minutes. As I lay in bed I debated whether I should let him get the attention he craved by waking up and calling the cops or not letting him get what he wanted…

13 minutes ago, Davidklt said:

Many many moons ago, we had one such meet up.

But mine was tastefully done with bassy exhaust tone...and that's all 

IMG_2865.thumb.JPG.12cd38a404286b537f10d5b74aefe615.JPG

I had fond memories of my blue CL7R which I used to own for about a year a long time ago. 

It was a relatively unmolested version which I've taken over from a buddy. K&N Drop-in Filter, HKS legal exhaust, TEIN street coil-overs and WORK aftermarket wheels were the only things that are modified. The slick and sweet shifting short-throw stock 6-speeder gearbox is of the highlights of this car. 

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, Davidklt said:

Many many moons ago, we had one such meet up.

But mine was tastefully done with bassy exhaust tone...and that's all 

IMG_2865.thumb.JPG.12cd38a404286b537f10d5b74aefe615.JPG

All owners will say their cars are tastefully done up. Lol.

14 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

I curse, I curse, each time I hear it! So are the bikes that try to tear down the whole precinct!

My estate in front is a quiet road. Every night and I mean literally got one car will ping ping pang pang along the road. 10 years ago this will be cool, but now with ev, I do find ice getting pointless.

• Haha! 6

I never like this Sound..it actually waste Petrol..because more Petrol is injected into the Engine & cause the Sound...my Tuning ask me..tune to what Level..i told him..i don't want.

↡ Advertisement