Extend retirement age? Maybe it's time to think about that from another perspective

Windwaver

I am more in favor of early retirement. :we-all-gonna-die:

Retire all across the board at 65. :wut:

Those sitting at the top in private or public sectors likes bosses, directors, dy directors, managers, asst managers who doesn't wants to retire (cos after so many years, pay fat fat, do nothing but only give instructions & allocation of responsibilities to others) the rest could not move up the ranking.  

At 65, their CPF kau kau and can it at home looking after grandchildren. Why occupy & deprive others from promotion. At best, step aside and work as the company consultant (pay per consultation). 

The above is my personal view cos I am also a "victim of circumstances" in my previous job ...... :lll._.:

Now I am reaching 65 next year and already alerted them of my retirement plan and should start looking for someone to train & take over me. Given them 12 months lead start to search for one. 😔

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
12 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Those sitting at the top in private or public sectors likes bosses, directors, dy directors, managers, asst managers who doesn't wants to retire (cos after so many years, pay fat fat, do nothing but only give instructions & allocation of responsibilities to others) the rest could not move up the ranking.  

At 65, their CPF kau kau and can it at home looking after grandchildren. Why occupy & deprive others from promotion. At best, step aside and work as the company consultant (pay per consultation). 

The above is my personal view cos I am also a "victim of circumstances" in my previous job ...... :lll._.:

Now I am reaching 65 next year and already alerted them of my retirement plan and should start looking for someone to train & take over me. Given them 12 months lead start to search for one. 😔

Orrr..... U tokking about Pinky ??:grin: 

• Haha! 6

15 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

you are too important, i believe they will re-employ and extend your service on yearly contract until 70 [laugh]

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

37 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Pinky had chosen one, right ? ... :wut:

The "Chosen One" studied around East Coast Plan area. [sly]

Not talking about David Moyes hor (ex-ManU Manager & current West Ham manager)..... :XD:

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
3 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Wah... you are senior forerummer here liao lor.

I know someone who also 65 liao.. but company keep asking him extend and stay. 

In his case,  Cos it's too expensive to employ a replacement of his experience at a cceptable pay to potential applicants without substantial increase$$. 

And yet company unwilling to increase his pay either. 

It's a very major homegrown company about 30B market cap too.. 🤪

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
18 minutes ago, Playtime said:

In his case,  Cos it's too expensive to employ a replacement of his experience at a cceptable pay to potential applicants without substantial increase$$. 

A lot of people in their 60s health already not good, work for what?

Time to spend money :grin:

Wait end up like this man how?

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/invest/elderly-man-who-lived-in-hdb-rental-flat-has-1m-savings

Elderly man who lived in HDB rental flat has $1m savings

• Shocked 1

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Not re-employment until the age 68 or even beyond? 😅

Supersonic
20 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Some people work beyond re-employment age le. Like i have one uncle already 70 still working but he is working in some high position in the company la.

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

It all depends if you are 'enjoying' what you are doing. What would you be doing otherwise. I retired for slightly more than 2 months mainly because I don't find the current job interesting. Moreover, I was in discussion with another party on something new that I am keen.

I recently return to full time job. That short break was wonderful but also looking forward to the new challenges ahead. It is great to have options. Ultimately only you yourself knows what work best for you. Nobody say you cannot do a bit planning and enjoy yourself while you work too. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Not re-employment until the age 68 or even beyond? 😅

Enough stress leow...... :lll._.:

Lets someone take over my position. They all very "sin-nang" as majority of the problems attended, implemented & solved by me. Times to let them climb up the ladder. Cannot let them sitting idling knowing, if not they never learnt.  :we-all-gonna-die:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Enough stress leow...... :lll._.:

Lets someone take over my position. They all very "sin-nang" as majority of the problems attended, implemented & solved by me. Times to let them climb up the ladder. Cannot let them sitting idling knowing, if not they never learnt.  :we-all-gonna-die:

High level sure stress la. But ah low level can also stress due to boss. Lol.

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

High level sure stress la. But ah low level can also stress due to boss. Lol.

Now, I prefer to be low level ..... :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

You push, I work. No work, I sit & wait for instructions..... :secret-laugh:

That's why I'm looking forward to 65, doing slower work to pass time .... :meaw:

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
23 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Now, I prefer to be low level ..... :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

You push, I work. No work, I sit & wait for instructions..... :secret-laugh:

That's why I'm looking forward to 65, doing slower work to pass time .... :meaw:

Only when you already reached such age then can sit and wait for instructions, since already going to be retire liao. But if still far from retirement, even at low level also cannot sit and wait for instructions, if not will be condemn by boss, and appraisal would forever no good and no need to get any promotion liao. 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Those whom retire and do community services be it to any Org. is the best , you feel inner peace (lucky to have almost everything in life)  to serve back to community and becomes habitual (well use the word hobby) ; some to church/temple and even animals.... they all need volunteers.... or simply grandkiddos will keep you buzy      

Trade your time for inner peace? Not sure entering a religious / grandfather order is my type of retirement but I guess so long as your time is your time and you are happy doing the “chores”, then it is ok. 

Who are the retirees here? Perhaps can share your thoughts? Think in our competitive society, not many wants to admit they are retired for good. It is always “I am a consultant” or I am managing my investment”.   

• Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I must be in the wrong company or sector, while I like my boss’ bigger pay package and less grindy role, I never want to step into his role, knowing what he has to deal with day in day out on 24/7 basis. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Trade your time for inner peace? Not sure entering a religious / grandfather order is my type of retirement but I guess so long as your time is your time and you are happy doing the “chores”, then it is ok. 

Who are the retirees here? Perhaps can share your thoughts? Think in our competitive society, not many wants to admit they are retired for good. It is always “I am a consultant” or I am managing my investment”.   

Yeap …… people go thru phases ….. young … stylo Milo …. Then family Man….until dunno what also …….

Me …… hmmm …..my  job ….. trying to discover myself still 🤣🤣🤣 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
11 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I must be in the wrong company or sector, while I like my boss’ bigger pay package and less grindy role, I never want to step into his role, knowing what he has to deal with day in day out on 24/7 basis. 

I believe most sector/company, those boss level with big pay package sure not easy on the work they have to deal with. If dont like or afraid to deal with such work, then have to settle on a lower level with lower pay package liao. Lol. Difficult to find high pay but work is easy.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
6 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Unker, he same as you... 

Merdeka liao... 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2