4 lions from S'pore Night Safari test positive for Covid-19

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Screen-Shot-2021-11-09-at-9.58.03-PM.png

Four Asiatic lions at Singapore's Night Safari have tested positive SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.

This was after the cats were exposed to infected staff from Mandai Wildlife Group.

The lions displayed mild signs of sickness such as coughing, sneezing and lethargy on Nov. 6, and were subsequently tested by the Animal & Veterinary Service (AVS).

Another African lion at the Singapore Zoo has exhibited similar symptoms on Nov. 8, and is undergoing testing as well.

AVS has issued an order for Mandai Wildlife Group to isolate all nine Asiatic lions and five African lions in their respective dens.

This includes the five symptomatic cats.

The authority added that it is working with the Mandai Wildlife Group to closely monitor the health of the lions, and will be testing samples from the remaining lions.

Citing the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE), AVS assured members of the public that there is currently no evidence that animals play a role in the spread of the disease to humans.

However, there have been sporadic cases where animals tested positive after being in close contact with infected persons.

Erm. This is scary. And kudos to the medical team who went over and swab the lions. Please give them risk allowance!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Last time there is away the fear of animals and wildlife spreading virus to human,

I think now the table been turn,  if animals can think, they will be very scare of human instead 

I go sayang my neighbourhood  cat , can imagine they try to scatch me and meow GET LOST  😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

Did they do a nose swap and stick a super long cotton bud into their snouts? I would want to be the one doing it.  😅

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 5

28 minutes ago, Beregond said:

I go sayang my neighbourhood  cat , can imagine they try to scatch me and meow GET LOST  😅

Sure is your neighbourhood cat you try to sayang ???  ..........  [sly]

Not your neighbour's "Lau Chio Bu"  that scratches you for making the advances .. :slow:

:grin::grin: 

• Haha! 7

Was gonna feel happy for the lions that they finally can also geng MC no need to work as exhibits liao...then realised they actually have been working from home...so no difference...😂

• Haha! 5

These are some of the new attractions around the world,

hypatia-h-d474b1d9145c0ddc7f86528a100f4f

200422_libraries_RCK_2531.jpg

CV_LIONMASK_050120.0.jpg

img_9610_2.jpg

How can we lose out? Soon we will provide an unique experience to visitors of Singapore Zoo with our lions. 🤣

african-male-lion-wearing-face-mask-lyin

Signage and mascot are still work in progress.

pngtree-lion-wearing-a-mask-correctly-pn

il_fullxfull.2477691796_aztk.jpg

Edited by SGMCF328
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

4 minutes ago, SGMCF328 said:

CV_LIONMASK_050120.0.jpg

How can we lose out? Soon we will provide an unique experience to visitors of Singapore Zoo with our lions. 🤣

Sure can find partime back fillers easily one...I'll surely use the rediscover voucher if there's any live lion show...😁

OIP (3).jpg

R (3).jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha! 5

Internal Moderator
7 minutes ago, SGMCF328 said:

CV_LIONMASK_050120.0.jpg

Merlion how! hahaha!