Vote for sgCarMart's Car of the Year 2021!

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

1517436300_COTY2021.jpg.ec0f2a0105523e677b679aa75a9b1bf1.jpg

It's a wonderful time of the year again! Have you voted? I DID. And I'm gonna be really superficial about my judging criteria. So, don't judge!

Avante.jpg.7808cc8a16fe974b786c3e65967d5e77.jpg

Crowded segment here. Voted for the AVANTE purely based on numbers on the road and personally, I think the CN7 deserves a win for its bold styling change both interior and exterior. It's almost unforgivable if it doesn't win COTY.

Cupra.jpg.e8cde0d3da31c84a310b9e03b96bebf8.jpg

Torn between my favorite CUPRA Leon and GTI. Had the privilege to drive both around. Towards the end, my heart swayed a little more towards the GTI because I prefer the interior cabin but I'm an advocate for the dark horse so Cupra gets my vote. The GTI isn't photogenic but in person, it's a looker. Maybe it's the red. 

Superb.jpg.8eef98de2cb55b919186114a548e2ed2.jpg

Had to vote for the Superb if not I'll be letting our resident Skoda ambassador @Thaiyotakamli down.

1213542514_Lexusis300h.jpg.e1f667b7b9b1a0710eda40d168b7fa0a.jpg

Lexus steals my heart here because they have the best FLOOR MAT in the industry, or so I claim. Makes my feet happy! Lol. But it's time to get rid of the CD players.

272600587_Cupraalltheway.jpg.8eca91ca077c993fb629a26e0a9bff2f.jpg

Love the RS but never got to try driving any before, if my memory serves me correctly. I've driven the Cupra Leon as well as ST and loved it so CUPRA all the way. 😆

Defender.jpg.f4eaed31bb3ef89f33478ecb89fb3e4e.jpg

Defender's got my heart, both the 110 and 90. Got to drive this one here around the city including to the vaccination centre for my second shot. Every time after parking the car I just can't help but turn back and think, damn, I WANT this car. 

363377615_MINIElectric.jpg.18980a79e59e8f9f2479013bee79244d.jpg

Out of the bunch here, I've only tried the MINI Electric and UX 300e. MINI's a charmer no matter the model. It's a personal favorite of mine. Small, zippy + the instant torque of an electric motor, what's not to like?

For the full list of categories, visit https://www.sgcarmart.com/coty2021/ to VOTE now! 

Remember to hit the submit button to make your vote count! Voting ends on 20th December 2021.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

Non of them I will buy leh, If I were to choose now, I will look at 

1. Harrier

2. E-class

3. 5 series

I am still waiting for one model which will keep my heart just like my current ride. If not, I just keep driving. Thus I shall not vote😂

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
16 minutes ago, Acegab said:

Where is Tesla model 3 for premium electric?

There are certain criteria to fulfil in order to be eligible for COTY, the SGCM Editorial team has to review the car before a certain cut-off date,  or it's not a new model that's launched within the selection period. The media car for Tesla just got rolling on 1st Nov so it's past the selection date. Don't quote me on this but this is best to my knowledge.

Talking about Tesla Model 3. Look at this review here. https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=12847

Tesla.thumb.jpg.fd29d6eb04efe0e776a01e8959f2c21c.jpg

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
27 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Non of them I will buy leh, If I were to choose now, I will look at 

1. Harrier

2. E-class

3. 5 series

I am still waiting for one model which will keep my heart just like my current ride. If not, I just keep driving. Thus I shall not vote😂

Ask you to vote, not ask you to buy lol. Boomer leh. Kidding haha. 😆

• Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, Beregond said:

the off roader only 2 choice. jeep and landrover .......i dun want both 😅

Would have gone for the Ford Bronco if there was one here. Haha.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Is there some kinda criteria for COTY? Or just vote any car I like?

Vote for your favorite car per category. 

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Beregond said:

just my 2 cents suggestion, dun need have so many categories. 

maybe 5 or 6 is more then enough.

it make the winner of the category more significant

More categories equals more money for sgcarmart. Pre-covid if you are a nominee you are invited to a dinner to collect your award that's when they can sell table seats to the companies nominated.

Internal Moderator

Suzuki.thumb.jpg.5c3c1b123281e58c98114dd3cf78e52c.jpg

Answering the voting call from Champions Motor and voted for my own kind. Lol. On a side note, I've been looking at used Swift Sport prices and prices have soared. Sad.

↡ Advertisement