Stay of execution for Drug trafficker due to Covid!

Beregond

3 minutes ago, Beregond said:

these AM love to poke their nose into other ppl internal issue 🤮, if he got many billions to spare and want to do humanity work. go save those migrants at poland's border instead. 

i think both MY and SG death for drugs law was established long ago and well known, so can heck care what Branson thinks and says. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

@13177 Sick inmate cannot be hanged. He will be hanged only when he is fit.

I think the delay is partly due to the phone call. So, they will go through the legal processes again before coming back to the same point!

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 4

52 minutes ago, Blueray said:

The law is clear. You murder, you traffic drugs (>16g), you discharge firearm during robbery, you get hanged.  Don't want to die prematurely? Don't do these activities no matter how poor how desperate you are.

• Praise 7

6 minutes ago, Blueray said:

i think both MY and SG death for drugs law was established long ago and well known, so can heck care what Branson thinks and says. 

i think we recently change our law on death for drugs trafficking  . I think its the wrong move. we give in to those human right stuff. it will invite drug lords to test our market and loop hole only.

imagine this case escape death, guess what the drug dealer gonna do next time? make sure their mule all fail IQ test before any attempt. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

45 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Paiseh, i dont understand why tio covid liao cannot hang as per schedule liao ah?

Maybe the Prison Service has a policy that death-penalty inmate should die a clean person, if he/she doesn't have any disease to start with.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

The law is clear. You murder, you traffic drugs (>16g), you discharge firearm during robbery, you get hanged.  Don't want to die prematurely? Don't do these activities no matter how poor how desperate you are.

We don't want the western human right law. No gun ownership, no drugs, etc. Ang Moh love them, please invite them over and don't play in our home. 

• Praise 2

Despite the death sentence, there is no reduction in the number of drug-related cases.

The law did not address the root cause.

It just "penalised" the messenger.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

If hang now will die because of underlying condition😂

Damn that's a morbid joke. But MOH will not want this death on the statistic, so yeah, underlying condition.

It's not just this dude by the way, now there is a discovered cluster in the prison. Apparently he is unvaccinated as well, and from what I read, has no symptoms currently.

I feel that all these appeals is just prolonging his mental torture waiting for the inevitable. But the longer the wait, the more voices internationally will come in to lend strength to the clemency call.

Too much "woke-ness" going around really, it remains to be seen whether our tough drug laws will also be affected.

Edited by Sosaria

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

imagine this case escape death, guess what the drug dealer gonna do next time? make sure their mule all fail IQ test before any attempt. 

I don't think the dealers care whether their mules can escape death penalty or not. They just concerned whether shipment will be successful.

• Praise 4

3 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I don't think the dealers care whether their mules can escape death penalty or not. They just concerned whether shipment will be successful.

yes.

but imagine they telling their mules. under singapore law. under condition babababa, if u get caught for drug  trafficking u will be spare from hanging. if this happen we inviting more mules to attempt to breach our check and customs only

• Praise 2

I think why they had a stay of execution is because reporting of COVID numbers then will be a headache - if he hangs while having COVID:

- You can't report he died of COVID

- You can't report that he recovered from COVID either

- And it is messy to create a new category as, "died of other factors while having COVID".

Problem lah. So let him live a few more days.

Blame the drug cartels. Laws on drugs are long established. It is these drug distributors trying to push the boundaries.

If you start blaming the authorities, blame the law then you are helping the drug distributors achieve what they want. The law on drugs is written to protect us from the drugs. Drugs is a tool to manipulate ppl. 

Edited by Watwheels

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

the lawyer xxx wants to stir the shit one. The lawyer  is no stranger to us lah. 

It is verified long ago that he is fit to be hanged. Singapore law is famous for hanging anyone who dare to bring drugs. Some don't get caught and enjoy driving CAT B car around like a boss, some get caught and the resulted is to get hanged. This is a game any drug dealers should know before they play right?

Now that he is caught, don't need to find all excuses. You play, you pay! 

Richard Branson is nothing to our Singapore! He should just shut up and get lost! 

As in the M Ravi fella right ?? He is putting 101% of his energy on this dude ….. maybe he gets a medal for getting him off and buying time on some technicality …… when a person is to be hanged he has to be in pristine stock condition …… maybe they want to harvest his organs ( for a good cause of course lah )

• Praise 2

what a great idea

1. if he survive COVID - we hang him

2. if he don't survive COVID - thank you COVID for doing the job instead

either way, he's not getting away from running drugs.

• Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

what a great idea

1. if he survive COVID - we hang him

2. if he don't survive COVID - thank you COVID for doing the job instead

either way, he's not getting away from running drugs.

reminds me of this

image.thumb.png.23ece71be6737f82e4be32a4c62483cd.png

• Haha! 4

4 hours ago, Blueray said:

Richard, go suck your own lollipop lah.

This is not to say whether i think he should be spared or not.

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement