Guy with Amputated arm chooses to do NS!

Fcw75

39 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Salute to this guy. [thumbsup]

Read from the article that ''Throughout his years in primary and secondary school, Tan was reportedly bullied for his disability. Tan only managed to find true friends when he was pursuing his business NITEC at ITE College Central.''

Dont know why there are so many loser and evil people out there? [shakehead]

• Praise 11
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Wow. First time see ppl use mouse with left hand. Getting used to right and left click will be tricky. All left handed person I know still use the mouse with their right hand. But this guy got no choice lah.

Great that he is able to contribute in whatever way he could. I hope his ippt is not 1 hand chin up and push up. That would be impressive. 

• Praise 8
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, RadX said:

An excellent example and puts all those Si Ginnas to shame

white horse serving as military scientist 🤫🤫🤫

hahaha 🤐🤐🤐

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

19 minutes ago, RadX said:

Worthy of a new thread and kudos to him! 

An excellent example and puts all those Si Ginnas to shame

Si ginnas will never be shameful, thats why they are si ginnas.  Pwui them.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

imagine a disabled guy volunteer do NS... duty ! honor!  country!!!!!!....

then get told :" Your estate will repent for not voting PAP, no upgrading for your flats... "

after all, it happened to thousands and thousands of soldiers with old and or disabled parents etc who just have to go climb stairs or walk in the rain while people in say Marine Parade and Ang Mo Kio get upgraded to death.

hes a good guy just to be clear... but the system... the system has problems.

Edited by Playtime
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

But now serve NS gov contribute cpf. I remember after I ended my ICT cycle I received some cpf monies in my cpf account. How much I forgot already. Although not enough to buy a HDB flat but better than nothing.😁

• Haha! 1

Come to think of it NSmen also get tax relief. After so many donkey years still see the NSmen relief when doing income tax. Even being the wife of NSmen get tax relief. 

• Haha! 1

43 minutes ago, Playtime said:

imagine a disabled guy volunteer do NS... duty ! honor!  country!!!!!!....

then get told :" Your estate will repent for not voting PAP, no upgrading for your flats... "

after all, it happened to thousands and thousands of soldiers with old and or disabled parents etc who just have to go climb stairs or walk in the rain while people in say Marine Parade and Ang Mo Kio get upgraded to death.

hes a good guy just to be clear... but the system... the system has problems.

Pui to the person who started all this sh!t....

• Haha! 2

He has my respect for serving the nation willingly! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

While some may said he is afterall a clerk (which many Chao Keng personnel aimed to be during their NS), but let not forget that he can use this 1 year 10 months or 2 years to gain useful working experience + commanding a higher pay in the civilian world instead of "wasting" his precious time for nothing (except few hundreds dollars basic rank pay).

@Watwheels I can confirm that full time NSF has no CPF contributions as my son is currently serving his NS and all in (rank pay + allowance) ~$1K+ per month, 100% take home, no CPF deduction. 

• Praise 17
  • Haha! 2

Respect and admiration for this chap.

His attitude to life puts almost all of us here to shame. Myself included.

All the best to this wonderful guy and this article brings a huge smile on my face.

• Praise 7

14 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

While some may said he is afterall a clerk (which many Chao Keng personnel aimed to be during their NS), but let not forget that he can use this 1 year 10 months or 2 years to gain useful working experience + commanding a higher pay in the civilian world instead of "wasting" his precious time for nothing (except few hundreds dollars basic rank pay).

@Watwheels I can confirm that full time NSF has no CPF contributions as my son is currently serving his NS and all in (rank pay + allowance) ~$1K+ per month, 100% take home, no CPF deduction. 

Buay pai sia. Now 1k pay leow ah. Envy leh

• Haha! 3

23 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

It is for NSmen. LoL...you are right.

https://www.ns.sg/web/portal/nsmen/home/nstopics/awards-and-recognition/article/awards-for-nsmen/ns-home-awards

Pes E I think no ict?

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement