Guy with Amputated arm chooses to do NS!

Fcw75

17 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

the option is always there, just that you dont tick the option. just like for handicap child for e.g. 

the draft claims will be submitted and you save a copy. and then IRAS will approve automatically and send my the tax bill.

so if you tax bill comes in, whatever option you choose, just mak bodoh. dont change. i see the tax estimate and the actual is always different one.

last time i claim parent relief as instruction was can each child claim 1 parent. then knn IRAS call me and ask who else claimed.. so in short.. just dont hope they call you.

I dont know NSmen tax relief cannot claim if already MR? I learnt something new today. Lol. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

22 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

volunteered? what a fool.

and looks like his family is enabling him.

dont like that say lah.. i know he can chose not to serve and if i were him i might have chosen not to. but i am not him and i wont understand him.

in fact most nsf do not serve in combat role.. that percentage used to be higher but due to low births, they outsource much of the services.

there are still many vocations that are senang as hell.. and yet they still have nsf filling them. waste of time right?

So i respect your opinion and your right to your opinion. i also dont think you are wrong to think so.

but somehow if we all dont stand up to guard our rights in our country, we will see it eroded. like 1 bro say if we vote oppo, our estate dont get upgraded.. our parents got to climb the stairs.

so his 2 years nsf in service vocation means someone else can be freed in a more siong vocation. (Too bad for the other guy. lol)

at the same time, i think if we make it such that all manpower is so precious, so expensive, mindef wont take nsf for granted and keep wasting our time (which means for the greater good, he should not have volunteered) am i making sense? lol

PS: my question is during bmt, was he excused firing weapon or throw grenade? 🤣

• Praise 6

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I dont know NSmen tax relief cannot claim if already MR? I learnt something new today. Lol. 

i think you are safe.. iras dont surf mcf.. or do they? lol

• Haha! 2

53 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Think he no say want to prove he can do what others can. Likely he treat himself as a normal person on the street, same as what other guys must go to serve NS when it is time. 😄

That in itself is proving that he can do what others can, lor….aiyoh

• Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

i think you are safe.. iras dont surf mcf.. or do they? lol

Like that i better remember to check my income tax next year on the NSmen tax relief. 😅

56 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Wa, now even have extra vocation allowance? Pay not bad when in NSF now hor.

You must be pioneer gen. When I was nsf 20+ years ago I also had vocational allowance, on top of my rank. I remember at the peak I got close to $700 in total a month. There was even backpay lump sum of thousands of dollars for the vocational allowance when we turned operational. Looking at the current table i will be getting $1300. As a diploma holder in engineering, my fresh pay after ord was $1500. Now fresh grad pay for engineering diploma got $3000?

Edited by Columbian78
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

You must be pioneer gen. When I was nsf 20+ years ago I also had vocational allowance, on top of my rank. I remember at the peak I got close to $700 in total a month. There was even backpay lump sum of thousands of dollars for the vocational allowance when we turned operational. Looking at the current table i will be getting $1300. As a diploma holder in engineering, my fresh pay after ord was $1500. Now fresh grad pay for engineering diploma got $3000?

20 + ago already have vocation allowance? I already forgotten even how much was the rank pay, so dont remember if got vocation allowance or not? Lol.

Think fresh pay for engineering diploma should be around $2200? Dont think got $3000 so high la?

41 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

dont like that say lah.. i know he can chose not to serve and if i were him i might have chosen not to. but i am not him and i wont understand him.

in fact most nsf do not serve in combat role.. that percentage used to be higher but due to low births, they outsource much of the services.

there are still many vocations that are senang as hell.. and yet they still have nsf filling them. waste of time right?

So i respect your opinion and your right to your opinion. i also dont think you are wrong to think so.

but somehow if we all dont stand up to guard our rights in our country, we will see it eroded. like 1 bro say if we vote oppo, our estate dont get upgraded.. our parents got to climb the stairs.

so his 2 years nsf in service vocation means someone else can be freed in a more siong vocation. (Too bad for the other guy. lol)

at the same time, i think if we make it such that all manpower is so precious, so expensive, mindef wont take nsf for granted and keep wasting our time (which means for the greater good, he should not have volunteered) am i making sense? lol

I think one hand can throw grenade. Can use teeth to pull out the safety pin while only one hand holds the grenade.

image.png.939d7dd1da255e44dd7818c6416fbc3d.png

• Haha! 6

49 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

Maybe able to fire rifle with one hand.😁
image.png.b5ece23f5f4ea9f8a5d92f58072ac9dc.png

• Haha! 6

1 hour ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

volunteered? what a fool.

and looks like his family is enabling him.

Whether he’s a fool or not that’s another story.

What I am trying to say is there are able bodied men who find means and ways to evade NS. Just take it like a man and serve  the 2 years la. It’s 2 years nowadays man, last time we had to serve extra half year. 

Reservist is also another story.

• Praise 5

10 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Whether he’s a fool or not that’s another story.

What I am trying to say is there are able bodied men who find means and ways to evade NS. Just take it like a man and serve  the 2 years la. It’s 2 years nowadays man, last time we had to serve extra half year. 

Reservist is also another story.

how does serving NS willingly make you a man?

If someone force something on you under the threat of violence, the real man is the one that dares resist.

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

If someone force something on you under the threat of violence, the real man is the one that dares resist.

Because he want to? Why not? How does that make him a fool?

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

Serving NS in a office vs. serving NS carrying 30kg of load bashing in jungle for 20hrs non stop, while having a fever and being told to either bash or get extra. I don't think they are the same.

If given a choice...most able bodied male will willingly serve in the air con office. 

I did both. I can tell you they are different. I started out being an able bodied male. I ord with slip disc and worn knee.

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 4

I read the interview. His sis said he enlisted so he wouldn't be odd one out and miss out when ppl talk about ns. 

My worry is once he enters the workplace he'd be odd one out as the FTs won't know what he's talking about.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 10

10 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

i agree with this statement too. but for the benefit of the rest of society, even if you dont believe in violence, you are forced to wield it on behalf of those who are ignorant of that need. (from that you cant stand the truth movie.. lol)

which is why many like me wonder what NS is all about even after mr already. do i want others to serve just becos i have? do i want them to experience the same thing i have?

NS has a need it needs to fulfil for sgp's circumstance. but there are many ways to skin a cat. there are better ways but i wont go into it.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Karoon said:

I read the interview. His sis said he enlisted so he wouldn't be odd one out and miss out when ppl talk about ns. 

My worry is once he enters the workplace he'd be odd one out as the FTs won't know what he's talking about.

1 hour ago, Calinlin said:

Serving NS in a office vs. serving NS carrying 30kg of load bashing in jungle for 20hrs non stop, while having a fever and being told to either bash or get extra. I don't think they are the same.

If given a choice...most able bodied male will willingly serve in the air con office. 

I did both. I can tell you they are different. I started out being an able bodied male. I ord with slip disc and worn knee.

i like these hard truths

Edited by Nolicense

2 hours ago, Calinlin said:

I ended with tinnitus ... shit I wish I could experience the sound of silence again 😔