Guy with Amputated arm chooses to do NS!

Fcw75

35 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Strange.... Cos once out on greens, IQ also lowered by 20 anyway! 

so imagine if you already have IQ 80... if put on green become IQ 60.. what hope do we have left?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

24 minutes ago, Twister said:

This is very true.

Last time my BMT buddy, once he is in No.4, he will be blur fark (Gong Dai Dai) look.

But met him once on weekend outside while he was with his friend wearing very hip and stylo,  don't have the GDD look...  🙄

Sounds like Doofy from Scary Movie.

When in uniform:

3E12EA47-18D9-4D73-9455-465900C913AD.png

Outside:

34F3D3DA-99E9-409E-962E-03AA1D34EE86.jpeg

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Playtime said:

Well the one armed guy definitely won't be cleared for any firearms training anyway. 

It would seem SAF would make substantial allowance for people to serve if they want in spite of medical deficiencies. 

Used to have 50k babies per year. Now it's 32-35k babies per year as we got more affluent. 

So if u have one able minded guy taking up one admin vocational slot, why not. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Not to say bad about this guy. But why would he serve NS and get a low paying allowance as a NSF ?

If he needs a job, he could have signed on as a regular, with a huge difference in pay.

Most people kpkb about the "loss" of 2 yrs in NS, with regards to time and money.

3 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Not to say bad about this guy. But why would he serve NS and get a low paying allowance as a NSF ?

If he needs a job, he could have signed on as a regular, with a huge difference in pay.

Most people kpkb about the "loss" of 2 yrs in NS, with regards to time and money.

Not sure they'd want to sign him on as a regular. Nsf is a completely different thing. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Playtime said:

Not sure they'd want to sign him on as a regular. Nsf is a completely different thing. 

U sound like a procurement person 

fixed fee vs time n material 

Lala some more, hqms jin jialat liao for all the bobos.

Bmt understood to be mistake prone.

Yet at rod shoots, wah lau, the statistics please. Can st show incident curve from way back when and include all branches 'accidental' discharges. No wriggling now.

The canonisation would be hilarious.

General Stern asgard is really giggling worth.

Shouldnt weapon safety be an explosive issue and on the news. That it permeate the 12 year old can already tell you how to disassemble and reassemble a weapon...

The jackpot guy can learn what is forbidden or not...otherwise mata complain...

20211031_201635.jpg

Edited by Datsun366

On 11/10/2021 at 8:33 PM, Carbon82 said:

He has my respect for serving the nation willingly! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

While some may said he is afterall a clerk (which many Chao Keng personnel aimed to be during their NS), but let not forget that he can use this 1 year 10 months or 2 years to gain useful working experience + commanding a higher pay in the civilian world instead of "wasting" his precious time for nothing (except few hundreds dollars basic rank pay).

@Watwheels I can confirm that full time NSF has no CPF contributions as my son is currently serving his NS and all in (rank pay + allowance) ~$1K+ per month, 100% take home, no CPF deduction. 

I have the same thought. I would say he made the right move to volunteer to serve NS. The two year stint will better equip him in the labour market as compared to being exempted. Who knows, he may be offered some suitable post in mindef, or he can make use of the NS time to decide which career path he can pursue. So, I think it is a double win choice for him.

• Praise 2

19 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

I have the same thought. I would say he made the right move to volunteer to serve NS. The two year stint will better equip him in the labour market as compared to being exempted. Who knows, he may be offered some suitable post in mindef, or he can make use of the NS time to decide which career path he can pursue. So, I think it is a double win choice for him.

i highly doubt mindef will offer him anything post ns. there are too many jlb there to support and many fresh underpaid ns boys every year to resupply ords. imagine clerk for 2 years there and reservist go pdf dig trench.

I think you not quite understand these people. They do not like to be obviously labelled as handicapped or missing something.

Its the gear they have had all along. How would you like it when labels of loss and inadequacy is used on your car?

Real men drive beemers, fags do ricers...

It can be better phrased and gentler described.  

😁

Merry Christmas vs Good Friday. What is good about Good Friday? Or merry about Christ birthday?

• Praise 1