Guy with Amputated arm chooses to do NS!

Fcw75

42 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Come to think of it NSmen also get tax relief. After so many donkey years still see the NSmen relief when doing income tax. Even being the wife of NSmen get tax relief. 

MR no more already la

↡ Advertisement

29 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

He has my respect for serving the nation willingly! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

While some may said he is afterall a clerk (which many Chao Keng personnel aimed to be during their NS), but let not forget that he can use this 1 year 10 months or 2 years to gain useful working experience + commanding a higher pay in the civilian world instead of "wasting" his precious time for nothing (except few hundreds dollars basic rank pay).

@Watwheels I can confirm that full time NSF has no CPF contributions as my son is currently serving his NS and all in (rank pay + allowance) ~$1K+ per month, 100% take home, no CPF deduction. 

i think if they up the allowance they will do a cpf on it.. but thats too ex. its still called an allowance. same as MP allowance. tax free.. but 1 is $1k another id $15k

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

amputee-ns-6.jpg

He looks more fit than his sergeant who is standing opposite him.

of cos lah.. imagine you 1 hand got to do 2 hand work... that 1 hand become size of 2 hand for sure... lol

• Haha! 5

5 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

of cos lah.. imagine you 1 hand got to do 2 hand work... that 1 hand become size of 2 hand for sure... lol

LoL...This I never notice cos I have 2 arms.

• Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

LoL...This I never notice cos I have 2 arms.

You can see those who play racket games. Their master arm is larger than their other arm.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Buay pai sia. Now 1k pay leow ah. Envy leh

These are the current rank pay for NSF, recruit already $580/mth.

safallowance1.png?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=n3DSF

On top of that still have allowance. 

main-qimg-0b797fb6e5b5ffd71bfd99a21f17e5

33 minutes ago, Playtime said:

curious.... what rank and voc is that pay?

Make a guess using the table I have provided above. :D

Hint: It is all blood and sweat... 

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Wow. First time see ppl use mouse with left hand. Getting used to right and left click will be tricky. All left handed person I know still use the mouse with their right hand. But this guy got no choice lah.

Great that he is able to contribute in whatever way he could. I hope his ippt is not 1 hand chin up and push up. That would be impressive. 

There was a period of around 2 months when I had a right shoulder surgery and I had to use my left hand for mouse. Just set the mouse button to that for left hander (switch the 2 click buttons function around). Was quite ok to get used to. Of course it is for normal computer use and not some activities requiring quick reflex and precision like gaming.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

For someone like him, all the more he wants to do NS.  To prove he can do what others can .

Think he no say want to prove he can do what others can. Likely he treat himself as a normal person on the street, same as what other guys must go to serve NS when it is time. 😄

• Praise 2

20 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

You can see those who play racket games. Their master arm is larger than their other arm.

i highly recommend switching hands.. otherwise your snake will grow 1 sided also.. true story.. lol

11 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

These are the current rank pay for NSF, recruit already $580/mth.

safallowance1.png?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=n3DSF

On top of that still have allowance. 

main-qimg-0b797fb6e5b5ffd71bfd99a21f17e5

Make a guess using the table I have provided above. :D

Hint: It is all blood and sweat... 

Wa, now even have extra vocation allowance? Pay not bad when in NSF now hor.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

amputee-ns-6.jpg

He looks more fit than his sergeant who is standing opposite him.

Fit or not does not match and equal to rank la. Lol.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

He has my respect for serving the nation willingly! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

While some may said he is afterall a clerk (which many Chao Keng personnel aimed to be during their NS), but let not forget that he can use this 1 year 10 months or 2 years to gain useful working experience + commanding a higher pay in the civilian world instead of "wasting" his precious time for nothing (except few hundreds dollars basic rank pay).

@Watwheels I can confirm that full time NSF has no CPF contributions as my son is currently serving his NS and all in (rank pay + allowance) ~$1K+ per month, 100% take home, no CPF deduction. 

NSF take home 100% $1k+? Even higher than some cleaners le?!

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

47 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

MR no more already la

Do you need to remove the NSmen tax relief yourself during income tax submission or IRAS will auto update the system? 

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Do you need to remove the NSmen tax relief yourself during income tax submission or IRAS will auto update the system? 

the option is always there, just that you dont tick the option. just like for handicap child for e.g. 

the draft claims will be submitted and you save a copy. and then IRAS will approve automatically and send my the tax bill.

so if you tax bill comes in, whatever option you choose, just mak bodoh. dont change. i see the tax estimate and the actual is always different one.

last time i claim parent relief as instruction was can each child claim 1 parent. then knn IRAS call me and ask who else claimed.. so in short.. just dont hope they call you.

• Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Fit or not does not match and equal to rank la. Lol.

Yalor 

look at CCS

chief of Army with a scholar body

hahahah

↡ Advertisement