Guy with Amputated arm chooses to do NS!

Fcw75

9 minutes ago, Playtime said:

I ended with tinnitus ... shit I wish I could experience the sound of silence again 😔

Live firing? Outfield or in range?

↡ Advertisement

11 minutes ago, Playtime said:

I ended with tinnitus ... shit I wish I could experience the sound of silence again 😔

What happened?

11 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I think one hand can throw grenade. Can use teeth to pull out the safety pin while only one hand holds the grenade.

image.png.939d7dd1da255e44dd7818c6416fbc3d.png

Cannot la bro, your teeth will probably be the one flying off instead of the pin :grin:

• Haha! 5

12 hours ago, Columbian78 said:

You must be pioneer gen. When I was nsf 20+ years ago I also had vocational allowance, on top of my rank. I remember at the peak I got close to $700 in total a month. There was even backpay lump sum of thousands of dollars for the vocational allowance when we turned operational. Looking at the current table i will be getting $1300. As a diploma holder in engineering, my fresh pay after ord was $1500. Now fresh grad pay for engineering diploma got $3000?

Last time I only $400

• Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Calinlin said:

Serving NS in a office vs. serving NS carrying 30kg of load bashing in jungle for 20hrs non stop, while having a fever and being told to either bash or get extra. I don't think they are the same.

If given a choice...most able bodied male will willingly serve in the air con office. 

I did both. I can tell you they are different. I started out being an able bodied male. I ord with slip disc and worn knee.

Pretty true but nonetheless this chap is still good.

I was graded non medically fit for combat vocation but I still fought (the MO) and eventually served NS as a combat soldier (like my dad).

I remember there was once I nearly died in an outfield exercise and gone through so many that I lost count.

Longest outfield was 7D6N, those 4D3N are like lunch and dinner for us :grin:

Didn't regret my decision to 'upgrade' my pes status because it's an honor to have gone through thick and thin with the men.

• Praise 8
  • Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

I was graded non medically fit for combat vocation but I still fought (the MO) and eventually served NS as a combat soldier (like my dad).

I remember there was once I nearly died in an outfield exercise and gone through so many that I lost count.

Didn't regret my decision to 'upgrade' my pes status because it's an honor to have gone through thick and thin with the men.

Last time during my NS, I came to know of a clerk at battalion hq Coy who was graded PES E but he ultimately successfully applied to be upgraded to PES A/B and underwent BMT before his ORD, because he wanted to apply to be a police officer.

Edited by DOBIEMKZ

13 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

volunteered? what a fool.

and looks like his family is enabling him.

we have to look at thing from another direction.

i might be wrong, but from report it seem he is lacking in confident and dun mix well socially got bully and stuff.

his family encourage him to join ns to build up confident and courage which is exactly what he needed 

he will have all the welfare he need during his service period. he can make friends there and merge into the society better .

he got more to gains then to losts for the 1 year + spend in NS. 

• Praise 7

12 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

NS didn't get you bro but the mrna vaccine did. 

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Playtime said:

Live firing outfield... and it WASNT even during R&R 😒

Yeah, not the first time I hear people getting tinnitus from what you went through.

There are some injuries that come back to haunt us later in life from NS like my case.

4 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Last time during my NS, I came to know of a clerk at battalion hq Coy who was graded PES E but he ultimately successfully applied to be ungraded to PES A/B and underwent BMT before his ORD, because he wanted to apply to be a police officer.

We had one that OOC day one due to medical.. but he can run 2.4 like kangaroo.. toing toing toing so fast dunno got zhng vtec or what 🤣

• Haha! 3

1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

NS didn't get you bro but the mrna vaccine did. 

Yeah that's the irony in life isn't it? :grin:

I remember all those mono intake hokkien pengs are really the tough guys in the field, not kidding.

Too bad with my heart arrhythmia, I may go before them.

All the nice memories outfield.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Yeah, not the first time I hear people getting tinnitus from what you went through.

There are some injuries that come back to haunt us later in life from NS like my case.

How to claim? 🤒🤨🤨

I can understand why some will be very bitter about it.

Come to think of it... those soldier who do real firefight , Must be all half deaf, where got time put ear protection. 🤔

Dunno what ear plugs saf give these days.. but id suggest all buy the best you can for your son's sake when they enter NS. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Last time during my NS, I came to know of a clerk at battalion hq Coy who was graded PES E but he ultimately successfully applied to be upgraded to PES A/B and underwent BMT before his ORD, because he wanted to apply to be a police officer.

Huh, like that also can???

Anyway, my main aim was to at least fire a real rifle and throw a grenade. My dad served under the Israelis and his story was scary like fall in with cupboard, etc.

Although the going was tough but my dad kept me going lol and not forgetting all the brothers that served together with me.

I wasn't even the toughest.

• Praise 4

3 minutes ago, Playtime said:

How to claim? 🤒🤨🤨

I can understand why some will be very bitter about it.

Come to think of it... those soldier who do real firefight , Must be all half deaf, where got time put ear protection. 🤔

Dunno what ear plugs saf give these days.. but id suggest all buy the best you can for your son's sake when they enter NS. 

Of course no way to claim la bro but I'm not the only one leh, so many kena injuries.

Bitter? Of course but I did enjoy the moments going through all that crap especially outfield.

After 7D6N I'll have mud so thick that I need to wash my number 4 at least twice, first wash water come out black lol.

29 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Yeah that's the irony in life isn't it? :grin:

I remember all those mono intake hokkien pengs are really the tough guys in the field, not kidding.

Too bad with my heart arrhythmia, I may go before them.

All the nice memories outfield.

I am the type that love outfield and field camps.

I dun like staying in office. Wait for arrow to fly and hit u only🤣

• Haha! 3

57 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Nice. i only know those who did the opposite. 1 became (keng or not i dunno) siao lang, one bai ka and another one keep going for medical appointment till we forgot got this guy in the company. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4