Guy with Amputated arm chooses to do NS!

Fcw75

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

we have to look at thing from another direction.

i might be wrong, but from report it seem he is lacking in confident and dun mix well socially got bully and stuff.

his family encourage him to join ns to build up confident and courage which is exactly what he needed 

he will have all the welfare he need during his service period. he can make friends there and merge into the society better .

he got more to gains then to losts for the 1 year + spend in NS. 

Due to his disability, sometimes also cannot blame that he dont mix well socially and lacking in confident. Many times it is those people around him who outcast him or treat him like an alien, that why bully was mentioned. If everyone can has some empathy and can accept vulnerable groups, then such thing would not happen liao.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

15 hours ago, Adrianli said:

You can see those who play racket games. Their master arm is larger than their other arm.

Legs also...my son one leg is wider than the other... with reference to the extreme side of legs hor...not the middle one 😁

• Haha! 8

13 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I think one hand can throw grenade. Can use teeth to pull out the safety pin while only one hand holds the grenade.

image.png.939d7dd1da255e44dd7818c6416fbc3d.png

After throwing...need to pick up some teeth also 😁

• Haha! 4

This story, as some may say, is “notch simpur” once you take into account a couple of other stories that are floating around MSM and social media with the core story about Harry Birtwistle renouncing citizenship to pursue an EPL career and how a FB page started a post that compared Soh Ruiyong serving NS and still being competitive to debunk Harry’s reasons, which Soh came out to criticise.

Singapore could’ve had two EPL-bound players, as the other was Ben Davis, but now what we have are two erstwhile jailbirds, as soon as they step foot in Singapore again.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Mustank said:

Last time I only $400

My time chao turtle only got 195 as chao private...jin happy when I got 210 plus 2 ikan bilis (one on each arm)...then lagi happy with 260 for the extra ikan bilis 😁

Bought guard duties to do also couldn't hit 500 per month, not to mention especially when I lost money on mahjong...😂

• Haha! 10

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

I am the type that love outfield and field camps.

I dun like staying in office. Wait for arrow to fly and hit u only🤣

Reservist that time very funny one

the canteen is the unemployment center. All those nothing to do one sure hang around there

later rsm come and get people to do various work but mostly some rough housekeeping jobs like clear ant nest :XD:

some will hang around mt line and workshop but mto will chase away those not mt line people :XD:

but those hang around workshop one got help us do various things lah

Edited by Mustank
  • Haha! 8

1 minute ago, mersaylee said:

My time chao turtle only got 195 as chao private...jin happy when I got 210 plus 2 ikan bilis (one on each arm)...then lagi happy with 260 for the extra ikan bilis 😁

Bought guard duties to do also couldn't hit 500 per month, not to mention especially when I lost money on mahjong...😂

That time I everyday cookhouse take Christmas valentines duty until saved enough to tell my father I don’t need pocket money for one year in uni

but I will tell my kids to just enjoy themselves thru the experience 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Nice. i only know those who did the opposite. 1 became (keng or not i dunno) siao lang, one bai ka and another one keep going for medical appointment till we forgot got this guy in the company. 

I got 1 fellow keep calling hotline until posted out, really weak that fellow but quite an intelligent guy.

So high intelligence doesn't mean can do it.

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

Due to his disability, sometimes also cannot blame that he dont mix well socially and lacking in confident. Many times it is those people around him who outcast him or treat him like an alien, that why bully was mentioned. If everyone can has some empathy and can accept vulnerable groups, then such thing would not happen liao.

Exactly.

He must be with the right company of people, not all are empathetic (it's different from pity).

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Beregond said:

I am the type that love outfield and field camps.

I dun like staying in office. Wait for arrow to fly and hit u only🤣

I can do both la, got to be flexible.

Actually a lot of social skills are also learnt from NS :grin:; most of my hokkien learnt from NS.

• Haha! 2

Kudos to him for serving the nation.

But circumstances between people are different especially for those really talented individuals. Having to give up or delay at your prime just to serve the nation is disruptive.

• Praise 3

SAF has never being in a battle where there are deaths and injuries.

Its a whitebread unit that does not know battle but play soldier. Not that it is a bad thing.

Sk and ROC have actual veterans still in service.

Sgp? Veteran from onan road hotel new world or sentosa cable car incident?

Although having at least the training and a structure to follow is valuable.

Take it with a pinch of salt.

• Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Datsun366 said:

SAF has never being in a battle where there are deaths and injuries.

Its a whitebread unit that does not know battle but play soldier. Not that it is a bad thing.

Sk and ROC have actual veterans still in service.

Sgp? Veteran from onan road hotel new world or sentosa cable car incident?

Although having at least the training and a structure to follow is valuable.

Take it with a pinch of salt.

I like this movie.....[laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

That is their lifeline. Life is fair and just after all. Without the umbilical cord, the child has no need of mother. And the caring mother would not have their immortality project.🥰

All of us are Corporal Tans and he is not special, those of us that have non visible weaknesses, we remember those...especially at range. Scare us die die.😅

As team prayers, those sportsmen should have joined national team before heading out, unless of course those individual sports involving water.😁

Edited by Datsun366

4 hours ago, happy_man said:

This is the dumbest statement of the Thread - War happens when military deterrence had failed - That's what happened to Korea and Vietnam. Now, go turn on the tap...See how clean water flow from it ? You have Cpl Tan and his supporting family to thank....along with hundred of thousands of NSmen since 1965....That to me is priceless than having "war veterans" today.

https://mothership.sg/2021/11/serve-national-service-amputee/

amputee-serve-ns-family.jpg

lpufb4k6.bmp

Why show ah umh cupping something? 😝

↡ Advertisement