Urgent - battery or other problem?

Lala81

4 hours ago, Kxbc said:

how much was your batt? for which brand and model? I need to change mine soon.

No idea... I just paid and drove off. Receipt says "battery". Bit shack today. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Do you guys have difficulty understanding these auto mechanics at times? 

I mean my hearing is not the best. But I always find it difficult to understand what they are saying. 

Especially over the phone it can be a nightmare talking to them. 

Maybe it's hearing loss. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

36 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I mean my hearing is not the best. But I always find it difficult to understand what they are saying. 

Maybe it's hearing loss. 

Depends, speak English sometimes catch no ball but using mandarin is usually quite clear with Malaysian auto mechanics despite my chinese C6 standard.

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Maybe it's hearing loss. 

They tend to mumble most times. My hearing also not the best and when I mumble back, they will look blankly at me too. 

😂😂😂Try asking for discount. Answer and said mumble will miraculously disappear. 

Either they cocky and can't be bothered to explain or they not sure how to explain something that's beyond logical/too complicated for layman like me to understand. Especially names of car parts. Half the time it's "mumble mumble spoil liao, then need to mumble mumble this to mumble mumble to that. Its $550 including labour mumble mumble will take half a day. Mumble mumble you go back first, will call you when car ready. Oh u wait here ah, upstairs got aircon, you go up wait also can... Mumble mumble"

😂😂Serious. Until I check the bill then I will see the proper parts name. Luckily not often. 

Just my usual encounters. These days, no need talk too much. Just say normal servicing. It's the not normal ones that will start a conversation like above. 

Glad it was just a battery replacement for your case. Take care and stay safe. 

Cheers 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, badlammy said:

Those few years, did you regularly discharge and charge the Anker?

Only twice or thrice recharging it. Now I use it as a super size power Bank at home

6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Maybe it's hearing loss. 

Ya man everytime I thought i heard and understood that the bill was 300 dollars over the phone but then actually become 3,000 hahahahaha

keeding 

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 4

16 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Obviously never read my post that says change batteries every 2.5 years.

Stretch to 3 years and when scrap the car will come here and post - really sayang to scrap my car with brand new barely one year old battery.

:D

Your calculation is 10 years COE divided by 4 x 2.5? It cannot be exact leh. Like my ride, the stock battery retired itself in 18 months! Then your formula needs to be adjusted liao!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 11/13/2021 at 6:48 AM, Fitvip said:

Your calculation is 10 years COE divided by 4 x 2.5? It cannot be exact leh. Like my ride, the stock battery retired itself in 18 months! Then your formula needs to be adjusted liao!

Wow, I donno how to explain, I just changed the battery last service. Means my battery lasted almost close to 5 years😓

• Praise 1

Just now, Arogab said:

Wow, I donno how to explain, I just changed the battery last service. Means my battery lasted almost close to 5 years😓

My previous one lasted >4 years!

• Praise 1

Just saw this thread. 

My car cannot start last Monday too. Initially thought it’s the battery but it’s less than a year. Anyway, used the portable jump starter to try also cannot. 

LL call Swift Recovery. The guy came by and used those Dua Mao jumpstarter to try. Managed to get the starter cranking and told me it’s starter problem. 14 years liao, kao pun liao.

Drove to my regular workshop and he recon the starter. Recon is $250 and labour is $180. New Suzuki starter would have cost me $495+GST, that’s just for the part. 

This is starter issue:

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 8

On 11/12/2021 at 11:06 AM, Hamburger said:

Read this thread too late. I could have come to Lala rescue with my all powerful 400A battrry jump starter

Although it failed on the 1.5L, it might start a 2.4.🤣

Go big or go home!

I just bought a Baseus 2000A 20000mah jump starter on Shopee. 😁

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

17 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Just saw this thread. 

My car cannot start last Monday too. Initially thought it’s the battery but it’s less than a year. Anyway, used the portable jump starter to try also cannot. 

LL call Swift Recovery. The guy came by and used those Dua Mao jumpstarter to try. Managed to get the starter cranking and told me it’s starter problem. 14 years liao, kao pun liao.

Drove to my regular workshop and he recon the starter. Recon is $250 and labour is $180. New Suzuki starter would have cost me $495+GST, that’s just for the part. 

This is starter issue:

so your own starter was recon or a recon starter was put in?

dont know the prices but $250 just to recon seems pricey.  i have brought a used starter and sent to recon before. i remember the recon job was less than $100.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 3

10 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

dont know the prices but $250 just to recon seems pricey.  i have brought a used starter and sent to recon before. i remember the recon job was less than $100.

They reconditioned my starter. Anyway, just want to get it done then. 😁

Had to work late afternoon.

Took out, sent to shop to recondition then put back in. Got car back in 4 hrs.

Hope can last till I scrap. 

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 5

1 minute ago, Volvobrick said:

Just arrived last week. Bought for family member. Just a bit bigger at 24000mah. 😄

Screenshot_20211129_163739.thumb.jpg.e4614d2481447ad36c8f1cd5b31f7b4d.jpg

Power man! From where ah? I saw at AliExpress. But take very long leh.

57 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

own starter recon or put a recon in is the same😀

a recon starter is 1 that they repair and keep. just that u dun need to wait for them to do the repair work on  it.

250 expensive or not hard to judge. because must see how much repair work they done on it. if only replace the bushing  is indeed slightly expensive. but if the center core is replace, is about there. 

↡ Advertisement