I experienced similar.

There is one more. 

Gear in "d".  

Someone here ever did that and posted for help . 🤣

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Step 1 : Get someone near you and try to connect battery to start again (I always have a pair of cable in the boot for this purpose, regardless if I use it or someone need it)

Step 2 : If cannot, probably starter liao. Then you call tow truck😂

• Praise 1

51 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Good enough.  Hey but 13.7v ? Your engine was running idel when taking this reading ? 

13.7V is when headlights are on. I notice that on my car too. My charger has a voltage indicator too.

During daytime the voltage is around 12.7V. When charging it is around 14.4V . When deceleration the voltage will jump to above 14V as well. At first I didnt know the alternator can do this. Then I saw it on my charger. But my car isnt mild hybrid or hybrid. 

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I experience it before too. but mine is fuel pump. hahahaha.

This highest probability is not fuel pump. If pump issue, you will hear the car crank up and then die off lah

• Praise 4

53 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Yes that happened before to me. But this one haha u can still run radio and ac fan etc. 

Anyway probably battery lah. Just dropped off car at workshop. Shun bian do servicing

sir. so finally workshop check is battery problem ? 

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Yup. After 4 days of wasted coe ...13.7 not bad liao 😅

12.2 without crank 

you are measuring the alternator charging voltage. all it says is alternator is working.

need to do battery load test or analyzer to check status of the battery. 12.2V seems ok after 4 days.

image.png.6a49ec98ede8cde97dd57115b461d922.png

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

should be battery. see the light flashing.

if u hear tac tac tac tac tac , sound.90% is battery issue, weak bat, or the connector loose.

starter sound, u press the button, either no sound, or u hear 1 tac only and no more respond. 

i would say 100% battery as the lights all go off when he cranks. anyway lead acid batteries are meant for high discharge. connecting parking camera to it for recording can only kill it faster as it does not light slow slow discharge till low voltages.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 5

6 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

you are measuring the alternator charging voltage. all it says is alternator is working.

need to do battery load test or analyser tocheck status of the battery

Certainly…If liddat also cannot start means need to start calling for help liao 😅

42 minutes ago, Kopites said:

There is one more. 

Gear in "d".  

Someone here ever did that and posted for help . 🤣

actually this is a common mistake.

not left in D , but in 'R' . the level never engage fully into 'P' mode

its at the "P' position but the mechanism is in 'R"  the symptom is totally no respond when u crank, but there is light on the dashboard ( or there is power )

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
38 minutes ago, Arogab said:

This highest probability is not fuel pump. If pump issue, you will hear the car crank up and then die off lah

I mean speaking of my past experience, what i kenna is not starter or battery. haha, is fuel pump. 🤣

• Haha! 1

Read this thread too late. I could have come to Lala rescue with my all powerful 400A battrry jump starter. 

Although it failed on the 1.5L, it might start a 2.4.🤣

• Haha! 6

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

Read this thread too late. I could have come to Lala rescue with my all powerful 400A battrry jump starter

Those suitcase type?

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Read this thread too late. I could have come to Lala rescue with my all powerful 400A battrry jump starter

You mean it fails to jump start your 1.5L car ?

Edited by Ct3833

My take is, test the battery with a hand held tester every 3-4mths when the battery is more than 1year old. A 3min job. Change it when the reading is low. Don’t have to worry about carrying jumper cables, jump pack which can die on you when you need it the most, rely on AAS or other services where you need to wait and then pay sometimes exorbitant charges.