Urgent - battery or other problem?

Lala81

46 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

My take is, test the battery with a hand held tester every 3-4mths when the battery is more than 1year old. A 3min job. Change it when the reading is low. Don’t have to worry about carrying jumper cables, jump pack which can die on you when you need it the most, rely on AAS or other services where you need to wait and then pay sometimes exorbitant charges.  

Lol I usually rely on @Kb27 service. He's helped me change twice liao. But this morning he was busy. 

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

54 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

You mean it fails to jump start your 1.5L car ?

Yup. Mentioned in another thread and bought another unit with 2000A. 

Gonna jump start a trailer next time!! Roar... 

Edited by Hamburger
  • Haha! 4

7 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

i use to buy jump pack also.

but change to a cable long ago. if cannot start, try to flag down any nearby cars to help only🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

30 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i use to buy jump pack also.

but change to a cable long ago. if cannot start, try to flag down any nearby cars to help only🤣

I have a super thick cable that could jump start a nuclear power plant that and its so seasoned that I needed to use black and red tape to insulate the exposed copper wire. 

Could you imagine my angst that a power pack I bought and kept for few years, and when could finally be put to good use, and it failed.

养兵千日, 衰在最关键那时。

• Haha! 8

2 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

I have a super thick cable that could jump start a nuclear power plant that and its so seasoned that I needed to use black and red tape to insulate the exposed copper wire. 

Could you imagine my angst that a power pack I bought and kept for few years, and when could finally be put to good use, and it failed.

养兵千日, 衰在最关键那时。

ya. thats why i dump my power pack.

got a custom make cable. the wire alone as thick as my little finger.😁 ( dun include the rubber skin )

• Haha! 3

Power pack's charge retention is not that long, just like any battery. You buy one on standby. You don't know when your battery will play punk. By the time you need it, if it can talk, it will tell you " I myself need help! How can you be so cruel!?" 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Lol I usually rely on @Kb27 service. He's helped me change twice liao. But this morning he was busy. 

Sorry, your Amaron battery was replaced on Dec 2018, so it's coming to 3 yrs. Coincidentally, early this morning I had to replace a Exora, also Amaron battery that died after I installed it in 2018, which was why I missed your text.

• Praise 5

Obviously never read my post that says change batteries every 2.5 years.

Stretch to 3 years and when scrap the car will come here and post - really sayang to scrap my car with brand new barely one year old battery.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Stretch to 3 years and when scrap the car will come here and post - really sayang to scrap with car with brand new barely one year old battery.

I once exported with a one month old battery 😂

• Haha! 4

18 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Stretch to 3 years and when scrap the car will come here and post - really sayang to scrap my car with brand new barely one year old battery.

me. i stretched my amaron till 3.5years. tested it monthly. in the end changed it not because it was weak but i bought a new one for cheap. so decided to swap it in.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Battery problem. Just collected my car. Thanks guys. 

how much was your batt? for which brand and model? I need to change mine soon.

9 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

how much was your batt? for which brand and model? I need to change mine soon.

if japan or korean car.

its a no brainer to go for amaron 😁

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Hamburger said:

养兵千日, 衰在最关键那时。

Those few years, did you regularly discharge and charge the Anker?

4 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Can tan Jiak already 🤣

• Haha! 2

For those who wants to DIY a battery jump starter, here's my suggestion. Although it's not going to be small and portable, you can have it standby at your home or put in your boot if you have enough space. But it's most reliable to start your car.

1. 35AH maintenance-free lead-acid battery

2. battery terminals and clamps 

3. short cables for positive and negative, 8 AWG or thicker, length as short as possible, maybe 2~3 ft

4. AC battery charger for use at home

Make your own cables and standby the battery. The battery need to be charged about every 6 months with a AC charger.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4