YouTube "removed" the dislike button damn

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.42700c7585cf47afb7c6a3df63932372.jpg

I don't know about you but I find it unhelpful to users now that the dislike count is put to private. The dislike button will still be there and we will still be able to dislike the video but only the content creator can view it now. YouTube says it is supposedly meant to discourage trolls from doing a group attack. I do rely on the dislike count to decide if the video is worth my time or not, especially if it's an educational or tutorial type of content.

YouTube today announced its decision to make the “dislike” count on videos private across its platform. The decision is likely to be controversial given the extent that it impacts the public’s visibility into a video’s reception. But YouTube believes the change will better protect its creators from harassment and reduce the threat of what it calls “dislike attacks” — essentially, when a group teams up to drive up the number of dislikes a video receives.

The company says that while dislike counts won’t be visible to the public, it’s not removing the dislike button itself. Users can still click the thumbs down button on videos to signal their dislike to creators privately. Meanwhile, creators will be able to track their dislikes in YouTube Studio alongside other analytics about their video’s performance, if they choose.

https://techcrunch.com/2021/11/10/youtube-is-removing-the-dislike-count-on-all-videos-across-its-platform/

491fd3b98bade75e1102495c717a4a6c50e18460f624f978ac4d0ad62652e828_1.thumb.jpg.09eede81a8d539e7941a5d1fe0c60d5c.jpg

↡ Advertisement

10 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Then they should remove like too lah. Next is comments 😄

actually I like to read comments more than the like or dislikes.......... some of them are helpful and at times funny too and sometimes a different dimension too especially in DIY jobs  

• Praise 1

can still dislike . but cannot see the numbers of dislikes😂

no wonder yesterday i watch videos, wow those viewers all so positive meh, no 1 dislike😅

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

actually I like to read comments more than the like or dislikes.......... some of them are helpful and at times funny too and sometimes a different dimension too especially in DIY jobs  

Ya. The comments are actually the best part of YT. some are really hilarious. 

• Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Ya. The comments are actually the best part of YT. some are really hilarious. 

Absolutely ..... same for the News  FB and Instagram/ Twitter..... sometimes I dont even read the full news ....... I just like reading the comments and with that are the likes and dislikes too.... its same here in MCF .....some one starts a topic.........an innocous topic and its pandora's box after that.......      

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

I just like reading the comments and with that are the likes and dislikes too.....      

i got this habit also. many video i just play them. and straight scroll down to see all the funny comment. 😂

those comment from soccer own goal etc etc is damn funny😅

• Haha! 1

That's a good idea.

Too many dislikes on the educational massage videos I watch to improve my skills.

Must be from jealous women.

Haha no more dislike button for them to press.

:D 

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

That's a good idea.

Too many dislikes on the educational massage videos I watch to improve my skills.

Must be from jealous women.

Haha no more dislike button for them to press.

Not necessarily so! Men can also disliked them. Like in some of the videos the positions too difficult so I click Dislike.

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Not necessarily so! Men can also disliked them. Like in some of the videos the positions too difficult so I click Dislike.

What kind of videos do you watch?

Pilates? Yoga?

• Haha! 1

The stupidest thing is Facebook removed the auto tagging feature which automatically suggest people to tag. So convenient. 

↡ Advertisement