The facelifted Hyundai i30 N is coming! #feelthefeeling

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Bring manual in, people will say no DCT. They don't buy.

Bring DCT in, people will say no manual. They don't buy.

Truth is, bring in manual and dct, they also won't buy, because Hyundai.

• Haha! 8

8 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

I registered my interest 🙂

No test drive. 

[16/11, 8:47 pm] Hi ***,

This is ***- from Komoco Motors Pte Ltd ( Hyundai). 

Thank you for your interest. 

I received an email enquiry on a test drive for our up coming HYUNDAI i30N

At the moment the car is still not available yet. No test drive will be available for the i30N.

It will be build to order.
[16/11, 8:47 pm] Let me know if you are keen to reserved a unit. 🙂
[16/11, 8:47 pm]  Price without COE:
I30 N 2.0 DCT Turbo Sunroof: - $133,999
I30 N 2.0 Fastback DCT Turbo Sunroof: - $138,999.

53 minutes ago, Calinlin said:

Actually, true manual I would seriously consider. But I have a problem with these new fangled manuals with the auto rev matching. No skill required, doesn't feel "earned". Liddat might as well get a DCT. Or ZF. 

Yes I know you can turn it off, but then you know you'll never be as perfect as the computer which means you're causing wear and tear. And that would pain me. Lol. 

41 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

No test drive. 

[16/11, 8:47 pm] Hi ***,

This is ***- from Komoco Motors Pte Ltd ( Hyundai). 

Thank you for your interest. 

I received an email enquiry on a test drive for our up coming HYUNDAI i30N

At the moment the car is still not available yet. No test drive will be available for the i30N.

It will be build to order.
[16/11, 8:47 pm] Let me know if you are keen to reserved a unit. 🙂
[16/11, 8:47 pm]  Price without COE:
I30 N 2.0 DCT Turbo Sunroof: - $133,999
I30 N 2.0 Fastback DCT Turbo Sunroof: - $138,999.

The pre-facelift i30N has an OMV of ~$28K, factor in a VES surcharge of $15K (C1), the basic car cost would be ~$83K+, so Komoco pricing represents a $50K mark up. Wow... 

Have to say the Fastback is a looker, but sadly not available in I30N form previously. This may sell better than the hatchback imo, given the relatively warm response of the lower powered i30 Turbo.

• Praise 8

Car priced at $139k now..

If add COE of minimum $60k presently, it will cost almost $200k. 

If COE expected to cross $80k sooner or later, how many will buy it at $220 - 230k? 🤔

13 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Actually, true manual I would seriously consider. But I have a problem with these new fangled manuals with the auto rev matching. No skill required, doesn't feel "earned". Liddat might as well get a DCT. Or ZF. 

Yes I know you can turn it off, but then you know you'll never be as perfect as the computer which means you're causing wear and tear. And that would pain me. Lol. 

No choice.

MT without rev match will also cause wear and tear.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

No choice.

MT without rev match will also cause wear and tear.

Yah, that's why I'm happy with my renault megane rs 250 with the traditional non rev matching stick, so I have to do it all myself. Fun. 

• Haha! 1

On 11/16/2021 at 6:58 PM, Acegab said:

Lol I'm just waiting for the Avante N at least it has the looks to back the speed compared to i30 N..

The i30 fastbackN should at least tick a few boxes.

if they can still do 135k with coe then it will be a steal . The last version did not do well probably due to the Skoda VRS going at 128k.

On 11/16/2021 at 8:06 PM, Calinlin said:

so true for the first 2 sentence.

Hyundai actually improve alot lah. I compare my 11 years old avante and the current avante.....so much different.

@Sdf4786k

On 11/23/2021 at 11:22 AM, Sdf4786k said:

The i30 fastbackN should at least tick a few boxes.

if they can still do 135k with coe then it will be a steal . The last version did not do well probably due to the Skoda VRS going at 128k.

Asking 130+k exclude coe. I laughed. At this price, just buy anything using MQB and mod till you happy.

Edited by Calinlin

@Michael2828

21 hours ago, Michael2828 said:

so true for the first 2 sentence.

Hyundai actually improve alot lah. I compare my 11 years old avante and the current avante.....so much different.

Improve a lot on things that their segment of consumers see, but if you really start looking, quality, build, drive is still very much hyundai.

My i30 1.4T quality was just plain crap. Rust spots everywhere, paint spill all around rim, rattle/squeak, wastegate rattle, fan noise, air con not cold on hot days, noisy as fark, steering got clicking feel. Yes, referring to when it was new, under 10k km.

1 hour ago, Calinlin said:

@Michael2828

Improve a lot on things that their segment of consumers see, but if you really start looking, quality, build, drive is still very much hyundai.

My i30 1.4T quality was just plain crap. Rust spots everywhere, paint spill all around rim, rattle/squeak, wastegate rattle, fan noise, air con not cold on hot days, noisy as fark, steering got clicking feel. Yes, referring to when it was new, under 10k km.

Built in Czech. Probably that’s the reason. 

On 11/25/2021 at 6:59 AM, Calinlin said:

@Michael2828

Wa serious? got complain or feedback? under 10k km.....

On 11/25/2021 at 8:23 AM, Mkl22 said:

Built in Czech. Probably that’s the reason. 

On a side note , my rental in Australia i30n which is more than 20xxx km seems well screwed together and knowing it’s a rental is subjected to 100x more abuse than the usual ownership experience.

no preceive noise like clicking or steering rack issue. 

probably holiday mood and a carefree mood may have muted the senses and sensitivity but I was pretty much convinced of the build quality.

perhaps the Australian had a different specs but my impression was it’s still a good car for the price bracket , better than the japs

↡ Advertisement