COVID-19: Living with COVID (Endemic & Opening Up)

Carbon82

1 minute ago, Starry said:

I am more concern about long covid effects even if this new strain is not lethal. 

Recently, I read quite a few elite footballers suddenly collapsed on the field over some heart issues.  Also not sure it is due to what?  But we know that elite footballers have the club medical to always monitor their fitness, and honestly,  there wasn't a time that I heard of young fit footballers collapsing on field all almost at the same time.

It depends on whether got lung fibrosis.

If there is, better do threadmill ECG or CPET.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Starry said:

I am more concern about long covid effects even if this new strain is not lethal. 

Recently, I read quite a few elite footballers suddenly collapsed on the field over some heart issues.  Also not sure it is due to what?  But we know that elite footballers have the club medical to always monitor their fitness, and honestly,  there wasn't a time that I heard of young fit footballers collapsing on field all almost at the same time.

yes. this is what most ppl is  concern about. same with mrna vaccine.

because by nature human is worry or scare of unknown stuff.

long term effect of cov19 and its various variant and long term effect of taking mrna vaccine ( esp counting in alot of booster might be needed) is all unknown.

but then human is best at adapting , this thread is a good example. see how fast the thread grows in the early days. and how it slow down this 2 months .

Edited by Beregond

Anyone have any idea for the arrival PCR done in Changi Airport, usually how long before the result is send to the arriving passenger ? 
Within 6 hours? 12 Hours ? more than 12 hours? 

Thanks in advance 

3 hours ago, RadX said:

Sounds like open up and stuck

priapism…. @Jamesc fav

Bro, it's really tough for people like me with bad reaction to vaccination.

My heart arrhythmia from vaccination seems to be worse than the side effects of Omicron :sick:

Just yesterday night, I can barely breathe lying on my back when trying to sleep.

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/australianz/australia-halts-border-reopening-over-omicron-fears-pm-morrison

Australia on Monday (Nov 29) abruptly halted plans to reopen its international borders to skilled workers and students, an 11th-hour decision prompted by concerns over the Covid-19 Omicron variant.

After an emergency security meeting, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the much-heralded Dec 1 reopening will be delayed at least two weeks.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

My heart arrhythmia from vaccination seems to be worse than the side effects of Omicron :sick:

Just yesterday night, I can barely breathe lying on my back when trying to sleep.

You the chap w chronic pain that time rt? Me thinking that it may have been a cardiac issue then as well as it stemmed from the anterior aspect of the thorax

just referred One of my students to my fellow cardio for a workup as post 2nd dose, unable to maintain stamina as long as before and has recurrent mild tachycardia

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Sounds bad, maybe now you cannot lay flat when sleep? Need to prop up you head to sleep?

38 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Sounds bad, maybe now you cannot lay flat when sleep? Need to prop up you head to sleep?

Some nights are quite bad.

When I lay on my back to sleep, I'll get breathless but feel better when I sit up or sleep on tummy.

Cannot sleep properly.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, RadX said:

You the chap w chronic pain that time rt? Me thinking that it may have been a cardiac issue then as well as it stemmed from the anterior aspect of the thorax

just referred One of my students to my fellow cardio for a workup as post 2nd dose, unable to maintain stamina as long as before and has recurrent mild tachycardia

Not me.

My problem is mostly heart arrhythmia that happens across heart rate randomly, can be fast and slow.

When my heart skip a few beats in quick succession, I feel breathless and present with left chest pain at times but it doesn't feel muscular.

I can hold 80% max heart rate easily when I was still running but now I can barely manage 60% without feeling flat (just tried 3 days recently before my wife stopped me).

It's been many months after my 2nd Pfizer jab so it's quite depressing frankly.

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, inlinesix said:

It depends on whether got lung fibrosis.

If there is, better do threadmill ECG or CPET.

From what I read, long covid can be virus induced or immune response induced. The lung fibrosis you mentioned is virus induced. It's a direct damaged done left behind by  the virus after it has been defected.. Personally I had experience this more than  10 years ago when I had pnemonia.

The other type is caused by a overactive  immune response. They attacks multiple organs. Even asymptomatic  or very mild ones also can get this sort of long covid , long after the virus has gone.

Now I am thinking about my sudden hyperthryoidism, could this be it?

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2