COVID-19: Living with COVID (Endemic & Opening Up)

Carbon82

ok, i know who have the strongest immunity against cov19 liao

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-environment/article/3161258/indonesian-mans-claim-16-vaccine-shots-spotlights?utm_content=article&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1Pki4HcDp72IhFJAkZZxceC3ezEfcHWyhopdzIJH5kd4Ph2fKKqHLoMRk#Echobox=1640673236

Indonesian man’s claim of 14 extra vaccine shots spotlights hesitancy problem as many refuse to roll up sleeves😆

The man in Sulawesi, who claimed to be double-jabbed, said he was paid US$7-US$56 for each of the 14 vaccine shots he received on behalf of others.

Vaccine hesitancy and logistics issues means less than half the population has been double jabbed. Indonesia reported its first local Omicron variant case on Tuesday.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 4

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Beregond said:

ok, i know who have the strongest immunity against cov19 liao

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-environment/article/3161258/indonesian-mans-claim-16-vaccine-shots-spotlights?utm_content=article&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1Pki4HcDp72IhFJAkZZxceC3ezEfcHWyhopdzIJH5kd4Ph2fKKqHLoMRk#Echobox=1640673236

Indonesian man’s claim of 14 extra vaccine shots spotlights hesitancy problem as many refuse to roll up sleeves😆

The man in Sulawesi, who claimed to be double-jabbed, said he was paid US$7-US$56 for each of the 14 vaccine shots he received on behalf of others.

Vaccine hesitancy and logistics issues means less than half the population has been double jabbed. Indonesia reported its first local Omicron variant case on Tuesday.

Let's say each jab is $30, he jabbed 14 times.

Woah. he spend $420 liao.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/PFE/

The more jab he take, the more shares I will buy. 😂

• Haha! 5

14 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Let's say each jab is $30, he jabbed 14 times.

Woah. he spend $420 liao.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/PFE/

The more jab he take, the more shares I will buy. 😂

Err .. bro .. he take on behalf of other people as proxy and get paid so that those who fear of long term side effects can still have a job despite not vaccinated 

A few highlights of Covid-19 cases around the world (as of 28 Dec 2021).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Total cases: 283 mil
  • Total Death: 5.43 mil
  • Daily new cases: 1.22 mil (new record on 28 Dec 2021 - driven by Omicron, vs 0.904 mil on 29 Apr 2021 - driven by Delta)
  • Daily death: 6,570 (highest record was 17,540 on 27 Jan 2021)
  • Singapore ranking: 88th with 278,409 cases
  • Singapore cases per mil: 47,038 (above world average of 36,333 and even higher than India @24,859)
  • Singapore death per mil: 139 (significantly lower than world average of 697)
  • Praise 5

16 minutes ago, SGMCF328 said:

Singapore cases per mil: 47,038 (above world average of 36,333 and even higher than India @24,859)

hm... i dunno.... that sounds like under reporting to me.

• Haha! 4

Bros & Sis, 

It's nearing the end of the year liao. Wish all safe and happy. Just enjoy your holidays and wear your mask appropriately lah. Keep going, make this endemic and live with it liao.

I was with one SG group overseas, people are leaving the group cos too much negative staffs. Hope we do not have this going around. 

Cheers for 2021 and look forward to 2022 man. Time to siu gang liao 

• Praise 13

22 minutes ago, Playtime said:

hm... i dunno.... that sounds like under reporting to me.

To me , stats wise we are in a bad place. Management wise for survival, it seems we have the best outcome.

no wonder, people flock to Singapore for its facilities like the best medical place on earth

kudos to the healthcare workers for bringing the best in times of needs

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, RadX said:

There's a new cheap vaccine approved in India. It's similar to Novavax. This might caused a dent in big pharma's earnings.

A new, low-cost Texas Children’s Hospital vaccine gets approval for use in India

A COVID-19 vaccine created at the Texas Children's Hospital Center for Vaccine Development in Houston has received emergency use authorization in India, after nearly 10 years of research and funding obstacles in 2020.

The goal is to make the vaccine – called Corbevax – available in other low- and middle-income nations across the globe to help prevent future variants of concern from forming.

“As long as we leave the southern hemisphere unvaccinated new variants of concern for us will emerge," said Dr. Peter Hotez, co-director of the Texas Children's Hospital Center for Vaccine Development and dean at Baylor's National School of Tropical Medicine. “The only way to stop it is to vaccinate the world and we think our [vaccine] is going to be a major contributor to that."

Hotez said because the Corbevax vaccine is cheap, has no patents and uses traditional protein-based vaccine technology it will be easier for other countries to mass-produce and distribute it.

"It's a similar technology used to make the Hepatitis B vaccine that's been made locally and all over the world for three or four decades," he said. "It really does check all of the boxes you would want for a global health vaccine."

The vaccine is currently approved for use in India to vaccinate people 18 and older. Biological E. Limited, the India-based company that partnered with the researchers at Texas Children's, has already produced 150 million doses and is scaling up to make 100 million doses a month, according to Hotez.

At the virus' peak in May, India saw more than 400,000 COVID-19 cases per day. The country has had more than 34 million cases since the beginning of the pandemic, according to New York Times tracking data, and is just 42% fully vaccinated.

Hotez said they're also working with partners in Indonesia, Bangladesh and Botswana and hope to have the vaccine available there soon.

The process to getting the vaccine fully funded stalled last year, while other projects received funding from the Trump Administration's accelerated COVID-19 vaccination program, also known as Operation Warp Speed, according to Hotez.

“The hard part for me was we had to raise money for this, because at the time, operation WARP speed couldn’t care less about a simple durable vaccine for low and middle income countries. It was all about speed and innovation,” he previously told Houston Public Media.

Despite the trouble in getting funded, Hotez said the project was able to raise around $7 million through various philanthropic groups in Houston and across Texas to help his team’s efforts.

• Praise 4

7 hours ago, happy_man said:

Wow....our selected madam president must have read your MCF post - She share the same thing as you coming end of 2021! 😜

U may need to try to understand the undercurrent of message.

This is an old video. But worth watching till the end

Edited by Sdf4786k

17 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

AMTK *think* they no need to wear mask if they test negative for event and are vaccinated. That is the accepted practice over there. No surprise why cases go through the roof

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/30/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

Paris just change their stand after France got record infection. 

Now all outsider other then sports need to wear mask.

• Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Paris just change their stand after France got record infection. 

Now all outsider other then sports need to wear mask.

I mean, is just common sense right? Since the test is not super accurate and there's incubation period and asymptomatic people. They really trusted the vaccines to protect them from infection [laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

51 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I mean, is just common sense right? Since the test is not super accurate and there's incubation period and asymptomatic people. They really trusted the vaccines to protect them from infection [laugh]

I can understand  the opening part esp for europe.

But i think no need wear mask is really a bad move.

Its the cheapest and most easy and first resistance against  infection. 

Why remove it when the whole world in the middle of the  pandemic.  Then kenna jialat jialat liao wear then start to wear mask again.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1