COVID-19: Living with COVID (Endemic & Opening Up)

Carbon82

4 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Does that mean since there are so many imported cases. I can just come back and no need quarantine?? 😂

Check Safetravel Singapore.

Only VTL no need quarantine.

Currently, sales of VTL flight ticket is suspended till 21st Jan.

Edited by inlinesix
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

Minister Iswaran identified the US and UK as “key sources”.

Both countries each imported 16% of the cases, he added.

India was also mentioned as a key source, with 11%.

"He said the bulk, i.e. more than 90%, of these 2,600 Omicron cases were either:

1. Singapore citizens
  2. permanent residents (PR), or
  3. long-term visit pass holders

They were returning to Singapore from overseas, he added."

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Check Safetravel Singapore.

Only VTL no need quarantine.

Trying to find out now. Initially did not feel like coming back. Now boss ask me when I go back, can meet and discuss. 😭 I think he sure discuss if I can give back some bonus to help those BU not doing well. In my heart, 为什么受伤的总是我😭

• Praise 1

Just now, Arogab said:

Trying to find out now. Initially did not feel like coming back. Now boss ask me when I go back, can meet and discuss. 😭 I think he sure discuss if I can give back some bonus to help those BU not doing well. In my heart, 为什么受伤的总是我😭

If you don't go back, will he still discuss it with you?

Sometimes, this kind of request is hard to siam.

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Didu said:

Locals prepare to be blamed for the remaining 40% of infections.  😁

"As of Sunday (9 Jan) night, 4,322 Omicron infections were recorded in the country. Since 2,600 of them are imported, that means imported cases make up about 60% of Omicron infections. here."

https://mustsharenews.com/imported-omicron-cases/

The issue is not the case numbers here or there, it's whether the imported case transmit in the community and if they do or not.

Testing everyday, it should be possible to detect before any transmission can occur....... in theory. This is better/safer than community cases that don't need to continually test.

1 hour ago, bsswan said:

I followed this quite closely.....

Whatever one thinks of Novak, his personality and beliefs etc. there is no doubting his tennis. I am pleased he won the case, not because I want him to try and beat Federer and Nadal because I don't, but because this whole "Mandatory Vaccination required before you come/do/***** etc." is beginning to go too far. Novak says he got COVID twice and has anti-bodies, this is good enough - the whole thing about photos of him attending an event the day after testing positive is a separate case and needs further investigation - and he sure has enough money/insurance to pay his own medical bills no matter what country he arrives.

One day we must move away from mandatory vaccines and make annual jabs voluntary.

Aussie should learn from SG.....

When Bloomberg forum came, we have no problem changing our dine-in rules for our "visitors" .......😂

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/gan-explains-easing-of-dine-in-rules-for-bloomberg-forum

Edited by Starry

1 hour ago, Didu said:

Locals prepare to be blamed for the remaining 40% of infections.  😁

"As of Sunday (9 Jan) night, 4,322 Omicron infections were recorded in the country. Since 2,600 of them are imported, that means imported cases make up about 60% of Omicron infections. here."

https://mustsharenews.com/imported-omicron-cases/

Quite a fair share (90%) of the imported are citizens or residents, maybe people who travelled out once vtl opened, and came back found positive.

Only a small proportion, the remainder are tourists.

Edited by Sosaria

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

If you don't go back, will he still discuss it with you?

Sometimes, this kind of request is hard to siam.

I never say I wanna siam. Just that I alway kena to go help people. Nabeh, nobody help me one. My BU less profit ( or should say same like previous year) ,  they say they  raise target so pay less. Then I got more they say ask me help other BU. then nobody help me😭

Lan Lan still working. Just pray I no need people's help and 顺顺利利就好🙈

• Praise 2

My concern is that we say we have to live with Covid and need to open up. So we should just be allowed to come back. I just look forward to coming back and no need quarantine. I also no need anyone the keep an eye on me as I have been keeping an eye on myself for the past 2 years 😬

No need high salaried people to monitor, open big big. haha

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Ender said:

Took them long enough to finally admit vaccine doesn't stop transmission. Something the whole other world knows.

https://www.audacy.com/kmox/news/national/cdc-director-says-vaccines-are-not-preventing-transmission

In the original variant, virus stays in lung to replicate. That’s why current vaccine is effective against original strain.

For Delta/Omicron, it replicates in nose/throat. HKU has found a vaccine to prevent Nasal Prevention. No international news outlet pick it up.

10 minutes ago, Arogab said:

My concern is that we say we have to live with Covid and need to open up. So we should just be allowed to come back. I just look forward to coming back and no need quarantine. I also no need anyone the keep an eye on me as I have been keeping an eye on myself for the past 2 years 😬

You need to poke nose 7 days for VTL 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Took them long enough to finally admit vaccine doesn't stop transmission. Something the whole other world knows.

https://www.audacy.com/kmox/news/national/cdc-director-says-vaccines-are-not-preventing-transmission

We know this since middle last year when so many vaccinated also get infected.

But every week there will be announcement that "vaccine tested to still protect against 117/Delta/omicron".... brainwashing

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, 13177 said:

They would tell you omicron infection rate is much more higher than delta. So vaccination now is very important? 

Ivory tower keep selling the same version 1 vaccine, think bought too many.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Minister Iswaran identified the US and UK as “key sources”.

Both countries each imported 16% of the cases, he added.

India was also mentioned as a key source, with 11%.

Identify for what? Not going to do anything about it anyway.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

You need to poke nose 7 days for VTL 

I heard they will ask you to prove to them that you poke😨

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

my wife's colleague one came back from US need to SHN, one came back from UK no need, both PCR -ve, so depends if you are coming back from 'high risk' country [laugh] 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1