COVID-19: Living with COVID (Endemic & Opening Up)

Carbon82

42 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

my wife's colleague one came back from US need to SHN, one came back from UK no need, both PCR -ve, so depends if you are coming back from 'high risk' country [laugh] 

I come back from Thailand lor

30 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

5 days at home.  2 days at ART centre.

Well, gotta do what gotta do lah. I now like consultant for my boss' friend's factory on how to handle and trace factory infection for free😂

After all, I have been thru the worst. Haha, what is poking nose. I look towards more freedom only

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

We know this since middle last year when so many vaccinated also get infected.

But every week there will be announcement that "vaccine tested to still protect against 117/Delta/omicron".... brainwashing

To be fair, locally they did say you might still get infected.

But less serious condition lah. This is quite true for most cases lah. These are all from people that I know that turn positive.

• Praise 2

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Quite a fair share (90%) of the imported are citizens or residents, maybe people who travelled out once vtl opened, and came back found positive.

Only a small proportion, the remainder are tourists.

I saw Indon news also saying their returning residents from overseas are bringing back Omicron, and is considering restricting border access.

2 hours ago, Ender said:

Took them long enough to finally admit vaccine doesn't stop transmission. Something the whole other world knows.

https://www.audacy.com/kmox/news/national/cdc-director-says-vaccines-are-not-preventing-transmission

No vaccine on the market now can stop transmission or is even good at stopping transmission. I think that is a clear cut fact already .

There is no longer any need to talk about 90% 95 % 35% etc etc. It dun apply anymore.

The vaccine we use is only good at stopping us from getting too sick if infected.

I think our authority need to give this straight to the ppl.

Many of my friends who dun care about social media or news dun read paper 1, still gong gong believe as long as vaccinated or boosted, they wont get infected.😓

• Praise 3

"Couple from China discontinue appeals, will begin jail terms for obstructing COVID-19 contact tracing in Singapore." Already court has shown they will take a strong stance on those who do not follow or violate covid protocol from past cases. After 2 years, still cannot siam. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-china-couple-singapore-discontinue-appeals-jail-terms-contact-tracing-singapore-2427601

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

No vaccine on the market now can stop transmission or is even good at stopping transmission. I think that is a clear cut fact already .

There is no longer any need to talk about 90% 95 % 35% etc etc. It dun apply anymore.

The vaccine we use is only good at stopping us from getting too sick if infected.

I think our authority need to give this straight to the ppl.

Many of my friends who dun care about social media or news dun read paper 1, still gong gong believe as long as vaccinated or boosted, they wont get infected.😓

Yes, a clear cut fact that CDC doesn't want to admit. In their report I recall correctly they say pfzier are 80 over % effective in preventing transmission with Delta. At least Israel was closer to the truth when they said it dropped to 39% with Delta.

Really took a long time and many for CDC to finally accept this.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Ender said:

Yes, a clear cut fact that CDC doesn't want to admit. In their report I recall correctly they say pfzier are 80 over % effective in preventing transmission with Delta. At least Israel was closer to the truth when they said it dropped to 39% with Delta.

Really took a long time and many for CDC to finally accept this.

ya. if delta is 39%. 

i think its about less then 10% for omicron. It no longer make any sense to link any vaccine with infection rate

6 hours ago, inlinesix said:

"He said the bulk, i.e. more than 90%, of these 2,600 Omicron cases were either:

1. Singapore citizens
  2. permanent residents (PR), or
  3. long-term visit pass holders

They were returning to Singapore from overseas, he added."

why they like to lump things together? Can't provide the percentage for each category? cause im interested to know those under point 3. 

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

why they like to lump things together? Can't provide the percentage for each category? cause im interested to know those under point 3. 

https://www.mot.gov.sg/news-centre/news/Detail/oral-reply-by-minister-for-transport-s-iswaran-to-parliamentary-question-on-air-travel-amid-covid-19-pandemic

"Mr Lim Biow Chuan asked the Minister for Transport whether the freeze on new bus and flight ticket sales for the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) is necessary as Singapore moves towards treating the COVID-19 disease as endemic."

"Mr Lim Biow Chuan asked whether this freeze was necessary given our approach of living with COVID-19. As I have outlined, the freeze was part of a series of calibrated moves informed by the latest public health risk assessment as well as developments around the world. It was essential to balance the need to manage the risk of imported Omicron cases while minimising disruption to travellers who had already made VTL bookings to enter Singapore. Ms Foo Mee Har had asked earlier about the breakdown of imported cases for Omicron. There are about 2,600 cases that were imported. The key sources were the US at 16%, the UK at 16% and India at 11%. This broadly correspond to the VTL traveller volume and is also influenced by the incidence of Omicron in these countries. I would add that less than 10% are short term visitors, the bulk are Singapore Citizens, PR and long term visit pass holders, returning to Singapore from overseas."

No one asked for the breakdown??

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

Why would you want to split?

A lot of long-term pass holders have lived here longer than many PR so what does it prove one way or other?

He said that it would take a few months, but assured that Singapore will eventually reopen safely like Italy, which has one of the highest vaccination rates in Europe at more than 72 per cent fully vaccinated. 01 Nov 2021 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-making-progress-pm-lee-2282141 

2 months later, Italy reports 101,762 COVID-19 cases on Monday, 227 deaths. 11 Jan 2022

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/italy-reports-101762-covid-19-cases-monday-227-deaths-2426371

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Haha! 4

4 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Isn't it obvious that they dun want you people to know too much so they just lump everything together? if the majority is sinkies, they certainly won't hesitate to say out one lah, simi sinkies not vigilant enough craps lor

• Haha! 4

32 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

He said that it would take a few months, but assured that Singapore will eventually reopen safely like Italy, which has one of the highest vaccination rates in Europe at more than 72 per cent fully vaccinated. 01 Nov 2021 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-making-progress-pm-lee-2282141 

2 months later, Italy reports 101,762 COVID-19 cases on Monday, 227 deaths. 11 Jan 2022

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/italy-reports-101762-covid-19-cases-monday-227-deaths-2426371

Since the start of pandemic, didn't we have enough "surprises" from both experts and politicians? they seriously thinks the virus listen to their instructions  meh?

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Covid-19 hospitalizations in the United States have reached a new record high, surpassing the previous peak from January 2021, according to data from the US Department of Health and Human Services. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/11/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html

Ong Ye Kung on weathering the Omicron wave 10 Jan 2022 11:31am "Omicron cases account for about four in 10 of COVID-19 cases in Singapore. The variant is expected to become dominant within a few weeks, said Health Minister Ong Ye Kung. He said Singapore will be able to ride through the Omicron wave, just as it had done so with the Delta variant with unity and resolve. Speaking in reply to MPs' questions in Parliament on Monday (Jan 10), he said the country is much better prepared and resilient than before."

They have fully defeated the Delta variant? They are ready to beat Omicron now?

They think they know everything.

• Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Christan said:

"Couple from China discontinue appeals, will begin jail terms for obstructing COVID-19 contact tracing in Singapore." Already court has shown they will take a strong stance on those who do not follow or violate covid protocol from past cases. After 2 years, still cannot siam. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-china-couple-singapore-discontinue-appeals-jail-terms-contact-tracing-singapore-2427601

Maybe hoping for china FM to lodge protest and save them [laugh] 

But actually in china they are even more strict with covid controls and perhaps there is heavier punishment for violations related to covid.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Covid-19 hospitalizations in the United States have reached a new record high, surpassing the previous peak from January 2021, according to data from the US Department of Health and Human Services. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/11/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html

Ong Ye Kung on weathering the Omicron wave 10 Jan 2022 11:31am "Omicron cases account for about four in 10 of COVID-19 cases in Singapore. The variant is expected to become dominant within a few weeks, said Health Minister Ong Ye Kung. He said Singapore will be able to ride through the Omicron wave, just as it had done so with the Delta variant with unity and resolve. Speaking in reply to MPs' questions in Parliament on Monday (Jan 10), he said the country is much better prepared and resilient than before."

They have fully defeated the Delta variant? They are ready to beat Omicron now?

They think they know everything.

Every day's positive case numbers, Total - Omicron cases = Delta cases, plus or minus some. Beat what?? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement