COVID-19: Living with COVID (Endemic & Opening Up)

Carbon82

8 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Every day's positive case numbers, Total - Omicron cases = Delta cases, plus or minus some. Beat what?? [laugh]

🤣 

Beat aeroplane…

↡ Advertisement

54 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

🤣 

Beat aeroplane…

Ownself shiok ownself [laugh] Everytime press conference

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie
On 11/16/2021 at 10:52 AM, Jamesc said:

I am not against opening up and some people will be very excited its with India, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia.

Can they faster open up for Japan, Thailand and Vietnam?

:D 

I guess, most of us waiting for the causeway to get it opened first :)) 

• Haha! 2

13 hours ago, Ahwhye said:

Isn't it obvious that they dun want you people to know too much so they just lump everything together? if the majority is sinkies, they certainly won't hesitate to say out one lah, simi sinkies not vigilant enough craps lor

Personally, there is Resident and Non-Resident.

Splitting it down doesn't help the community at large - I would want more action if it turned out more STP holders where coming and testing positive. Residents, should be allowed to travel and return as a group so long as government allows travel as a whole.

So far the top combined source of Omicron into Singapore has been Europe, UK and US. These are top destinations for our students, vacations (even before COVID), and key sources for employees and management in Finance/FinTech/Research/Logistics/Aerospace/Hotel/Tertiary Education etc. where many would jump at the chance for a VTL flight to meet up with family.

• Praise 1

I guess if G's idea is to open up. They might as well just report the hospital loading, concentrate to take care it does not goes into over load situation and then just highlight to us as citizens all the red areas for infection and people just take care of themselves not to expose themselves to open up. Set a set of rules and continue to SDA to catch people not to break the rules. Save time, save resources. I see now got lots of unnecessary actions going around leh. Split into import and local for what. Might as well just tell us what they do with import and what they do with locals will do. Life has to go on liao. No point putting extra pressure around like putting on a show

11 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I guess if G's idea is to open up. They might as well just report the hospital loading, concentrate to take care it does not goes into over load situation and then just highlight to us as citizens all the red areas for infection and people just take care of themselves not to expose themselves to open up. Set a set of rules and continue to SDA to catch people not to break the rules. Save time, save resources. I see now got lots of unnecessary actions going around leh. Split into import and local for what. Might as well just tell us what they do with import and what they do with locals will do. Life has to go on liao. No point putting extra pressure around like putting on a show

They don’t give daily new cases press Release anymore.

Media derives it from MoH Graph.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

They don’t give daily new cases press Release anymore.

Media derives it from MoH Graph.

Don’t publish

poeple: oeeei

hahaa too bad

bee Kok say unknown

kin kah kin qiu submit

:XD:

14 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Maybe hoping for china FM to lodge protest and save them [laugh] 

But actually in china they are even more strict with covid controls and perhaps there is heavier punishment for violations related to covid.

China hands out jail terms as long as 4 years for coronavirus lapses
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/china-hands-out-jail-terms-as-long-as-4-years-for-coronavirus-lapses

On 1/11/2022 at 5:23 PM, inlinesix said:

https://www.mot.gov.sg/news-centre/news/Detail/oral-reply-by-minister-for-transport-s-iswaran-to-parliamentary-question-on-air-travel-amid-covid-19-pandemic

"Mr Lim Biow Chuan asked the Minister for Transport whether the freeze on new bus and flight ticket sales for the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) is necessary as Singapore moves towards treating the COVID-19 disease as endemic."

"Mr Lim Biow Chuan asked whether this freeze was necessary given our approach of living with COVID-19. As I have outlined, the freeze was part of a series of calibrated moves informed by the latest public health risk assessment as well as developments around the world. It was essential to balance the need to manage the risk of imported Omicron cases while minimising disruption to travellers who had already made VTL bookings to enter Singapore. Ms Foo Mee Har had asked earlier about the breakdown of imported cases for Omicron. There are about 2,600 cases that were imported. The key sources were the US at 16%, the UK at 16% and India at 11%. This broadly correspond to the VTL traveller volume and is also influenced by the incidence of Omicron in these countries. I would add that less than 10% are short term visitors, the bulk are Singapore Citizens, PR and long term visit pass holders, returning to Singapore from overseas."

No one asked for the breakdown??

so those Sporean who travel under the VTL and comeback tested positive?...coz how many Sporeans are residing overseas on LT and coming back? 

does it mean the VTL is the cause of all the infection?

Did they do any cost benefit analysis? is it worth it that not a lot of tourist that came in through the VTL and is only the Spore citizens...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

you know their style lar, open legs big big till kenna std, kenna liao still bochup pop anti-biotics, till damn serious liao then close temporarily, when ok liao, rinse and repeat.

• Haha! 4

22 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Maybe hoping for china FM to lodge protest and save them [laugh] 

But actually in china they are even more strict with covid controls and perhaps there is heavier punishment for violations related to covid.

bEVfkhboeinmazt.gif

5 hours ago, happy_man said:

I doubt SGreans make up most of the entry via VTL since only in Dec and Jan is more like outgoing travel season...Instead, we saw U-turn by Gov to slow down the surge of Omicron here....This is a reaction to surge of +40% imported cases from US, UK and India when VTL started in Oct-Nov with these countries.

U-turn by Gov to slow down ?

1 January 2022 - Up to 1,000 attendees.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19-phase-advisory

WFH no longer the default from Jan 1, up to 50% of workers. No mandatory minimum 2 days per week?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/work-home-return-office-1-jan-vds-2378516

my office already started rotate 50% back to office since Sep'21, everyone get to go back half a month, now still the same.

my wife never stop going to work as she is the permanent 50% to work in office [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged

Amy: "Please don't think I always smiley face.😊 If you still don't go jab, I will show you another face to gib you nightmare."  👹

Taxi drivers not vaccinated by Feb 1 will be allowed to suspend their contracts: Amy Khor

Taxi drivers who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Feb 1 will be allowed to suspend their contracts until they are fully vaccinated, Senior Minister of State for Transport Amy Khor said on Thursday (Jan 13). Workplace vaccination measures announced last month require workers - including those who are self-employed, such as taxi and private-hire vehicle drivers - to be fully vaccinated in order to return to the workplace from February. 

Slightly more than 300 medically eligible active drivers - or about 0.5 per cent of all active drivers - have yet to receive at least one dose of the vaccine, said Dr Khor in a Facebook post.

She added that she had met with representatives from the National Taxi Association (NTA) and the National Private Hire Vehicles Association (NPHVA), who had requested for an extension beyond Feb 1 to allow for unvaccinated taxi and private-hire drivers to comply with these measures. 

"Extending the timeline for our unvaccinated taxi and (private-hire) drivers would in fact be putting them at greater health risk," she said.

For those who have taken at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, they have until Jan 31 to complete their vaccination regime. 

"During this grace period, they will be able to continue to drive, as long as they have a daily negative pre-event test result from a Ministry of Health-approved COVID-19 test provider," said Dr Khor.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/unvaccinated-taxi-drivers-feb-2022-contract-suspended-amy-khor-2433166

41 minutes ago, happy_man said:

I  read both links - None of them is about VTL. Perhaps you should be referring this MOH advisory published on 22 Dec 

MOH's U Turn: Freezing of new VTL bookings

I don't think this is the right time to increase large gatherings and more social outdoors.

The following actions help prevent the spread of COVID-19, as well as other coronaviruses and influenza.

Wear a face mask in public indoor spaces.

Maintain at least six feet of distance between yourself and others.

Avoid large gatherings.

Socialize outdoors.

Get vaccinated and boosted as soon as you are eligible.

Avoid close contact with people who are sick.

Minimize touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.

Stay home when you are sick.

Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.

Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces regularly.

Wash your hands often with soap and water.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/preventing-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus

Edited by Odyssey2011
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1