COVID-19: Living with COVID (Endemic & Opening Up)

Carbon82

6 hours ago, Kopites said:

If we cant find "someone" than get a "group" instead.

i had the same thought before i saw this post. can more people with lower competence keep check on someone of high competence?

(to be clear, when i mean to say someone, it also should really include the plural some group like a watch dog kinda thing, independent rather than gahmen funded)

so can lower competence group check on higher competence group? with a lot of the legislation getting highly technical, such as financial engineering for management of gahmen finances, laws drafted can and do confuse and even cause legal grey areas even for long time lawyers and judges. not just in sgp, e.g. look at us repeal acts. anti monopoly and glass walls were taken down.

most of these spectacular failures are not caused by "someone". it involves a group of people sleeping on the job and another group bending/breaking the law or the law becomes repealed. 

so if you need to check and balance someone as vast as the gahmen, having an oppo party is not enough. you need whole of society. you need in each respective field of experts to check. the field of knowledge is too wide and too deep for so few to know all. 

i guess my thesis is it takes a village to raise a child, so it takes a whole nation to guide its gahmen.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Nolicense said:

i had the same thought before i saw this post. can more people with lower competence keep check on someone of high competence?

(to be clear, when i mean to say someone, it also should really include the plural some group like a watch dog kinda thing, independent rather than gahmen funded)

so can lower competence group check on higher competence group? with a lot of the legislation getting highly technical, such as financial engineering for management of gahmen finances, laws drafted can and do confuse and even cause legal grey areas even for long time lawyers and judges. not just in sgp, e.g. look at us repeal acts. anti monopoly and glass walls were taken down.

most of these spectacular failures are not caused by "someone". it involves a group of people sleeping on the job and another group bending/breaking the law or the law becomes repealed. 

so if you need to check and balance someone as vast as the gahmen, having an oppo party is not enough. you need whole of society. you need in each respective field of experts to check. the field of knowledge is too wide and too deep for so few to know all. 

i guess my thesis is it takes a village to raise a child, so it takes a whole nation to guide its gahmen.

In the end, be prepared to return power to the people and embark on real political reform.

47 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

In the end, be prepared to return power to the people and embark on real political reform.

yes yes and all that.. in a sham democracy, they say you voted for them, mandate for 4-5 years. you cant complain about the little "benefits" they bestow on themselves as part of the taken for granted privilege gahmen leaders must get and sometimes secretly. 

Internal Moderator
On 1/14/2022 at 9:13 PM, Kb27 said:

oh oh oh...here we go again.

Hundreds of thousands of Indians gather for holy dip, defying COVID-19 surge

PRAYAGRAJ, India, Jan 14 (Reuters) - Hundreds of thousands of Hindu worshippers gathered on the banks of India's Ganges river on Friday for a holy bathe despite a 30-fold rise in coronavirus cases in the past month.

Hindus believe a bathe in the holy river on the Jan. 14 Makarsankranti festival washes away sins.

A large number of devotees were taking a dip in the sacred river where it flows through the eastern state of West Bengal, which is reporting the most number of cases in the country after Maharashtra state in the west.

In the northern state of Uttar Pradesh, thousands of devotees, few wearing masks, thronged the river's banks in the holy city of Prayagraj.

"I can't breathe with a mask," Ram Phal Tripathi, who came with his family from a village in Uttar Pradesh state, said after emerging from the river.

RLKI742H7ZNVZFAEJVRHUT6MSQ.jpg

Hindu pilgrims gather to take a dip at the confluence of the river Ganges and the Bay of Bengal, on the occasion of "Makar Sankranti" festival at Sagar Island, amidst the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the eastern state of West Bengal, India

"Every year I come for a holy dip. How could I have missed it this year?"

India is again facing a surge in coronavirus cases, fuelled mostly by the highly transmissible Omicron variant, but hospitalisations are low, with most people recovering at home.

Doctors had appealed unsuccessfully to the West Bengal state high court to reverse a decision to allow the festival this year, worrying it will become a virus "super spreader" event.

Last year, a big religious gathering in northern India contributed to a record rise in coronavirus cases.

On Friday, the health ministry reported 264,202 new cases of the coronavirus in the previous 24 hours, taking India's total tally to 36.58 million.

Deaths from COVID-19 rose by 315, with total now at 485,350, the ministry said.

dunno this omnicron will become orbigood anot. 🤣

• Haha! 4

Israeli finance minister tests positive for coronavirus.

On Jan. 10, Lieberman posted a photo of himself receiving a fourth COVID-19 vaccination dose.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-finance-minister-tests-positive-coronavirus-2022-01-15/

Friends, one after another, catch the virus. You see how rapidly the virus spread through our communities.

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 1

so much for natural immunity.............

and VTL...............

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/a-sporean-pr-was-infected-with-the-delta-variant-in-may-last-month-he-came-down-with-omicron?utm_campaign=stfb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR18ZfJ13QoO--b0RVQJnBH_apmquhmmyXoj4IONgLxvgBXxvRx0Y7I8AAY

S'pore man infected with the Delta variant in May; last month, he came down with Omicron

Over the course of eight months, John (not his real name) contracted Covid-19 twice.

The 37-year-old permanent resident, who was infected with the Delta Plus variant while he was overseas in May last year, fell victim again - this time to the Omicron variant - while travelling to Singapore last month under the Vaccinated Travel Lane scheme.

Three days after he arrived here on Dec 10, John was informed that a fellow flight passenger tested positive for the virus.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

15 hours ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Cypriot scientist says findings showing Deltacron Covid-19 variant isn't error

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/cypriot-scientist-says-findings-showing-deltacron-covid-19-variant-isnt-error

On 1/17/2022 at 1:42 AM, Starry said:

Were they vaccinated?

17 hours ago, Jellandross said:

She's all ready for the next 66 years 

"She went to Yio Chu Kang Community Club on 397 occasions and keyed in the FINs of these employees to redeem mask kits. She took a total of 397 mask kits, worth S$3,176, in this manner."

She went to the cc for almost 400 times? Tough job. Only to get around 3k worth of masks. Go drive grab better. Lol.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

4 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

"She went to Yio Chu Kang Community Club on 397 occasions and keyed in the FINs of these employees to redeem mask kits. She took a total of 397 mask kits, worth S$3,176, in this manner."

She went to the cc for almost 400 times? Tough job. Only to get around 3k worth of masks. Go drive grab better. Lol.

classic penny wise and pound FOOLISH ... now many pounds liao ... lol

download.gif

• Praise 1